Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Censorship

Censorship

I do not believe in Censorship. I have watched the deliberate censorship of Donald Trump and many other conservatives in the last months by the tech giants, Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc as well as the prevention of alternative platforms to accept conservative ideas and general discussion by the collusion of the fore-mentioned companies as well as Apple and other service providers to refuse to provide services to accept customers who do not conform to their ideology. It sickens me as a total violation of the Freedom of Speech provision of the First Amendment of the Constitution as violation of existing laws regarding fair trade.

Now then, with the above as my going in position regarding FREE SPEECH and CENSORSHIP, I am appalled by the apparent policy of this board to censure speech on this platform. Since joining this board a couple of months ago, I have been banned twice for "violations" deemed racist and controversial. The last ban lasted two weeks and was done by someone named Benny.

I want to protest not only that ban but also the way that free speech is stifled on this board which I feel is unwarranted and illustrative of nothing but liberal bias. I challenge Benny or any other mod to prove my supposed "racism" and harmful supposed dialogue on this board. Prove it!! WHen I PMed Benny he told me that TEN other Moderators voted to ban me. Really? There are TEN moderators on a board of this size? What the hell do all of these guys do? And Benny said that there were ten mods voting, are there more than that? Really? That is funny.

In the discussion for which I was banned, I brought up the issue of why people called Kamala Harris black. I basically said that she wasn't "black", at least not in the usual interpretation of what people being "black" somehow encompasses. So I said that Harris was not black but rather of Indian and Jamaican heritage(Islander people). In that, I stated that she was not a head band feather wearing Indian but rather from the country of India. Apparently, Benny decided that was worth banning me for ten days????

That comment was not a racist slur. It wasn't a joke. It was factual. American Indians that I know are proud of their heritage and feather wearing is not a slur whatsoever (I also served with an American Indian in Nam(we called him "Chief" btw). A bunch of racists there I guess?

I think that this ban had everything to do with political bias against someone because of his politics and nothing to do with what he(they) called it, namely a racist comment by me. I read everyday, slurs uttered by people on this board calling conservatives racist, bigoted, ********, dumb, and other crap. It doesn't bother me because all this is words and no one would ever say this stuff to my face.

I like this board from the standpoint of the subjects that it covers. But whoever runs it ought to consider how much bias goes on with its administration. Maybe it is were more even handed and tolerant of dissimilar opinion, you might actually grow the board by not chasing Reps. and COnservative minded people away which I believe that happens on this board right now.

Thanks for listening.

I wonder why they censored Osama bin laden...

Is this a push against free speech?

How do we protect our constitution?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    I do not believe in Censorship. I have watched the deliberate censorship of Donald Trump and many other conservatives in the last months by the tech giants, Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc as well as the prevention of alternative platforms to accept conservative ideas and general discussion by the collusion of the fore-mentioned companies as well as Apple and other service providers to refuse to provide services to accept customers who do not conform to their ideology. It sickens me as a total violation of the Freedom of Speech provision of the First Amendment of the Constitution as violation of existing laws regarding fair trade.

Now then, with the above as my going in position regarding FREE SPEECH and CENSORSHIP, I am appalled by the apparent policy of this board to censure speech on this platform. Since joining this board a couple of months ago, I have been banned twice for "violations" deemed racist and controversial. The last ban lasted two weeks and was done by someone named Benny.

I want to protest not only that ban but also the way that free speech is stifled on this board which I feel is unwarranted and illustrative of nothing but liberal bias. I challenge Benny or any other mod to prove my supposed "racism" and harmful supposed dialogue on this board. Prove it!! WHen I PMed Benny he told me that TEN other Moderators voted to ban me. Really? There are TEN moderators on a board of this size? What the hell do all of these guys do? And Benny said that there were ten mods voting, are there more than that? Really? That is funny.

In the discussion for which I was banned, I brought up the issue of why people called Kamala Harris black. I basically said that she wasn't "black", at least not in the usual interpretation of what people being "black" somehow encompasses. So I said that Harris was not black but rather of Indian and Jamaican heritage(Islander people). In that, I stated that she was not a head band feather wearing Indian but rather from the country of India. Apparently, Benny decided that was worth banning me for ten days????

That comment was not a racist slur. It wasn't a joke. It was factual. American Indians that I know are proud of their heritage and feather wearing is not a slur whatsoever (I also served with an American Indian in Nam(we called him "Chief" btw). A bunch of racists there I guess?

I think that this ban had everything to do with political bias against someone because of his politics and nothing to do with what he(they) called it, namely a racist comment by me. I read everyday, slurs uttered by people on this board calling conservatives racist, bigoted, ********, dumb, and other crap. It doesn't bother me because all this is words and no one would ever say this stuff to my face.

I like this board from the standpoint of the subjects that it covers. But whoever runs it ought to consider how much bias goes on with its administration. Maybe it is were more even handed and tolerant of dissimilar opinion, you might actually grow the board by not chasing Reps. and COnservative minded people away which I believe that happens on this board right now.

Thanks for listening.
    You really need to understand the first word in the first amendment; all your examples are commercial which are governed by their terms of service. That said all the big corporation have too much power over control of content and narrative including manipulation of the narrative but this isn't new and we have been warned about it long before computers. Read up on Marshall McLuhan as a starter

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Conservative view points are not censored on this board. Trolling, racism, stereotyping, trolling, baiting, etc ARE. Look at the rules ... if you follow them you will not get infractions.

Moderators don't choose how long a ban is. You get points with infractions. Until you get up to a certain level you don't get banned for an infraction, after that the points determine the length of the vacation.

If you feel something is unwarranted or the moderation is not "fair" then report the post in question so the moderators as a group can review it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Conservative view points are not censored on this board. Trolling, racism, stereotyping, trolling, baiting, etc ARE. Look at the rules ... if you follow them you will not get infractions.

Moderators don't choose how long a ban is. You get points with infractions. Until you get up to a certain level you don't get banned for an infraction, after that the points determine the length of the vacation.

If you feel something is unwarranted or the moderation is not "fair" then report the post in question so the moderators as a group can review it.
    I reported the moderation as not being fair in the General section of this board under the Censorship title. I looked at the rules. I think that the moderation of this board is biased against conservatives. I think, for example, that Benny has intentionally censored and banned me pretty much ever since I posted anything on this board. ANd this latest example was the last straw. He has accused me of racism before and now this ******** about "stereotyping" as reason to ban me was total crap. He told me that my conversation was reviewed by ten moderators and that they all wanted me to get a more severe banning but that he was able to get them to settle for a "stereotyping" violation.

I am opinionated and can be an ******* sometimes. I know it. But being accused of being a RACIST and now being accused of needing medication before I go on a watch tower and shoot some people by one of the other a-holes on this board along with accusations of my INCITING PEOPLE TO RIOT? Why in the hell aren't these a-holes facing consequences?

I do not personally care what people call me because it is just words but when I say something like an AMerican Indian with a head band and feathers getting banned for 14 days is ********. Its plain and pure censorship and someone looking for an excuse to get rid of someone .and that is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    You really need to understand the first word in the first amendment; all your examples are commercial which are governed by their terms of service. That said all the big corporation have too much power over control of content and narrative including manipulation of the narrative but this isn't new and we have been warned about it long before computers. Read up on Marshall McLuhan as a starter

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Yeah. I know all about the First Amendment and that private companies have terms of service different from the rules of the government. Thanks for responding. What is very wrong, however, is the Section 230 provision of the law which exempts these high tech giants from being sued by people who have suffered damages to their businesses and freedoms by being censored by the companies whose platforms they conduct their businesses on. Trump waited too long to take action against these a-holes and when they stabbed him it really hurt not only him but also the Republican Party in general.

I reported the moderation as not being fair in the General section of this board under the Censorship title. I looked at the rules. I think that the moderation of this board is biased against conservatives. I think, for example, that Benny has intentionally censored and banned me pretty much ever since I posted anything on this board. ANd this latest example was the last straw. He has accused me of racism before and now this ******** about "stereotyping" as reason to ban me was total crap. He told me that my conversation was reviewed by ten moderators and that they all wanted me to get a more severe banning but that he was able to get them to settle for a "stereotyping" violation.

I am opinionated and can be an ******* sometimes. I know it. But being accused of being a RACIST and now being accused of needing medication before I go on a watch tower and shoot some people by one of the other a-holes on this board along with accusations of my INCITING PEOPLE TO RIOT? Why in the hell aren't these a-holes facing consequences?

I do not personally care what people call me because it is just words but when I say something like an AMerican Indian with a head band and feathers getting banned for 14 days is ********. Its plain and pure censorship and someone looking for an excuse to get rid of someone .and that is wrong
    When I said "report the post" I meant using the "Report Post" button, but you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    When I said "report the post" I meant using the "Report Post" button, but you knew that.
    Actually Scoots, I really didn't know what that button was for. I only tried it yesterday when a guy said I was going to go up a tower and shoot people. I posted my complaint in the General Discussion section basically because I didn't know where else to put it. I looked at couple of other sections but they were closed for new threads so I put my comments in the General Section.

I do not know how this board gets adjudicated since I am a new member basically but I do not like being censored by people making giant leaps in interpreting the words that I say and assuming the worse. I understand the need for stopping people from making inflammatory, racist, and threatening comments. ITs wrong and can't be tolerated, but I haven't done any of that crap and won't ever do it. But it is wrong when people who do not like your politics or beliefs can screw with you and accuse you of crap in order to censure you, I hate it and fight back as best as I can.

Its going on right now in the United States and it should be stopped.

Some other things about CENSORSHIP:

Who is qualified to censure the speech of another human being? What gives a person the right to STOP someone from bringing forth their opinions on a subject anyway? Now then, I am not talking about some crazy person yelling FIRE in a crowded movie theater in order to create panic and potential injuries nor a person walking up to someone and getting into another person's private space and yelling profanities at him or her. Nope, I am talking about SPEECH where someone is conveying their ideas or beliefs to someone else whether their ideas or beliefs are popular, controversial, or asinine.

An amazing illustration of what I am talking about is the censure of Trump from Twitter and Facebook for what they call spreading falsehoods and lies as well as trying to create violence in the US. Put aside for a second that they are private companies exempt from being sued for what they did(which is a different discussion). But what qualifies some people within these companies to shut off a viewpoint of another person or group because they do not LIKE or AGREE with the opinion or belief stated? What gives them that right? Certainly no one amongst the Founders of this country would agree to that. Hell, those guys used their God Given beliefs and rights to write the Declaration of Independence for cripes sake. I'm sure that the British and many Tories back then would have loved to CENSOR that document

Then look at the speech that Trump gave on the day of the Swearing In ceremony. There was a call by him for his supporters to march to the Capital and VOICE their opposition to the swearing in of Joe Biden because of their BELIEF that the election was stolen. There was not part of that speech which advocated anyone breaking into the Capitol. Yet, as soon as the first Antifa or other anarchist member broke a window and entered the building, the calls again came for Trump's Impeachment. Once again, a group of speech CENSORS decided to INTERPRET the actual words that were said and change their meaning into something that was never mentioned at all. The calls for IMPEACHMENT were immediate and the foundation of those ridiculous charges were based on basically censorship and punishment for the imagined meaning of WORDS.

So, we get to another example of CENSORSHIP. This time it is local and is the stuff that goes on on this board. Somehow, my WORDS used in arguing about whether a person should be considered BLACK or not get INTERPRETED by one or a group of moderators into an offense requiring punishment. And they basically played the now too frequently applied RACE CARD for an excuse to do it. Somehow, saying that an American Indian wore a head band and feathers was STEREOTYPING someone and was insulting and racist. That was bull crap on the face of it. I insulted no ethnicity in what I said. Yet someone on a message board decided to get rid of me for while and that had no basis other than dislike for my position(s) expressed on this board.

I say this also. If you are going to have a political forum, then have one that allows for arguments from both sides and let it happen without word smithing the supposed meaning of words. First of all, none of us are smart enough to know what someone has in his or her mind when they say a particular thing. All of us THINK we know but really we don't. And when the moderator has a personal bias against the views of the person that he is censoring like I believe what happened in my case as well as the cases of Twitter and Facebook et al with Trump and his supporters, then there is no equity or fairness n the decisions reached.

Again, thanks for listening.

Get the **** over it. You ain't no victim here. In fact, you're much closer to the maniac yelling "FIRE" in a crowded movie theater.

Some other things about CENSORSHIP:

Who is qualified to censure the speech of another human being? What gives a person the right to STOP someone from bringing forth their opinions on a subject anyway? Now then, I am not talking about some crazy person yelling FIRE in a crowded movie theater in order to create panic and potential injuries nor a person walking up to someone and getting into another person's private space and yelling profanities at him or her. Nope, I am talking about SPEECH where someone is conveying their ideas or beliefs to someone else whether their ideas or beliefs are popular, controversial, or asinine.

An amazing illustration of what I am talking about is the censure of Trump from Twitter and Facebook for what they call spreading falsehoods and lies as well as trying to create violence in the US. Put aside for a second that they are private companies exempt from being sued for what they did(which is a different discussion). But what qualifies some people within these companies to shut off a viewpoint of another person or group because they do not LIKE or AGREE with the opinion or belief stated? What gives them that right? Certainly no one amongst the Founders of this country would agree to that. Hell, those guys used their God Given beliefs and rights to write the Declaration of Independence for cripes sake. I'm sure that the British and many Tories back then would have loved to CENSOR that document

Then look at the speech that Trump gave on the day of the Swearing In ceremony. There was a call by him for his supporters to march to the Capital and VOICE their opposition to the swearing in of Joe Biden because of their BELIEF that the election was stolen. There was not part of that speech which advocated anyone breaking into the Capitol. Yet, as soon as the first Antifa or other anarchist member broke a window and entered the building, the calls again came for Trump's Impeachment. Once again, a group of speech CENSORS decided to INTERPRET the actual words that were said and change their meaning into something that was never mentioned at all. The calls for IMPEACHMENT were immediate and the foundation of those ridiculous charges were based on basically censorship and punishment for the imagined meaning of WORDS.

So, we get to another example of CENSORSHIP. This time it is local and is the stuff that goes on on this board. Somehow, my WORDS used in arguing about whether a person should be considered BLACK or not get INTERPRETED by one or a group of moderators into an offense requiring punishment. And they basically played the now too frequently applied RACE CARD for an excuse to do it. Somehow, saying that an American Indian wore a head band and feathers was STEREOTYPING someone and was insulting and racist. That was bull crap on the face of it. I insulted no ethnicity in what I said. Yet someone on a message board decided to get rid of me for while and that had no basis other than dislike for my position(s) expressed on this board.

I say this also. If you are going to have a political forum, then have one that allows for arguments from both sides and let it happen without word smithing the supposed meaning of words. First of all, none of us are smart enough to know what someone has in his or her mind when they say a particular thing. All of us THINK we know but really we don't. And when the moderator has a personal bias against the views of the person that he is censoring like I believe what happened in my case as well as the cases of Twitter and Facebook et al with Trump and his supporters, then there is no equity or fairness n the decisions reached.

Again, thanks for listening.
    It's actually not what you said, nor is it how you said it. I could go on about how you misrepresented the entire situation, but that's not really for here. Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    It's actually not what you said, nor is it how you said it. I could go on about how you misrepresented the entire situation, but that's not really for here. Carry on
    Well, "Benny" why don't you put out the the original post that I responded to and what exactly I said, then? I'll stand by what I said. I made no disparaging remark whatsoever about an American Indian. I tried to clarify the ethnicity of Kamala Harris which is Indian( not the head band and feather wearing Indian) but from the country of India along with being partially Jamaican. It was YOU who decided to ban me by accusing me of insulting American Indians.

Sterling Yazzie(an American Navajo Indian) and I were infantrymen in Nam together. We called him CHIEF. He was a tough as nails soldier and a good guy. Chief was a boxer before he got drafted and nearly lost his life when they over-matched him with Indian Red Lopez and Lopez knocked him out and almost cost Chief his life. Chief, a black guy named Gus and I were tight in Nam. Amazing times together. And unconventional three Amigos. We drank together, chased poon tang together, and fought together. Gussy died in Birmingham, Alabama early this year. Shot and killed in a drive by. No killer found.

So, "Benny" spare me your stupid *** accusations about my being a racist. You don't know crap about what the hell you are saying so just just the hell up
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 01-26-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Well, "Benny" why don't you put out the the original post that I responded to and what exactly I said, then? I'll stand by what I said. I made no disparaging remark whatsoever about an American Indian. I tried to clarify the ethnicity of Kamala Harris which is Indian( not the head band and feather wearing Indian) but from the country of India along with being partially Jamaican. It was YOU who decided to ban me by accusing me of insulting American Indians.

Sterling Yazzie(an American Navajo Indian) and I were infantrymen in Nam together. We called him CHIEF. He was a tough as nails soldier and a good guy. Chief was a boxer before he got drafted and nearly lost his life when they over-matched him with Indian Red Lopez and Lopez knocked him out and almost cost Chief his life. Chief, a black guy named Gus and I were tight in Nam. Amazing times together. And unconventional three Amigos. We drank together, chased poon tang together, and fought together. Gussy died in Birmingham, Alabama early this year. Shot and killed in a drive by. No killer found.

So, "Benny" spare me your stupid *** accusations about my being a racist. You don't know crap about what the hell you are saying so just just the hell up
    So you were simply stating that she was an Indian and not a native american. How could you have said that without disparaging remarks towards native americans? Damn, i guess I just did.

It's nice that you have a native american friend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast