Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If Watson is released, the Jets should absolutely sign him. Send him on a year long sabbatical wear he gives talks, undergoes counseling and rebuilds his image to the point he can get on the field.
    Trade the second pick for a haul and plug in a QB for the year.

But wow. I hadn't thought of this conspiracy. Watson made this all happen to get out of Texas! Tarnish his rep, knowing he can repair it. Force the Texans to move him.
    Lol, not sure about the conspiracy. In todayís world, itís pretty damaging...unfortunately heíll be crucified either way; guilty, not guilty, or stating it was all a ruse to be able to join his favorite team the NY Jets

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Lol, not sure about the conspiracy. In todayís world, itís pretty damaging...unfortunately heíll be crucified either way; guilty, not guilty, or stating it was all a ruse to be able to join his favorite team the NY Jets
    This is where players lose me a bit, in the sense of why not embrace it?

Tiger Woods cheated and was made to look horrible. I never understood why he didn't flip off the endorsements that left him and worked with Trojan, Jack Daniels, Corvette... Rebrand according to who you actually are. I think that could be extremely marketable and lucrative.
    I for one didn't care one bit Tiger was a hoochie chaser.

I am sure Watson could repair his rep in the sense that he seeks coupling, makes speeches... but have fun with the carrier aspect. Start with Jergins lotion, he clearly likes soft hands and it's functional

Ignorance is bliss

This is where players lose me a bit, in the sense of why not embrace it?

Tiger Woods cheated and was made to look horrible. I never understood why he didn't flip off the endorsements that left him and worked with Trojan, Jack Daniels, Corvette... Rebrand according to who you actually are. I think that could be extremely marketable and lucrative.
    I for one didn't care one bit Tiger was a hoochie chaser.

I am sure Watson could repair his rep in the sense that he seeks coupling, makes speeches... but have fun with the carrier aspect. Start with Jergins lotion, he clearly likes soft hands and it's functional
    Lol what is the Corvette reference supposed to mean?

Lol what is the Corvette reference supposed to mean?
    If there is a more phallic representation of a car and the suggested lifestyle of the man who drives it, I don't know what it is.

Picture, Tiger in a black suit with a red shirt getting into his shiny white Vette, he pulls up to club, two hotties get into the car and one girl stands on the curb, sad. Tiger says, "there's room for one more". She smiles, gets into the back and Tiger drives off into the night.

Ignorance is bliss

Charlie Casserly gave the results of his annual survey of QB prospects on the NFL Network last night. 23 GMs agreed to respond and unanimously rated Trevor Lawrence as the top QB. it was the first time that there was ever a unanimous decision. Also interesting was the fact that all 23 rated Zach Wilson 2nd and all 23 rated Trey Lance 4th. Justin Fields was third on 19 surveys and Mac Jones was third on 4 of them.

I guess it validates the Wilson pick in the eyes of the majority of GMs. If / when we pick him, let's hope they are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Charlie Casserly gave the results of his annual survey of QB prospects on the NFL Network last night. 23 GMs agreed to respond and unanimously rated Trevor Lawrence as the top QB. it was the first time that there was ever a unanimous decision. Also interesting was the fact that all 23 rated Zach Wilson 2nd and all 23 rated Trey Lance 4th. Justin Fields was third on 19 surveys and Mac Jones was third on 4 of them.

I guess it validates the Wilson pick in the eyes of the majority of GMs. If / when we pick him, let's hope they are correct.
    Nothing validates the Wilson pick but good results, period.

Jets bringing in vet QB Brian Hoyer for a look.

Jets also just signed G/C Corey Levin

Gang Green signed journeyman guard/center Corey Levin, according to The Athleticís Connor Hughes. Levin, a 2017 sixth-round pick by the Titans, hasnít played a regular-season game since 2018 when he started one game and played 140 snaps that year. After the Titans released him in 2019, Levin bounced around on the practice squads of the Broncos, Bears and Patriots.

New England released Levin two days after signing him this past season.

Levinís lone start in 2018 was at left guard for the Titans in a Week 7 loss, but he also played 14 snaps at center the week before. Douglas likely signed Levin as a depth piece behind his starting guards and center. The Jets already added backup guard/center Dan Feeney this offseason to join Alex Lewis, Greg Van Roten and center Connor McGovern.

If there is a more phallic representation of a car and the suggested lifestyle of the man who drives it, I don't know what it is.

Picture, Tiger in a black suit with a red shirt getting into his shiny white Vette, he pulls up to club, two hotties get into the car and one girl stands on the curb, sad. Tiger says, "there's room for one more". She smiles, gets into the back and Tiger drives off into the night.
    Dohhh...does your opinion change of me?
    https://ibb.co/kGSGnyX

Dohhh...does your opinion change of me?
    https://ibb.co/kGSGnyX
    Word!

Ignorance is bliss

Word!
    650 supercharged horsephallic power lol
    Itís funny your reply called out both white and Corvette specifically
    Last edited by Larry M; 04-09-2021 at 11:35 AM.

650 supercharged horsephallic power lol
    Itís funny your reply called out both white and Corvette specifically
    There were certainly reasons for the choice. One for contrast and one to suggest.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Nothing validates the Wilson pick but good results, period.
    Nothing Validates ANY pick but good results, period.

This is an interesting article about Fields. It's also troubling to me because I tend to agree with the premise. (MrX mentioned the same in the past)

The chart for the rise of Wilson and Jones is insane to see. I am glad the Jets are there today. I hope he sways them.

https://www.theringer.com/2021/4/14/...atives-pro-day

Ignorance is bliss

This is an interesting article about Fields. It's also troubling to me because I tend to agree with the premise. (MrX mentioned the same in the past)

The chart for the rise of Wilson and Jones is insane to see. I am glad the Jets are there today. I hope he sways them.

https://www.theringer.com/2021/4/14/...atives-pro-day
    Excellent read.

Wow.....Fields makes more secondary reads than any of the other top QBs, and has thrown to his non-primary receiver more than any other top QB as well.

Guess the Jets will have to simplify the offense for Wilson, since he can't process on Fields level.
    Last edited by MrX27; 04-14-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast