Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by m_witter2003 View Post
    Looking at that list, I think Russell is untouchable due to making KAT happy (especially this year) but anyone else on the rest of the list could be traded. Even Edwards or Beasley if the package was good enough. I agree Coach Saunders needs to go.
    I wouldn't trade Malik. In my opinion he is a very underrated guard that as he is given minutes will continue to adapt. In all honesty I feel like he was one of our better acquisitions.

We simply CANNOT play both Edwards and Rubio together this is a stupid *** rotation...

I'd like to try a lineup of

1. Russell
    2. Edwards
    3. Culver
    4. Davis
    5. Towns

Then bring Beasley off the bench for firepower along with Rubio. I think this would balance our lineups a bit more.

Our coaching just flat out sucks for rotations and he seems content for us to run at a million miles an hour rather then focusing on defensive fundamentals. It was almost hard to watch how polished the spurs were even with lesser talent then us.

you guys are high if you think Russell is a decent defender

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    I wouldn't trade Malik. In my opinion he is a very underrated guard that as he is given minutes will continue to adapt. In all honesty I feel like he was one of our better acquisitions.

We simply CANNOT play both Edwards and Rubio together this is a stupid *** rotation...

I'd like to try a lineup of

1. Russell
    2. Edwards
    3. Culver
    4. Davis
    5. Towns

Then bring Beasley off the bench for firepower along with Rubio. I think this would balance our lineups a bit more.

Our coaching just flat out sucks for rotations and he seems content for us to run at a million miles an hour rather then focusing on defensive fundamentals. It was almost hard to watch how polished the spurs were even with lesser talent then us.
    yeah, Malik is absolutely earning his contract to date. I would start Edwards at the 3 going forward to be honest. Rubio and D-Lo do not work together, and you nailed it, Rubio is just old. I watched him in Phx last year, and noticed his lateral quickness, which was always meh, is gone. Therefore his defensive disruptiveness is gone too, even though he is still smart.

He is a nice story, but he will not bring much value to this team, at all. That is clear.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

why would Ryan close a game with Juan/Rubio on the floor? Seriously

also, Edwards is running to the corner and turning into a statue. Before that develops into a habit, they need to start designing back screen and cuts for him away from the ball.

Look, I get we want to be a 3 point shooting juggernaut. But until we have the right players in place to do that, why does every player on this team have a green light to shoot anytime they want from 3? It forces long rebounds that lead to easy transition opportunities for the opponent. We also need to start being WAY more physical on defense when it comes to attacking screens. God dammit, blow up those screens.

I hate to say this again, but Rubio shouldn't be playing any real minutes at this point. He just isn't what he once was.

This team lacks so much mental toughness, it's crazy. It starts with Towns obviously, but we need more from D-Lo as well. Beasley is the only guy who plays with emotion all the time, and we need to infuse this team with accountability, and desire to actually do the dirty **** it takes to win games, not just shoot smooth, silky jumpers all night and hope we outscore the other team. We constantly have players who are either skilled, or will do the dirty work, but never a combination of both. Okogie is willing to do the grimy things, but a total liability offensively. Then the flip side is Towns, who is beyond skilled, but runs like a little girl against the Embiid's of the world. It's just so frustrating watching this team just turn out the same identity year, after year, after year.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 01-14-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    why would Ryan close a game with Juan/Rubio on the floor? Seriously

also, Edwards is running to the corner and turning into a statue. Before that develops into a habit, they need to start designing back screen and cuts for him away from the ball.

Look, I get we want to be a 3 point shooting juggernaut. But until we have the right players in place to do that, why does every player on this team have a green light to shoot anytime they want from 3? It forces long rebounds that lead to easy transition opportunities for the opponent. We also need to start being WAY more physical on defense when it comes to attacking screens. God dammit, blow up those screens.

I hate to say this again, but Rubio shouldn't be playing any real minutes at this point. He just isn't what he once was.

This team lacks so much mental toughness, it's crazy. It starts with Towns obviously, but we need more from D-Lo as well. Beasley is the only guy who plays with emotion all the time, and we need to infuse this team with accountability, and desire to actually do the dirty **** it takes to win games, not just shoot smooth, silky jumpers all night and hope we outscore the other team. We constantly have players who are either skilled, or will do the dirty work, but never a combination of both. Okogie is willing to do the grimy things, but a total liability offensively. Then the flip side is Towns, who is beyond skilled, but runs like a little girl against the Embiid's of the world. It's just so frustrating watching this team just turn out the same identity year, after year, after year.
    Agreed with everything you have said. Memphis was without Morant and JJJ and the last quarter we get destroyed. KAT and Russell combine 1-12.

Saunders does not have this team competing with energy. He needs to go now. That loss is unforgivable. Why he plays Rubio and Russell together when it clearly doesnít work. Why he doesnít use our size (Davis, Reid, Vanderbilt) when we are getting smashed in the paint is rookie level coaching for a junior high school coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kia Kaha View Post
    Agreed with everything you have said. Memphis was without Morant and JJJ and the last quarter we get destroyed. KAT and Russell combine 1-12.

Saunders does not have this team competing with energy. He needs to go now. That loss is unforgivable. Why he plays Rubio and Russell together when it clearly doesnít work. Why he doesnít use our size (Davis, Reid, Vanderbilt) when we are getting smashed in the paint is rookie level coaching for a junior high school coach.
    For sure. The best coaches are able to make in game adjustments, not just march out the same routine all night and hope for the best. And again, I just don't get the desire to be a 3 point launching team when we only have a few guys that should even be shooting 3's.

The identity of the Wolves has just been a joke for eternity. KG was able to change the culture due to he and Flip to a degree, but we are just such a passive franchise that doesn't set any expectations. I heard Towns barked in the locker room after the loss again, blah blah blah. Mental toughness is not something you can just turn on, it's established. And while the Thib's of the world are no longer needed in the NBA perhaps, we need a culture change big time. I am not sure that will happen with Glen Taylor here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234