Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Is Trump right to not sign the latest Covid relief bill?

I got this news from an independent source that I trust with no collaborating sources, so I am sticking my neck out here.

After months of politicking bickering, the two houses of Congress agree on a stimulus bill. They received the 500-page bill this morning with the expectation of voting yes on the bill by noon and then Trump's signature applies to it by evening.

Trump refused to sign the bill because

1. No one can be expected to read all of that let alone fully understand the ramification of signing that bill in such a short time.

2. Billions of dollars going to foreign governments, who most will buy weapons with the money.

3. Billions of dollars going to donors, special interest and art galleries, and such

4.The $600 dollars to the American people is an insult and it should be $2,000.

The guy is agreeing with AOC and some of the progressive, and Tulsi Gabbard while slapping down Mitch and Pelosi's leadership on this bill.

Considering all the pain that the public is going through, plus the moratorium on eviction and student loan payment is up the day after Christmas, is he doing the right thing at the wrong time?

More news sources are saying the same thing.
    Last edited by WES445; 12-23-2020 at 03:17 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

in my opinion, it might be the right thing but, I don't think he sees it like that, I think him not signing it will be part of his temper tantrum. "you guys didn't vote me back in so you aren't getting help"

I think its just posturing because he believes taking a stance against what is turning out to be a very unpopular stimulus bill will somehow help his cause in regards to getting election results overturned. It won't but he's grasping at straws at this point.

Is he right to do it? If he can Congress to amend the bill, yeah. There's a lot of wasteful spending in it, more tax breaks for the super rich, and not enough direct payments to American citizens. 600 dollars is a joke considering how many people are struggling.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-22-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Pelosi and McConnell both deserve a lot of **** for this bill. Pelosi for months was saying that they would only accept a stimulus of over 2 trillion dollars, now she's willing to concede many of the Democrats standing problems with the bill and take a much lower amount. McConnell is a piece of **** for essentially filibustering multiple attempts at a stimulus bill for months.

It was just a bunch of politics played by both sides.

Pelosi is saying that she will pass the same bill but with $2000 vs $600. So her support for the bill doesn’t change any other critique such as the time to read it.

One-off he few things I think Trump is doing right. This bill is a giant piece of **** for the American people and I put the full blame on McConnell because the dems have passed bill after bill in the house that were better but somehow this is the **** that gets approval.

Congress do ****ing better.

I agree his motives are questionable as well as this is a bad bill. One thing for sure, congress will really look back if they go home without a stimulus bill past. Two, it gives the progressives and Bernie some heat to apply pressure to get a better bill from the moderates and republicans. Support for their stance coming from an unexpected ally. Trump continues to be a loose cannon.

Stay tuned as this soap opera continues.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Pelosi is saying that she will pass the same bill but with $2000 vs $600. So her support for the bill doesn’t change any other critique such as the time to read it.
    she didn't criticize the $600 dollar part of the bill and gave her full support for the bill as is this past weekend.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    she didn't criticize the $600 dollar part of the bill and gave her full support for the bill as is this past weekend.
    The HEROES Act would have given $1200. Absent presidental action, she did what she could and got a deal with Mitch.

Call me cynical but I would bet this is to ensure Biden doesn’t get credit for the payouts to start his presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Its not surprising Congress would procrastinate until the moratorium for eviction and student loan payments was just about to end. Not to mention another deadline for unemployment expiration. All of these things before Congress is set to go into recess again so of course they are rushing to half *** something together before the holiday. Democrats and Republicans dont give a crap about American people. That's fairly obvious.

This is something that should have been passed 2 or 3 months ago. The HEROES act was sitting on the steps of the Senate in May. They had time to come to a bi-partisan deal but Mitch McConnell is a piece of **** and Pelosi was unwilling to compromise until Trump was elected out of office. Trump is right but for the wrong reasons. Hopefully Trump vetoes it. Its a joke of a bill.

Relief bill part 2

Tell me all about it (someone has to read and know what’s in it right?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The HEROES Act would have given $1200. Absent presidental action, she did what she could and got a deal with Mitch.

Call me cynical but I would bet this is to ensure Biden doesn’t get credit for the payouts to start his presidency.
    Sure but Biden has already promised another stimulus bill with direct payments to Americans when he becomes president. The economic impact of COVID will still be felt into 2021 and longer. He knows that and it will indeed call for further legislation to address it.

Its hard to defend Pelosi in this either. She was steadfast that she wouldn't move off of the 2+ trillion dollar price tag of other bills. Now she's okay with a bill that has billions of dollars in pork spending, foreign aid, and comes up short in terms of helping American people? Something she was trying to hammer home for months. Not saying the blood isn't on McConnell's hands because it is but there was a bi-partisan effort to not pass anything this entire time and then come up with this lousy compromise at the end? Pathetic. Its a shame though because people need the help now.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-22-2020 at 10:41 PM.

So we are going to worry about who will gets the credit? That sort of thinking led to Pelosi messing up a chance for the American people to get $1,200 instead of $600 when the Republicans agree to the former amount. Wouldn't pass the bill with the former amount because she didn't want Trump getting credit for it.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Sure but Biden has already promised another stimulus bill with direct payments to Americans when he becomes president. The economic impact of COVID will still be felt into 2021 and longer. He knows that and it will indeed call for further legislation to address it.

Its hard to defend Pelosi in this either. She was steadfast that she wouldn't move off of the 2+ trillion dollar price tag of other bills. Now she's okay with a bill that has billions of dollars in pork spending, foreign aid, and comes up short in terms of helping American people? Something she was trying to hammer home for months. Not saying the blood isn't on McConnell's hands because it is but there was a bi-partisan effort to not pass anything this entire time and then come up with this lousy compromise at the end? Pathetic. Its a shame though because people need the help now.
    That is what I call leadership. Pelosi is a partisan hack and it really came out on this bill. We vote them in to get/fight for the best deal for the American people. They also left out aid to local and state governments who are footing the bill for covid virus relief in their city and state. This is going to lead to higher taxes or service cuts in those areas in the future.

Will Rogers

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast