Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with this. The Miami Big 3 was like 9-9 after 18 games of Bron-Wade-Bosh learning to play with each other and then they crushed the league and won multiple titles. The Nets just need a month together and then they will be unleashed in the playoffs. I think they cruise through the East if they are healthy. Feel free to quote me on this. I'm pretty confident I'm right here. The talent is too much.
    No doubt the talent is off the charts. But itís a much different fit then Miamiís. In Miami, you had 3 unselfish guys. Team oriented, and also in the case of Lebron and Wade, two way players. Wade is among the best defensive guards of all time. Also didnít have a clash of egos. Kyrie and Harden is a bomb waiting to go off, and KD isnít the Alpha guy to check them. Could work out great, or be a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No doubt the talent is off the charts. But itís a much different fit then Miamiís. In Miami, you had 3 unselfish guys. Team oriented, and also in the case of Lebron and Wade, two way players. Wade is among the best defensive guards of all time. Also didnít have a clash of egos. Kyrie and Harden is a bomb waiting to go off, and KD isnít the Alpha guy to check them. Could work out great, or be a disaster
    Bosh played defense too even if he was a sissy.

Nets since the trade are the best offensive team in NBA history and the worst defensive team in NBA history per ORTG and DTRG. Way too volatile and they donít play defense.

Nets should be better next year when vets flock over there to ring chase like they did in Miami. They donít have anything close to guys like Battier and Ray Allen in terms of role players. Right now they have zero depth and defense and they might lose in the 2nd round this year.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Bosh played defense too even if he was a sissy.

Nets since the trade are the best offensive team in NBA history and the worst defensive team in NBA history per ORTG and DTRG. Way too volatile and they donít play defense.

Nets should be better next year when vets flock over there to ring chase like they did in Miami. They donít have anything close to guys like Battier and Ray Allen in terms of role players. Right now they have zero depth and defense and they might lose in the 2nd round this year.
    Yeah Bosh learned to play solid team D. I didnít include him with the others, as they were in another league defensively, individually or team-wise.

Iíd say prior to the Miami days, Bosh on D was probably a bit better than Kyrie and Harden are now
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-01-2021 at 12:06 PM.

First round playoffs Nets vs Knicks. Far from impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    First round playoffs Nets vs Knicks. Far from impossible.
    They would beat us and maybe even sweep us, I think high octane offenses are probably the toughest matchups for us right now because we can't score well enough to hang, even with our good defense our offense will fall short.

I don't think they match up well at all with Philly, Indiana, Milwaukee. They could probably beat Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    They would beat us and maybe even sweep us, I think high octane offenses are probably the toughest matchups for us right now because we can't score well enough to hang, even with our good defense our offense will fall short.

I don't think they match up well at all with Philly, Indiana, Milwaukee. They could probably beat Boston.
    No doubt the Nets have more talent and it is highly likely the Knicks would lose. Nonetheless, it could be fun!

Not much else to say except I disagree. Teams score 120 now. Having 3 guys that can drop an efficient 30 is a luxury. The defense will get better with time and in the playoffs when these guys give max effort.

"Disaster" isn't even an option to me. The worst case scenario (if healthy) is that they lose in the ECF to a team that plays hot.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Not much else to say except I disagree. Teams score 120 now. Having 3 guys that can drop an efficient 30 is a luxury. The defense will get better with time and in the playoffs when these guys give max effort.

"Disaster" isn't even an option to me. The worst case scenario (if healthy) is that they lose in the ECF to a team that plays hot.
    Or Harden and Kyrie donít play nice, and it throws off the whole team. Also, a lot of Hardens worth depends on him having the ball a lot of the time. That isnít going to maximize Kyries output, and takes the ball out of KDs hands, whoís the best of the 3. Thereís plenty that can go wrong

Or Harden and Kyrie donít play nice, and it throws off the whole team. Also, a lot of Hardens worth depends on him having the ball a lot of the time. That isnít going to maximize Kyries output, and takes the ball out of KDs hands, whoís the best of the 3. Thereís plenty that can go wrong
    In the 90s I think you would be right that having that many scorers would mess up chemistry but teams play so fast now and scoring is so high that they can all still "get theirs" in the modern game. I just have to respectfully disagree here. I don't want to see that team win however, I'm pretty confident they will be in the Finals.

Just make sure you aren't when I bump this at the end of the season! But I hope you are right and I am proven wrong!

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

In the 90s I think you would be right that having that many scorers would mess up chemistry but teams play so fast now and scoring is so high that they can all still "get theirs" in the modern game. I just have to respectfully disagree here. I don't want to see that team win however, I'm pretty confident they will be in the Finals.

Just make sure you aren't when I bump this at the end of the season! But I hope you are right and I am proven wrong!
    Iím not saying Iím right or youíre wrong lol. Just pointing out concerns with them. Egos, not enough ball, possibly not enough depth, and not enough defense. Could all work great though, too

I honestly donít know how I think it turns out. I just think they were actually in pretty good shops before the deal. Weíll see

I don't think the Nets will win it all, mainly just because of LAC and LAL, but I think they'll be fine. I don't see them losing before the ECF.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don't think the Nets will win it all, mainly just because of LAC and LAL, but I think they'll be fine. I don't see them losing before the ECF.
    What is they somehow land Andrea Drummond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

BK is clearly the favorite to make finals in the east. I wouldn't call them special yet though, but they certainly could be as the season goes on.

Kyrie hasn't played defense in about 4 years so that's something that will have to happen eventually, but not right now.

Around the NBA 2020-21 Edition: Scouting the Enemy from the MECCA

Mavs lose again lmao

If the season ended today, weíd have the 6th (Mavs) and 9th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Mavs lose again lmao

If the season ended today, weíd have the 6th (Mavs) and 9th pick.
    Stop the count!

Page 28 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast