Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If they parted with Wiseman then that wouldn't work in Atlanta especially if you have Okongwu and Capela already there
    Weismann would be coming off the Bench. And as much a fan of his talent that I am, he should definitely be coming off the bench right now.

If they parted with Wiseman then that wouldn't work in Atlanta especially if you have Okongwu and Capela already there
    If we could get Wiseman via Collins trade, I'm all in. The guy looks solid already and he just started. The sooner the better bc I have a feeling he's gonna shine his rookie year then become untradeable bc the Warriors would want to keep him. Again, we would have to do it quick and I can see a 1st rd come back as well, if soon enough. As far as being clogged up with big men, jeez, I'll trade Capela soon after he proves himself to gain decent value for him. This would be a dream for me and boy, if Okongwu pans out, can you imagine:

Reddish (@2)
    Hunter
    Okongwu
    Wiseman
    Young

Going back young again with Gallo, Bogdan, Huerter, Knight (love this guy!), Fernando, Dunn and Rondo all off bench. I would love this!

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Weismann would be coming off the Bench. And as much a fan of his talent that I am, he should definitely be coming off the bench right now.

He's blending in well already with the Warriors. May create a little setback for our playoff run but be more than worth it. I just don't wanna hold Okongwu back...

You know, I just remembered, Wiseman can't be traded til after this season. Nevermind!

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    You know, I just remembered, Wiseman can't be traded til after this season. Nevermind!
    Didnít the new CBA allow then to be traded in their rookie season?

3-0

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    3-0
    Our offense is incredible and I see even more improvements as this season progresses. Still concern for the D. Maybe bc only 3gms in, I don't know. To allow 120 pts to a meh Pistons. I'm hoping we can do better but allowing 112/gm so far is ok but I expect better. Darn it, Dunn is out and having surgery!!! Come on Okongwu, I'm waiting by the window, where are you???

If CBA has changed the rules, then awesome! I didn't see it and hopefully I missed it and true. I wouldn't hesitate of Collins for Wiseman and a 1st. Again, it may cause a setup to what we have done but as soon as Gallo gets back, jeez, who wouldn't????!!!!

3-0 start...Atlanta may just be a playoff team yet

Okay guys we have our first real test of the season vs the Nets tonight. While a win would be exciting, in looking more for effort and how we react to the Nets runs. I want to see us look as though we are unfazed by their two headed monsters and look as though we belong in a series with them!

On an player vs player level...., I want to see Trae give as good as he gets from Irving tonight. He doesnít have to our score him ( although heís capable), but I do think ha needs to out pass him and be more efficient. Cam and Hunter will both get the spoon fulls if KD tonight. Cam has stated several times KD is one of the players he modeled his game after ( I donít see it, I see T-Mac, Joe Johnson, and Paul George), itís important that he doesnít give to much respect and remains aggressive. Cam should also take a look over at LaVert and understand we need him to be a more efficient version of LaVert this year.

Hunter also needs to remain aggressive, especially defensively. Iíve talked before that he could be a Shane Battier/ Dennise Rodman without the antics type defender. No better time to show it than with an elite offensive player that doesnít like physical basketball in KD. That being said he has to be smart with it. You will have Capela behind you. At that point be very aggressive, challenge the jump shot, make him have to get by you. When Capela is out, play with more modest aggression. Iíd also like to see Hunter really bust it down court and move a lot on the offensive end. Make KD have to defend.

Yep, first big test of the year. If our guys can keep doing what they've been doing while Trae stays accurate with his 3s we got this. Yes, both Cam n Hunter will have their hands full tonight. Haven't seen Durant played yet so not sure if he's back to normal self physically, either way we need to stay aggressive with him. Just play well, win or lose. That's all we need to do right now. The season is still a newborn. Let's keep developing...

Well..... We played well, but we loss. I think overall the Nets had their hands full with our young Hawks. I think Reddish was aggressive and Hunter a slight tick below aggressive. I think Hunter made a very big shot down the stretch.

While I thought Young and Collins played well tonight, I thought Trae made some BIG BAD plays down the stretch. Two horrible shots if my memory serves me correctly. But hindsight is 20/20, if they go in most wouldnít call them bad shots. Bogs took a very bad shot as well.

All an all... proud that we showed up. We gone give teams problems!

We had the Nets to the end. It was a good game. Durant n Irving are quite a duo. I thought Irving was gonna be another wasted talent when he was in Boston but so far this year he looks his old self when he was with the Cavs. They're def the team to beat in the east. Back to us, thought we did very well. If Trae (3s) or Hunter been more accurate with shooting it would be our game.

I know this is a game thread but want to use this game as example. We allowed 145pts. Yes, again, Durant n Irving will score that team points. While the NBA has been less about D and more on scoring to win titles, the Hawks D is continuing bro sucks. No, I know it was better before the Nets game but to be contenders, being Collins prob more likely won't be back next season, even if he did, how much are we gonna keep reminding ourselves we won't win big with better improvements on D? While we made a lot of additions this past off-season, hate to say we need to still finish the unfinished to be right there with the big teams, or we will just be early exit playoff team for years to come??? Where am I going? I might get blasted for this, I don't know. Make a move, again. Hurry while Collins' value is up. Not sure if it would require a 3rd team or if the Nuggets and send another piece back. Trade Collins n Capela for Jovic and another player (backup of). Why I had this thought?

Reddish
    Gallo
    Hunter
    Jovic
    Young

Yes, I know, you prob asking can we rely Cam playing 2? He's athletic enough to make it his primary position, even tho may not be the best passer. Look at this squad, def see better D and bigger guys, while lil Trae can still be lil Trae. Jovic, in my opinion, would fit very nicely here. While maybe not much more athletic than Capela, got a better D and better shooter, replacing Collins' 3s. Gotta go but will be back here soon as I want to say more. Love to hear your thoughts. As far as being bashed for this, HAPPY NEW YEAR! and hopefully that will help you be a little nice to me 🙂

Even other panelists on other shows are sayin this Atlanta team is good...that y'all are comin up in the East and I have to agree...y'all are comin!!!

Even other panelists on other shows are sayin this Atlanta team is good...that y'all are comin up in the East and I have to agree...y'all are comin!!!
    Just curious, when you said "y'all", it makes it sound like you're a fan of another team. Are you? No biggie but I was thinking you were a Hawks fan based on your communication here in the past. If you're not, much respect for you coming in here and chat. The Hawks are growing tremendously on Atlanta l, we just don't have the fan based in forums like most other teams do...

Big win for our Hawks!

I truly believe although we blew the last game vs Bk, it gave us the confidence to win this game!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast