Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 849
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He definitely benefits by playing next to Fox but I think he is a ball handler


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He can handle the ball in very short spurts, but at the end of the day, hes just a role-player.

    Thats why I said he wouldn't be drafted in the lottery and I was right. hes a solid player, but hes not a 1, 2 or 3 option against good teams. Hes just a solid role-player.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    71,235

    Around the NBA 2020-21 Edition: Scouting the Enemy from the MECCA

    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    He can handle the ball in very short spurts, but at the end of the day, hes just a role-player.

    Thats why I said he wouldn't be drafted in the lottery and I was right. hes a solid player, but hes not a 1, 2 or 3 option against good teams. Hes just a solid role-player.
    I thought this as well, but I do this he might have some star upside if he continues to improve his game so rapidly. Hes draining deep pull-up 3s with ease on an extremely high %. Hes a modern player to a tee with how seamlessly he can play on and off-ball. He likes taking the big shots late in games too. He can also guard at least 1-2s and some 3s due to his length, he just needs to get a little stronger.

    That being said, I do believe Obi has star potential in his own right. He just needs to play and stay healthy.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,885
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I thought this as well, but I do this he might have some star upside if he continues to improve his game so rapidly. Hes draining deep pull-up 3s with ease on an extremely high %. Hes a modern player to a tee with how seamlessly he can play on and off-ball. He likes taking the big shots late in games too. He can also guard at least 1-2s and some 3s due to his length, he just needs to get a little stronger.

    That being said, I do believe Obi has star potential in his own right. He just needs to play and stay healthy.
    What do you expect Obi to do at star levels?

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    71,235

    Around the NBA 2020-21 Edition: Scouting the Enemy from the MECCA

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    What do you expect Obi to do at star levels?
    Efficient 20+ PPG scoring and has great potential as a passer for a big. The shooting and ball-handling will continue to improve over time. Hes has very good all-around traits to go with explosive vertical athleticism. Hes not a finished product yet. Hes got time. Look at Wood at 25 and Randle at 26 breaking out in a big way.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,443
    Guys, the Knicks had an All-Star shooting forward with speed and passing but enough about Porzingis!

    Zing!!!

  6. #171
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    49,831
    Came to the NBA at 25, played one game for GS, now in his third year with Toronto, you just never know:


    Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer

    3h
    This season,

    Chris Boucher has tallied:
    * more made 3-pointers than Trae Young or Luka Doncic

    and

    * more blocks than Micthell Robinson or Anthony Davis

    and

    * has a higher 3-point percentage than Steph Curry or CJ McCollum

    (there are totally sustainable numbers, BTW)
    Show this thread
    Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer

    3h
    Over the Raptors last four games,
    Chris Boucher is averaging:
    20.8 points,
    8.5 rebounds,
    3.5 blocks and
    2.8 made 3-pointers
    while shooting:
    65% from the floor,
    58% from 3PT range
    80% from the FT line

    Keep in mind, he's posted those averages in less than 29 MPG off the bench

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    71,235
    Toronto simply knows how to develop players. Im surprised hes not starting yet. I didnt realize Trae was shooting so poorly this season. Hes been bailed out on those soft foul calls this season so far.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Toronto simply knows how to develop players. Im surprised hes not starting yet. I didnt realize Trae was shooting so poorly this season. Hes been bailed out on those soft foul calls this season so far.
    Yep, I wanted to offer Ujiri as much $ as he wanted to come to NY.

    I remember hyping him up and posters here really tried to talk down on just how great he is at his job. That dude just knows basketball.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12,537
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Yep, I wanted to offer Ujiri as much $ as he wanted to come to NY.

    I remember hyping him up and posters here really tried to talk down on just how great he is at his job. That dude just knows basketball.
    That was a Hot take

    They, not you. No doubt that dude is legit

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Guys, the Knicks had an All-Star shooting forward with speed and passing but enough about Porzingis!

    Zing!!!
    You think KP is a good passer?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    That was a Hot take

    They, not you. No doubt that dude is legit
    No doubt, others here liked him for sure, but many posters here really talked down just how great a job he has done in Toronto when I said we should just offer him whatever he wants.

    A lot of posters really made it seem like it wasn't that great what he did in Toronto, when really, the way that team was built was as complicated as any championship roster has ever been built.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You think KP is a good passer?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hes def not a good passer, but it makes absolutely no difference.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,443
    Toronto is still the 3rd worst team in the Eastern Conference. Is the 3 game winning streak indicative of their team clicking or just the fact on the schedule they're hitting tired teams.

    The Knicks tattooed the Celtics then uncharacteristically beat the Orlando Magic on back to back wins, which hasn't happened since 2017. ...does that mean the Knicks are turning the corner? Too soon to say.

    The defending Eastern Conference Champions, Miami Heat are (5-8)...no one is raving about them now.

    Over in the West, outside of the first three seeds, everyone else is either slightly above .500 or slightly below .500. Welcome to bizarro world NBA.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,027

    Around the NBA 2020-21 Edition: Scouting the Enemy from the MECCA

    Watching the 6ers. Maxey has an ugly jump shot. Live body but


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,027
    Joel on the other hand has a pretty stroke. Not just a good shooter for a big anymore


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •