Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This is an interesting article about Fields. It's also troubling to me because I tend to agree with the premise. (MrX mentioned the same in the past)

The chart for the rise of Wilson and Jones is insane to see. I am glad the Jets are there today. I hope he sways them.

https://www.theringer.com/2021/4/14/...atives-pro-day
    Article has definitely swayed me but like I said before, Jets are more than likely going to **** it up regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post
    Article has definitely swayed me but like I said before, Jets are more than likely going to **** it up regardless.
    Yep. Safe to assume whichever we take will suck and the other will be good-great.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Nothing validates the Wilson pick but good results, period.
    Nothing validates a Fields pick but good results, period.

We haven't picked yet and we already have buyer's remorse. LOL. We should have stuck with Darnold and traded the pick for 3 firsts +.

I'm not sure who we're picking or SF for that matter and it can all be a smoke screen, but it is exciting.

I'm also excited about the #23 pick. I was just thinking about trade down scenarios There are probably some teams excited about getting ahead of the Steelers for a center. KC and especially GB need one. Using just the point chart without measuring desperation or valuing next year picks, if KC wants to trade up from #31 to our #33, it should cost them #34, #94, #144 and #207 for a marginal premium. If GB wants to jump from #29 to #23, it would cost #29 and #92 for a slight premium. If we see a bunch of comparable players on the board at #23, it would be worth trading down. Of course, if a top 15 -18 talent drops to us, we'd probably have to take it. Very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    We haven't picked yet and we already have buyer's remorse. LOL. We should have stuck with Darnold and traded the pick for 3 firsts +.

I'm not sure who we're picking or SF for that matter and it can all be a smoke screen, but it is exciting.

I'm also excited about the #23 pick. I was just thinking about trade down scenarios There are probably some teams excited about getting ahead of the Steelers for a center. KC and especially GB need one. Using just the point chart without measuring desperation or valuing next year picks, if KC wants to trade up from #31 to our #33, it should cost them #34, #94, #144 and #207 for a marginal premium. If GB wants to jump from #29 to #23, it would cost #29 and #92 for a slight premium. If we see a bunch of comparable players on the board at #23, it would be worth trading down. Of course, if a top 15 -18 talent drops to us, we'd probably have to take it. Very exciting.
    I might be in the minority but I would like to see a trade up to the early teens if Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle are available. We still have plenty of picks to use on OL and defense the rest of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I might be in the minority but I would like to see a trade up to the early teens if Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle are available. We still have plenty of picks to use on OL and defense the rest of the draft.
    I totally agree
    I feel one of them may slip since last yearís draft had so many good WRs and this yearís overhyped QB class

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I think Wilson is going to be a mistake. I want to believe in him but I think he is going to get destroyed and go the route of Chad Pennington.
    The more I read, the more I think he will be exposed and that "terrific arm talent" will not be so terrific.

Again, I hope I am completely wrong and the kid is a star for the Jets for the next 10-15 years but with the draft a week away, that pick just looks wrong.

Ignorance is bliss

I think Wilson is going to be a mistake. I want to believe in him but I think he is going to get destroyed and go the route of Chad Pennington.
    The more I read, the more I think he will be exposed and that "terrific arm talent" will not be so terrific.

Again, I hope I am completely wrong and the kid is a star for the Jets for the next 10-15 years but with the draft a week away, that pick just looks wrong.
    Is there a different QB you think they should take at 2, or do you think they should take a different player at 2 or trade down?

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Is there a different QB you think they should take at 2, or do you think they should take a different player at 2 or trade down?
    Kink is a big fan of Lance
    Iím not a huge fan of Lance, but Iím more intrigued and would be more excited with Lance than Wilson
    I actually donít love any of the non-Lawrence QBs, but if I have to pick, itís Lance or Wilson

I have wanted to trade back this entire time. As Larry said, I would love Trey Lance. I would also, rather Fields over Wilson.

I think the hype train has driven Wilson up the board. I recognize all the positives people see. I just don't believe they will translate and I also think he is, as I said, going to get hammered.

I am also high on Davis Mills later in the draft even in the later first or second. He's jumping up the boards.

Ignorance is bliss

I have wanted to trade back this entire time. As Larry said, I would love Trey Lance. I would also, rather Fields over Wilson.

I think the hype train has driven Wilson up the board. I recognize all the positives people see. I just don't believe they will translate and I also think he is, as I said, going to get hammered.

I am also high on Davis Mills later in the draft even in the later first or second. He's jumping up the boards.
    Ok but it doesnít seem like any team is that interested in trading up to 2. Assuming that TL is gone at 1 and ATL is open to trading 4, that leaves the Jets SOL on trading down. It seems as though most teams feel similar ambivalence about the differences between Fields/Jones/Lance/Wilson. All have positives and negatives. Therefore, why trade more for 2 when you can trade less for 4, or even 6? I think the Jets are going to just have to hope they are right about the QB they take at 2.

Ok but it doesnít seem like any team is that interested in trading up to 2. Assuming that TL is gone at 1 and ATL is open to trading 4, that leaves the Jets SOL on trading down. It seems as though most teams feel similar ambivalence about the differences between Fields/Jones/Lance/Wilson. All have positives and negatives. Therefore, why trade more for 2 when you can trade less for 4, or even 6? I think the Jets are going to just have to hope they are right about the QB they take at 2.
    Absolutely.

I agree. I was talking my best case scenario. I know that isn't happening. At 2, they have to take wilson. The hype has forced that to happen. The bandwagon has run away and if you aren't on it, people think you are nuts.

Ignorance is bliss

This draft feels like the Darnold draft. Early on, everyone said Sam is the generational talent, no doubt #1 pick and everyone after him. Mayfield started climbing to where the thought was he was the Jets selection after character questioning for both Allen and Rosen.

Now we have Wilson flying up the board, previous 1A in Fields falling, and Lance/Jones flying up as well

But Wilson wasn't a turnover machine like Darnold was in college. And no one ever raved about Sam's arm strength pre-draft.

I pray that ZW is the right pick. I truly trust Joe D more than any other GM we've had in many years and I hope he makes the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    But Wilson wasn't a turnover machine like Darnold was in college. And no one ever raved about Sam's arm strength pre-draft.

I pray that ZW is the right pick. I truly trust Joe D more than any other GM we've had in many years and I hope he makes the right call.

What is rough is that the only way it's the right call is if Wilson is a star. If Wilson busts, they will say Joe didn't do his homework. If he doesn't take wilson, he will be shredded for not taking him until the league sees if he's good or not.
    If he's ok and Lance or Fields is better, he will get ripped for not taking them.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast