Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Timberwolves Dec/Jan game thread

Started off the season with a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So first game thoughts. A win is a win but man did we look rusty at times. Our decision making overall was pretty poor. Way too many forced 3 pointers and a massive overall lack of ball movement. Defensively they looked great at times but other times couldn't stop a thing. Pumlee looked like Shaq against us as our rim protection is terrible. Towns said he committed to not jumping as much on defense but he was back to the same damn actions as before. Rubio was rubio missing layups.... Layman just flat out sucked.

Edwards is showing superstar potential in his first game! Great defense locking players down and his offense is coming along. He needs to get better at moving off the ball and picking his attack spots. But very very impressive defensively

Our shooting is great but our player movement is big time lacking. Way too much standing around. If we can get moving on offense we are more than deadly. Culver is showing to be promising and efficient player. His offense is still lacking but he and Okogie are great on defense.

This team has some potential but we NEED a defensive dirty work big like we had in years past. Something like tristan Thompson, gibson ect would all work. Reed is a great bit with a ton of hustle and is towns light but he only flashes occasionally on defense.

Yeah we all were wondering if they did enough to address PF. Layman and Juanchos stat line is enough to answer that.....Overall I liked the effort on defense in after the first quarter, lot of deflections and some better closeouts. We just had to contain an aging d rose and Blake Griffin so not the toughest task but wins might be tough for the first month here, so good to start with one.

If I judge from European bball and soccer all teams are going to be rusty and will need time to gel.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCowKG View Post
    Yeah we all were wondering if they did enough to address PF. Layman and Juanchos stat line is enough to answer that.....Overall I liked the effort on defense in after the first quarter, lot of deflections and some better closeouts. We just had to contain an aging d rose and Blake Griffin so not the toughest task but wins might be tough for the first month here, so good to start with one.
    Honestly I don't know why we resigned jaunchos he really didn't do anything last year. This first game he was absolutely garbage. Id start Culver at pf personally.

I loved the Ricky and Russell lineup but man beasly can get hot in a hurry as well.

Id go
    Ricky
    Russell
    Okogie
    Culver
    Towns

Beasly off the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Honestly I don't know why we resigned jaunchos he really didn't do anything last year. This first game he was absolutely garbage. Id start Culver at pf personally.

I loved the Ricky and Russell lineup but man beasly can get hot in a hurry as well.

Id go
    Ricky
    Russell
    Okogie
    Culver
    Towns

Beasly off the bench
    1) I don't think Ricky is starting alongside Russell unless something goes horribly wrong
    2) I think that Edwards is going to crack the starting rotation sooner or later
    3) I think Beasley is a starter as long as he is on this roster

Juancho was pretty solid last season on the offensive end. I would not judge him for at least a few more games. The guy was cleared the 2nd preseason game and he wasn't there in the minicamp. I'd give him a bit of time.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    1) I don't think Ricky is starting alongside Russell unless something goes horribly wrong
    2) I think that Edwards is going to crack the starting rotation sooner or later
    3) I think Beasley is a starter as long as he is on this roster

Juancho was pretty solid last season on the offensive end. I would not judge him for at least a few more games. The guy was cleared the 2nd preseason game and he wasn't there in the minicamp. I'd give him a bit of time.
    Even watching him last year I was less then impressed. To me naz is way better.

I was never that high on Juancho either and agree that PF is the clear area of need. I think we mostly knew this coming into the season though too.

It will be nice if Culver truly is improving and can keep it up, he does look more comfortable out there. Edwards tries hard and has some talent, gonna need some time to evaluate him but not a bad start.

I think we might be in the market for a pf once teams assess where they are at and market opens up (would wanna grab a filler on the cheap probably unless someone real good became available).

2-0, not a bad start to the season at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good effort. I honestly watched this game start to finish. Some clutch D in the 4th. Culver with another solid game. Edwards with some important minutes/points as well.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 12-27-2020 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Forgot about Culver

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

I honestly can't remember having 4 good scorers like we do now, at the same time.
    And Beasley continues to score just as he should. Taking the chances when they come to him.
    Okogie and Brewer are becoming important tools for the team through their D. And they and Edwards have the luxury of developing with less pressure than having to be protagonists.
    Layman kind of reminds me of Madsen. I don't know. Him and Hernagomez are likely candidates for a trade hopefully for a PF.
    Last edited by silverson; 12-27-2020 at 07:10 AM.

We have such a nice rotation of wings right now if Culver and Edwards continue to play well. Canít remember the last time we had good wing play

I mean I would prefer to have two way players instead of either good offensive or good defensive, but ok

I get the fact that we want to shoot 3s versus long 2s, but does that mean we just give every player on the roster a green light from any distance, with any amount of time left on the clock? In particular, Edwards doesn't need to size up a guy, take his time, then jack a 3 if there is an open lane to the rim.

My problem with Morey-money ball has always been-when you aren't hitting, you have literally no chance to win because you have habitually formed your team into a team that keeps shooting regardless of performance. No adjustments, just keep gunning...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    We have such a nice rotation of wings right now if Culver and Edwards continue to play well. Canít remember the last time we had good wing play
    I do agree we actually have 4-5 wings that deserve NBA minutes. But we still don't have anything remotely close to an elite wing.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast