Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 134
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I really hope the last few games is what we see from Edwards, from an attack standpoint. There isn't anyone that can stay in front of him, attack the fkin rim man
    The thing that sucks the most is this team shouldn't have even had the first pick in the draft last year. They should be further along but now we are just stuck cheering for another 18-year-old to show improvement instead of watching a team that can win some games. Not Ant's fault and I think he can be good and it's fun to watch at times but this team as a whole stinks to watch right now.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,269
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCowKG View Post
    The thing that sucks the most is this team shouldn't have even had the first pick in the draft last year. They should be further along but now we are just stuck cheering for another 18-year-old to show improvement instead of watching a team that can win some games. Not Ant's fault and I think he can be good and it's fun to watch at times but this team as a whole stinks to watch right now.
    I mean that has been our identity since KG left outside of a single year where Thibs sent off a lot of young talent for Butler. The Wolves can't do **** right, that is what we are under Taylor.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I mean that has been our identity since KG left outside of a single year where Thibs sent off a lot of young talent for Butler. The Wolves can't do **** right, that is what we are under Taylor.
    It's sad that being a ****** franchise as is, our luck basically multiplies the shittiness by a factor of 5.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,144
    I have not watched the last few games. Can not bring myself to do it. KAT will demand a trade at the end of the year and we will not have our first round pick + have Russell's negative contract to try get rid of. Ugh. This team.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I mean that has been our identity since KG left outside of a single year where Thibs sent off a lot of young talent for Butler. The Wolves can't do **** right, that is what we are under Taylor.
    I think the issue is we consistently think the team needs to be further along than it is. The last time we had the "best young talent" in the league with Flip as you note got turned into a single season with Butler then we were back to the drawing board after an 8th seed one time. We had Mchale and Khan and became afraid to take the long term approach after. Flip was building something, then Thibs blew it up for a run that you mention, it lasted a single year. We have a solid young core, Rosas traded our pick unless it is top 3. We keep trying to push this team before it is actually ready.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    42
    That was a good game to watch. You can see some roles starting to take shape which is nice, in a broken injury-plagued year it's tough for rotations to solidify. Beasley has been a stud this year and Edwards has been on a good stretch here. Also McDaniels looks like he has some really high defensive potential.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia Kaha View Post
    I have not watched the last few games. Can not bring myself to do it. KAT will demand a trade at the end of the year and we will not have our first round pick + have Russell's negative contract to try get rid of. Ugh. This team.
    I am not going to comment on KAT, but Russell has been playing poorly to start the season and is still one of the few plus players on our team according to all of the advanced metrics(except cumulative plus/minus that we should agree is much more on the coach). But we wouldn't be MN fans if we didn't overrate effort players(myself included) and underrated actual good players(Kirk Cousins anyone?).


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,521
    What's the saying? 'Things are never as good as they seem and things are never as bad as they seem'.

    I actually think if we added a Tucker-type player without losing too much (i.e. Layman/Davis/etc.), we'd be a playoff-calibre team (too late to make it this year), all thing's going well.

    Eventually, we're going to need a second piece. Towns as a 1/1A, Russell as 3, Beasley as 4 is okay. But we need that 2.

    We have a LOT of players who could/should fall in that 9-13th man category. The problem is, one of them starts for us at PF and the others are our first off the bench.

    Reid, Juancho, Vanderbilt, McDaniels, Davis, McLaughlin, Layman & Culver are all or should all be okay backups.

    Towns-Tucker-*Second Star*-Edwards-Russell, with Beasley/Reid/McLaughlin as first guys off the bench is a good team.

    Obviously getting that Second Star isn't easy. The nucleus of the team though isn't as bad as it currently looks, at least IMO.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,672
    This is 100% system/coaching issue. FFS, the Nets, who have 3 bonafide superstar players on the team run more secondary action in a quarter than we do in the whole game. I literally watch some of the Nets-Clips game last night, watched them set up off ball screens for Harden and Kyrie to get uncontested jumpers from a curl. Why in the FN world can't we do that, especially considering we are nowhere near the same level and our players need all and every advantage we can get? Once again, I love Flip, but Ryan is a ****** coach.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    This is 100% system/coaching issue. FFS, the Nets, who have 3 bonafide superstar players on the team run more secondary action in a quarter than we do in the whole game. I literally watch some of the Nets-Clips game last night, watched them set up off ball screens for Harden and Kyrie to get uncontested jumpers from a curl. Why in the FN world can't we do that, especially considering we are nowhere near the same level and our players need all and every advantage we can get? Once again, I love Flip, but Ryan is a ****** coach.
    Yep. Not only do we go waaaay too much iso, we don't even do it with the right player. And why insert Rubio late to be a spot up shooter? Wtf is Saunders doing?

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Yep. Not only do we go waaaay too much iso, we don't even do it with the right player. And why insert Rubio late to be a spot up shooter? Wtf is Saunders doing?
    Yeah, this last game our best player(let's not kid ourselves, it's clearly Beasley right now) got no touches in the last 6 5-6 minutes and our best ISO player either(Edwards).


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,890
    I seriously put everyone on the trade block. Trade everyone accept edwards and make him the starting 2 and let him be free. Trade Kat/Russell/Beasley/filler for 10 first round draft picks over the next 4 years and run it back again. Get a coach, get a good GM, and tank for the next three seasons with 3 first round picks a year.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I seriously put everyone on the trade block. Trade everyone accept edwards and make him the starting 2 and let him be free. Trade Kat/Russell/Beasley/filler for 10 first round draft picks over the next 4 years and run it back again. Get a coach, get a good GM, and tank for the next three seasons with 3 first round picks a year.
    Thats a bit dramatic. How about we first simply fix the coaching issue. Saunders runs some really bad combos. Then trade for a defensive big. I think we have seen what 3 games with towns? When your missing your best player it hurts. Our gm is fine. We just need to give it more time. Beasley is a steal and our backcourt is decent. Reid has seen huge strides so has nowell. Give edwards some time and just pick up a defensive big and we would be fine. This roster has talent we just need to not get killed by every big. Horford and others have eaten us alive.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Thats a bit dramatic. How about we first simply fix the coaching issue. Saunders runs some really bad combos. Then trade for a defensive big. I think we have seen what 3 games with towns? When your missing your best player it hurts. Our gm is fine. We just need to give it more time. Beasley is a steal and our backcourt is decent. Reid has seen huge strides so has nowell. Give edwards some time and just pick up a defensive big and we would be fine. This roster has talent we just need to not get killed by every big. Horford and others have eaten us alive.
    Dream scenario for me:

    Start Edwards and McDaniels going forward. If we keep our pick take Suggs and trade Dlo. Fire Saunders and hire Becky Hammon, who comes from the best team in the sport for developing players. Forget keeping at least one of Okogie/Culver and move them for size. Sign literally nothing but shooters or defenders, in FA.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Dream scenario for me:

    Start Edwards and McDaniels going forward. If we keep our pick take Suggs and trade Dlo. Fire Saunders and hire Becky Hammon, who comes from the best team in the sport for developing players. Forget keeping at least one of Okogie/Culver and move them for size. Sign literally nothing but shooters or defenders, in FA.
    Once again, D'lo isn't the problem. He was able to have huge nights for his last two teams because they actually ran plays. Not having KAT and Saunders being a flipping place holder is the problem. I hate eating Crow, but Okogie is a bum. I think Culver is redeemable, but Okogie is basically an 11th guy off the bench when everyone else is in foul trouble and you need some D. I think we lucked out in this draft. I know Edwards is not putting up Melo/Haliburton numbers because of our situation, but the guy looks very, very promising. Honestly, if I could pin this season on three people it would be KAT, Saunders and Rubio in that order. I hate all the D'lo complaints when Rubio has been ridiculously awful(once again due to Saunders).


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •