Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    No to Jimmy G and that contract.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    No to Jimmy G and that contract.
    I love this stuff.

The contract is only two more years. So if you did the deal and drafted a Davis Mills, he could sit the first year and then have a legit competition the next year. Worst case is best case, you have a very expensive backup for a year.
    He deal is also, no longer an injury guarantee
    What if SF ate some of the deal?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I love this stuff.

The contract is only two more years. So if you did the deal and drafted a Davis Mills, he could sit the first year and then have a legit competition the next year. Worst case is best case, you have a very expensive backup for a year.
    He deal is also, no longer an injury guarantee
    What if SF ate some of the deal?
    Jimmy G has only played 1 healthy year, so even if San Fran eats a portion of the remaining contract you can't say for certain Jimmy G will be on the field to help guide the rookie QB.

I'd rather stay away from Jimmy G.

Jimmy G has only played 1 healthy year, so even if San Fran eats a portion of the remaining contract you can't say for certain Jimmy G will be on the field to help guide the rookie QB.

Fair point.

Ignorance is bliss

Agreed, plus Jimmy G sucks with elite talent, what will he do with our below avg squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Agreed, plus Jimmy G sucks with elite talent, what will he do with our below avg squad?
    FACTs!

Only for s&gs fantasy trade options for me would be to get extra pick(s) while still scoring Fields...or Lance. Otherwise..not much other scenario interests me other then Watson trade.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Agreed. We are not far apart in our view. I.m the GM. I have 2-3 QBs to choose from at that pick and I have them all graded closely. Let's say, QB B is my first choice followed by C and then A. Everyone is going crazy over QB A. The world thinks he should be the pick. There are articles written about him playing for my team. My guy, QB B, has fallen in the eyes of the world.
    Writers have aligned with QB A. They are hitting the gas peddle on him. QB B is no where.

It makes the decision far more difficult. QB B is my guy but if I choose him and QB A is what they say? I am screwed.
    If I take QB A and he is a bust? I will look better in the public eye because everyone thought he was the pick.

When I look at the sports writers and the NBA all star voting, I see the same with the NFL Draft.
    I get that but only the FO has to be accountable for the pick, so they should always do what they think is right based on the work they get paid to do. They can't let the media perception be part of the process, because it ultimately has no bearing on anything win, lose or draw.

If the FO gets it right and the media gets it wrong, media will not acknowledge they were wrong nothing happens to them. If the FO gets it wrong and the media gets it right, FO gets fired, media applauds itself and kills the FO. If the both the FO and the media get it wrong, FO gets fired, nothing happens to the media and they still kill the FO.

Pass on Jimmy G, heís not good and heís hurt all the time anyway.. If Bill wants nothing to do with him that should tell you everything u need to know..

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I get that but only the FO has to be accountable for the pick, so they should always do what they think is right based on the work they get paid to do. They can't let the media perception be part of the process, because it ultimately has no bearing on anything win, lose or draw.

If the FO gets it right and the media gets it wrong, media will not acknowledge they were wrong nothing happens to them. If the FO gets it wrong and the media gets it right, FO gets fired, media applauds itself and kills the FO. If the both the FO and the media get it wrong, FO gets fired, nothing happens to the media and they still kill the FO.
    Jets fans in attendance: SAPP! SAPP! SAPP!
    Jets fans watching: SAPP! SAPP! SAPP!
    Media: Focuses camera in on Warren Sapp's hoping face, even flashing a smile in acknowledgement of the crowd amd the moment.
    Commissioner: Slowly approches the podium, grins slightly as he scans g:and announces the Jets select Kyle Brady.

Just like with Marino and O'Brien.
    Overthought themselves away from the obviously better player.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post

For sure but isn't looking good publicly by making a popular and supported pick, good for the franchise?
    They look smart and on top of it, especially if the majority of fans like,e the pick. They will argue for the player until he's toast and the narrative will be that it was a good pick but it didn't work out as opposed to, they could have had..., if the Jets made an unpopular pick and other players succeed picked after him.

Ignorance is bliss

Jets fans in attendance: SAPP! SAPP! SAPP!
    Jets fans watching: SAPP! SAPP! SAPP!
    Media: Focuses camera in on Warren Sapp's hoping face, even flashing a smile in acknowledgement of the crowd amd the moment.
    Commissioner: Slowly approches the podium, grins slightly as he scans g:and announces the Jets select Kyle Brady.

Just like with Marino and O'Brien.
    Overthought themselves away from the obviously better player.
    Ouch. The memories. of a life long jets fan

Ignorance is bliss

For sure but isn't looking good publicly by making a popular and supported pick, good for the franchise?
    They look smart and on top of it, especially if the majority of fans like,e the pick. They will argue for the player until he's toast and the narrative will be that it was a good pick but it didn't work out as opposed to, they could have had..., if the Jets made an unpopular pick and other players succeed picked after him.
    The only thing that is good for the franchise is making the right pick, whether fans/media agree initially or not.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718