Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    I think Wood is going to be a very good player, this little clip shows he can play inside and outside. It's not just Harden that is for sure, he's tough inside now using both hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xi5bcbo484

12/27 GT#3 Milwaukee Bucks (1-1) vs NYK (0-2): Smells like a win...

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Tonight:

Hope Frank comes out playing well, Thibs has no choice and Frank earned it:

No IQ,
    No DSJ
    No Burks

Now no ticky tac fouls and this trip could be huge for Frank.

Mitch could have his hands full tonight, hoping for a good showing from him as well, unlike that preseason game.
    Interesting decision tonight for Thibs. Does he use Frank as the backup point guard or does he go with one of the kids and put Frank on the wing and tell him to try and be a shooter. I really want Frank to play well. I do fear if the team is in a drought and he is running the point he can look so sheepish he can put himself in the dog house. Last game it was just catch and shoot when open. Simple. I think he is more likely to succeed with that. The Mitch was great in the Milk game so it will be interesting to see if he can have another big game against a crafty physical giant like Drummond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 12-29-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I think tonight is pretty important for Frank and Knox. With no Burks, both should be used as the ball handler in the pick and roll, especially when Randle sits. They have a chance tonight to show us just how versatile they've become. First test for both, starts tonight imo.

Julius, please don't try and do too much....
    I know you love Knox but I really donít want to see him as a pick and roll ball handler. He is not a shifty ball handler at all

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I know you love Knox but I really donít want to see him as a pick and roll ball handler. He is not a shifty ball handler at all

Knox has shown you the bounce pass to the cutter, the kick tp the wing, the lob, and ability to finish. Not consistent yet but not sure why you wouldn't want to develop that more.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    MOST teams do not have multiple top 3-5 picks as their core. The ones that do usually whiffed to get there the second time. We got our 3rd pick with RJ who has all star ability. Most good teams have nailed one or 2 later lotto picks. Obviously landing a superstar top 3 pick this year would be good for us but I think competing this year also is a path for us. We tanked for RJ and hopefully hit on Obi and add some support from Mitch, Knox, Quickley. Thatís not different than a team like the Suns who hit on Booker late lotto before getting the #1 and signing FAs. Not different than ATL who got Trae and some later talent before signing FA. Winning some games and landing a free agent is a path too.
    I'm not sure why you use other teams as evidence of anything.

The Knicks have proven they can find talent from 1- 4.
    The Knicks have also proven they can't find the right lottery talent after the 4th pick.
    I use the Knicks as evidence to everything because these are the Knicks.

Do other teams build differently? Yes they do but the Knicks have proven they are not good in the middle late lottery and other teams are way better at developing raw talent into NBA players.

Kyrie was indeed the 1st pick and Durant was I believe the 2nd pick in that draft.
    LeBron was #1 pick and Anthony Davis was as well.
    Harden was a #4 pick, CP3 was the 4th pick, Melo was the 3rd pick, etc.

Kawhi Leonard and Giannis are the exceptions but the Knicks never find those guys and never ever develop the raw guys like that. Knicks would have cut both of these guys and most Knick fans would have been asking for the cuts.

12/27 GT#3 Milwaukee Bucks (1-1) vs NYK (0-2): Smells like a win...

Knox has shown you the bounce pass to the cutter, the kick tp the wing, the lob, and ability to finish. Not consistent yet but not sure why you wouldn't want to develop that more.
    I donít think he has good enough a handle. he looks like a turnover waiting to happen in that situation to me. Iíve only seen him be successful with the bounce on straight lines to the basket

Last edited by ewing; 12-29-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    It's not that long ago we finished last, dead last and got lucky to get the 3rd pick. Now imagine if there wasn't three top players in that draft? finishing last got us where exactly?

Not saying we are going to be a good team but to watch a game and not root for your team, I'm not sure I could ever do that? Now I take a loss much better knowing chances of good lottery pick is there but I'm still rooting for these guys to win, just more fun that way.

and I'm not teenager lol, nothing like the present, I'm actually hoping Thibs gets what he wants and lands a nice trade, which will mean losing some nice young talent, but hey how do the lakers look doing that? Clippers?
    Not a teenager either....

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

I worry about Knox, he barely seems to understand where he is most of the time, forget about worrying about setting other people up haha

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I worry about Knox, he barely seems to understand where he is most of the time, forget about worrying about setting other people up haha
    I definitely think when things are made extremely simple for him, heís fine. Like set him up, and he just has to catch and go up strong, or hit him for a good shot, they go in. He just doesnít process other decisions well. Hopefully it slows down for him

Hmm, I'm not sure this is the case. Some fans are bananas, i agree but my position on this is, winning isn't great when the guys doing most of the shot taking and team leading, are not likely to be here past this yr. Even Randle was a piece we seemed pretty desperate to move this summer and we only have him now due to a lack of a good deal. it's almost like the Knicks lucked out by not trading Randle as opposed to mgt making a smart move.

When a team is lead by guys likely to leave soon (Randle and Burks) wins only mean that the players here in the future are more likely to play with a lesser draft talent. Sure, you can't decide where the balls bounce in the lotto but it sure helps when you go into it with a record that's more indicative of the talent that will be on the team that following yr.

Call it tanking or call it whatever you will but until this team is being lead by the players that will be here in the future (good or bad), I'm not sure we're building optimally. just my ops though
    Well, overall philosophy is more complex. The last few seasons I have been all for developing youth and not going for the veteran overpay quick fix. If that dovetails with tanking then great. But there are fans who flip out when the players play to win. Check out recent Jets posts! Many are livid and questioning the intelligence of the organization etc. etc. I mean I get you're disappointed, angry, but what did you expect the team to do? Lay down? Score points for the other team? They basically are saying throw the game or you're an idiot. I've seen those posts on the Knicks board many times in recent years. I get they're crazy fans but they are loud and there are more than a few!

Between the play in tournament and the new lottery math I think Silver and co have taken some great steps to reduce the incentives for tanking.

So for those rooting for the Knicks to win 10 games again, be mindful - The post reported this morning that Nets ratings are dwarfing Knicks ratings (they didnt mention the caveat of how Yes is more widely available than MSG on platforms, but diligent reporting is not exactly the game at the Post)

So let me ask what happens when you get pick 3,4,5 and they are not immediate game changing superstars. Are we banking on free agents again to come to the 10 win team, the lesser product in the state. What wiill improvement look like next year? 25-30 wins. Dont be surprised if RJ wants to join his buddy in NOLA by then haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I definitely think when things are made extremely simple for him, heís fine. Like set him up, and he just has to catch and go up strong, or hit him for a good shot, they go in. He just doesnít process other decisions well. Hopefully it slows down for him
    When he goes to the hoop he literally just throws it up, doesnt even seem to be looking at the basket, there is no control/coordination there at all.

And I still don't seem to get his shot, the arc seems to fluctuate quite a bit. I don't understand how there could be that kind of variation at this stage given he is clearly a good shooter. He is young, so perhaps its still confidence, strength and consistency but if you ask me today if he's worth even midlevel exception come summer of 22 the answer would be no.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516