Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Draft

Stafford is definitely viewed in a brighter light nationally than he is here. They haven't experienced what we have experienced.

I think the Colts have jumped to the top of the list of who I think would be a suitable team for Stafford. They just went 11-5 with Rivers shot putting the ball down the field. They have the workings of a great team and adding Stafford would make them even more competitive. You can't tell me that they would rather go with Brissett, Eason, or whomever they pick at #21. If they really wanted to go with Brissett they would have made that decision last year and not signed Rivers.

So if I am Holmes I'm making a call to the Colts and hanging Stafford out there for their #21, and a pick in the 3rd/4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Stafford is definitely viewed in a brighter light nationally than he is here. They haven't experienced what we have experienced.

I think the Colts have jumped to the top of the list of who I think would be a suitable team for Stafford. They just went 11-5 with Rivers shot putting the ball down the field. They have the workings of a great team and adding Stafford would make them even more competitive. You can't tell me that they would rather go with Brissett, Eason, or whomever they pick at #21. If they really wanted to go with Brissett they would have made that decision last year and not signed Rivers.

So if I am Holmes I'm making a call to the Colts and hanging Stafford out there for their #21, and a pick in the 3rd/4th round.
    forget the the 3rd and 4th this year...lets build for the future. Future picks are always valued less anyhow. Take the 21 this year and either the first next year or a combo of picks packaged with the 2nd.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Do you really think we'd have to attach picks? I think we'd just be on the hook for some of the salary.
    yes, and I'm not even sure if that would be enough, we overrate Stafford by a lot, we see him make a handful of amazing throws and think every team in the league would want the guy

the couple good throws shroud his total ineptitude at the line of scrimmage, he cannot read a defense, he always checks down to the wrong play, and his accuracy is brutal, same for his pocket management

but we see those 2 or 3 amazing throws per game and say "wow, not many QBs in the game can make that throw" and think other teams would trade the world for those 2 or 3 good throws

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Lions fans perception of Stafford is for whatever reason far lower than teams outside of Detroit imo. Denver and Pittsburgh fans, on this site no less, have said they would give up their first for him. Look how the media talks about Stafford being underrated and needs to get out of Detroit.
    Stafford is Joe Milton.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I agree with this, there are teams like the colts who are competing who need a solid (not amazing) qb. Houston could be looking for a QB to replace Watson, 49ers not happy with their QB. There are 32 teams and Stafford is better than what half of those teams have right now.
    the Colts already have a solid (not amazing) QB on their roster, Jacoby Brissett, I'd rather have him than Stafford if I was them

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    the Colts already have a solid (not amazing) QB on their roster, Jacoby Brissett, I'd rather have him than Stafford if I was them
    if he was so solid why did they bring in Phillip Rivers...and why did a guy who was a shadow of his former self still starting with Brissett on the bench. Jacoby days in Indi are coming to an end.

if he was so solid why did they bring in Phillip Rivers...and why did a guy who was a shadow of his former self still starting with Brissett on the bench. Jacoby days in Indi are coming to an end.
    because busted arm Rivers is still better than Brissett

Rivers wasn't better than Brissett because of his arm

same reason why Stafford isn't better than anyone who can manage the line of scrimmage

why trade for Stafford when you already have the dude with the arm that came in for Rivers for hail mary's?

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    because busted arm Rivers is still better than Brissett

Rivers wasn't better than Brissett because of his arm

same reason why Stafford isn't better than anyone who can manage the line of scrimmage

why trade for Stafford when you already have the dude with the arm that came in for Rivers for hail mary's?
    because Brissett is not the qb they want. Can he become that maybe but if he was the QB they wanted he would be playing.

Just a list of Names that keep catching my eye as possible picks:

Gregory Rousseau - Dude is straight up a freak JPP type player he is 6'7 and fast may fall out of the top 10 due to lack of playing time in college (sat out last year I believe). This is who I target if he is on the board if we drop back to 12-15.

Tyson Campbell - No relation to Dan...big corner 6'2 185 lbs. Would be a nice pick up if he is there in the second round.

Alim McNeil - McNeil has the potential to be the holy grail - a nose tackle who can rush the passer. He's got one of the best first steps in the entire draft class even though he weighs 320 pounds. He earned grades of 80.8 and 77.5 as a pass-rusher the past two seasons - mostly from a true 0-tech alignment.
    I love this guy even if we do go to a 4-3 rather than a 3-4 he can be that big DT that causes havoc up the middle and is a beast in the running game. Youtube has highlights of him tipping the ball to himself and scoring a touchdown, big man can move.

Monty Rice LB - smaller LB but good at closing the distance and did not struggle getting off blocks in college. Good in coverage.

Jabril Cox - Tall but lanky LB he needs to put on weight if he is going to be a factor in the run game but has the speed to be a really nice option for nickel or a dime lb.

Jordan Smith 6'7" DE/OLB - Purely a late round pick that probably won't make it but his size is intriguing if he can develop his skill.

Been running PFF's mock draft and these guys are frequently the highest rated players when running the mock draft.

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

found this to be an interesting simulator, where you can adjust how teams favor based on need, rating, etc.

So looks like Stafford wants out from all reports and it looks like the Lions have agreed to look to trade him.

This edge class is so weird. There is a lot of talent but nobody stands out as the sure fire guy to be the first taken. Rousseau looked really good 2 years ago but opting out of 2020 is going to force evaluations to be really stingy when scouting him. I could see him having a bit of a fall in that regard unless he really aces his evaluations which given Covid, I'm not even sure how/if the combine will be run.

Paye has the athletic freak traits to go high but production wasn't super high. Hard to necessarily blame him given how incompetent Michigan was run. I like Quincy Roche as well but not sure where he would play given his lack of size. Maybe a WLB but he hasn't really dropped into coverage as far as I know.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

I like this one. Lots of trading.

It seems to me that other than Trevor Lawerence, Trey Lance is the next qb with the highest ceiling right?

2019 statistics: 192 of 287 (66.9 percent) for 2,786 yards, 28 TDs and 0 INTs; 169 carries for 1,100 yards (6.5 average), 14 TDs.

I get it not the best competition but still seems to be the next best option and should fall to us at 7 right?

Zach Wilson or bust

It seems to me that other than Trevor Lawerence, Trey Lance is the next qb with the highest ceiling right?

2019 statistics: 192 of 287 (66.9 percent) for 2,786 yards, 28 TDs and 0 INTs; 169 carries for 1,100 yards (6.5 average), 14 TDs.

I get it not the best competition but still seems to be the next best option and should fall to us at 7 right?
    The thing that is scary with Trey Lance is the lack of film. He essentially sealed in his early mock draft position by only playing in 1 game this year, and having an awesome year last year.

Remember when Kaya was a projected #1 and then played the next season? Didn't turn out too well for him. Now I'm sure it's pretty easy to say that Lance isn't going to be the next Kaya but it's definitely a concern. A concern for all of those players that sat out the entire year. Parsons, Rousseau, Sewell, etc.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast