Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Around the NBA 2020-21 Edition: Scouting the Enemy from the MECCA

Anyone can play basketball. Football and baseball require others to play. You need equipment and ice rink to play hockey. But basketball? All you need is a ball and a bucket. We all have hoop dreams.
    While Canada invented basketball but America innovated it, turned it into an art form and made it ours.

Dec 22nd: NBA needs cash. Please Tune in.

Golden State Warriors at the Brooklyn Nets: Between these two teams, more surgeries were performed than one Summer in Al-fallujah. We got names. We got a smudging. No defense.

GSW: 125 BKN 114

Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers: Winner gets a N95 mask. New Clippers coach Spud Webb/Ty Lue will implement Triangle plays for Kawhi Leonard. No comment.

Lakers: 108 Clippers: 98

Thoughts on tomorrow's games?

Y'all play Wednesday against the Pacers so y'all may wanna worry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Y'all play Wednesday against the Pacers so y'all may wanna worry about that
    I'm not worried about Weds...if the Knicks lose, they're one step closer to Cade Cunningham. If they win, the confidence of the team grows.

Yeah I'm pretty Knicks-centric. I like to see how ex-Knicks are doing. And I will be checking Mavs boxscores in hopes of their draft pick de-escalating. Can't help it.

I'm pretty stoked about the Mavs as well. I'm expecting them to be #4 seed in the West. Watching Tim Hardaway Jr and K-Porzingis used correctly brings me joy.

Also I think Knicks GM Scott Perry is a little weasel. Anytime that guy's plans backfire is a score for humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Anyone can play basketball. Football and baseball require others to play. You need equipment and ice rink to play hockey. But basketball? All you need is a ball and a bucket. We all have hoop dreams.
    While Canada invented basketball but America innovated it, turned it into an art form and made it ours.

Dec 22nd: NBA needs cash. Please Tune in.

Golden State Warriors at the Brooklyn Nets: Between these two teams, more surgeries were performed than one Summer in Al-fallujah. We got names. We got a smudging. No defense.

GSW: 125 BKN 114

Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers: Winner gets a N95 mask. New Clippers coach Spud Webb/Ty Lue will implement Triangle plays for Kawhi Leonard. No comment.

Lakers: 108 Clippers: 98

Thoughts on tomorrow's games?
    But as far as today's games, I say Nets and Lakers win

I mean, no one has had a better 2020 than Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. Two guys who fired their coach while collecting a cheque on the sidelines.

I'm shocked. Really shocked Steve Nash took this toxic job.

Steve Nash who refused signing with the Knicks (despite living in Manhattan during the offseason) who was then coached by Mike D'Antoni now signs with a team where their Chinese owner doesn't know one thing about basketball...but doesn't want his featured attractions upset, will fire anyone who makes them unhappy.

Mike D'Antoni comes back to NYC, a house of horrors for Magic Mike, to be Nash's assistant.

Let's take a look at the Atlantic:

1. Brooklyn: Kyrie & Durant
    2. Toronto: VanVleet, Lowry, & Siakam
    3. Celtics: Tatum, Brown, & Smart
    4: Philly: Simmons & Embiid

then there's the Knicks: Payton, Randle & Burnett

That's a very crowded war of a attrition.

I'm pretty stoked about the Mavs as well. I'm expecting them to be #4 seed in the West. Watching Tim Hardaway Jr and K-Porzingis used correctly brings me joy.

Also I think Knicks GM Scott Perry is a little weasel. Anytime that guy's plans backfire is a score for humanity.
    So you're rooting against the Knicks. Or maybe you're just being a smarty. Anyway, it's a free country either way -- more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    So you're rooting against the Knicks. Or maybe you're just being a smarty. Anyway, it's a free country either way -- more or less.
    Eh?

A few things:
    1. The Knicks are in the other Conference.
    2. The Knicks are NOWHERE near contention for at least 2 more seasons or drafting Cade Cunningham.
    3. Just because you're rooting for Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr, Luka Doncic doesn't mean you're against the Knicks.
    It means, you recognize the fact, the Knicks were 1 swap/trade up from having that team but the GM Scott Perry hates Euros and loyal to US ballers. Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant trashed the Knicks on their way to Brooklyn which told you the insight that Mills & Perry had.
    4. The Mavs' Draft picks will be a late first rounder is not anti-Knick, it's REALITY. The Mavs are a well coached, good Playoff team. Rooting for ANY player to be injured, is low character on that person.

The Knicks have a tradition of treating their players poorly.
    1. Ask Bernard King who was tossed for almost nothing.
    2. Patrick Ewing went to Seattle Supersonics?!?!
    3. Going back on their word to Jeremy Lin who won a NBA title with Toronto.
    4. Sending Melo to OKC.

Own it. Don't play it off that it's this one person's fault or that person's fault.

To answer your question ("eh?):

The worse Dallas is in the standings the the better their unprotected 2021 pick that the Knicks own. Simple not complicated. So personally I am invested in wanting the Mavs to do poorly. In the scheme of things it is not important and maybe even petty, but I say this as a Knicks fan.

And notwithstanding your hatred for Scott Perry, I would say wanting him to suffer and fail while he is our GM is wanting the Knicks to fail.

Anyway, it is a new regime, a new season, personally I am hoping for a great year where the younger core develops under a good coach and what seems to be a new outlook and structure. I get a lot of fans and media like to hang onto the negative, past grudges, Dolan-hate, whatever. Like I said earlier we are free to do that. But I also don't think it is bad to be a gung-ho Knicks fan wanting things to go their way, including the Mavs losing to improve our draft capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    To answer your question ("eh?):

The worse Dallas is in the standings the the better their unprotected 2021 pick that the Knicks own. Simple not complicated. So personally I am invested in wanting the Mavs to do poorly. In the scheme of things it is not important and maybe even petty, but I say this as a Knicks fan.

And notwithstanding your hatred for Scott Perry, I would say wanting him to suffer and fail while he is our GM is wanting the Knicks to fail.

Anyway, it is a new regime, a new season, personally I am hoping for a great year where the younger core develops under a good coach and what seems to be a new outlook and structure. I get a lot of fans and media like to hang onto the negative, past grudges, Dolan-hate, whatever. Like I said earlier we are free to do that. But I also don't think it is bad to be a gung-ho Knicks fan wanting things to go their way, including the Mavs losing to improve our draft capital.
    Well if that's the case by your definition, then all the people who criticized Phil Jackson (when he was here) are also not Knick fans.

Scott Perry has been a failure everywhere he's gone. Similar to David Fizdale, everyone talks "nicely" about him but only losing franchises have hired him. After drafting back to back small forwards in previous drafts then signing a bunch of UFA forwards but not addressing the point guard position (three seasons) Scott Perry is a reason why the Knicks played around too loosely giving up a draft pick after moving back to move back up. He's a penny stocks GM.

As for the Dallas pick, this is Perry's foolish underestimating Luka Doncic as a transcendental player. Forget Porzingis. Luka makes everyone around him, better. That is going to be Perry's undoing in this trade. That's not hating on someone. That's a fact. Just look at Luka's body of work in just two seasons.
    It's about as dumb as Memphis giving the Lakers Paul Gasol for picks and thinking the Lakers will never compete because they don't have Shaq anymore.

Well if that's the case by your definition, then all the people who criticized Phil Jackson (when he was here) are also not Knick fans.

Scott Perry has been a failure everywhere he's gone. Similar to David Fizdale, everyone talks "nicely" about him but only losing franchises have hired him. After drafting back to back small forwards in previous drafts then signing a bunch of UFA forwards but not addressing the point guard position (three seasons) Scott Perry is a reason why the Knicks played around too loosely giving up a draft pick after moving back to move back up. He's a penny stocks GM.

As for the Dallas pick, this is Perry's foolish underestimating Luka Doncic as a transcendental player. Forget Porzingis. Luka makes everyone around him, better. That is going to be Perry's undoing in this trade. That's not hating on someone. That's a fact. Just look at Luka's body of work in just two seasons.
    It's about as dumb as Memphis giving the Lakers Paul Gasol for picks and thinking the Lakers will never compete because they don't have Shaq anymore.
    I never said others were not Knicks fans -- I pointed out different approaches. You have yours I have mine. Another way we differ (as I guess I do with most around here) is I will see what the Mavs picks become and what Porzingis contributes before I judge the trade or term it a disaster as "a fact" -- I know how silly of me. I know Perry was condemned for using cap space wrought from that trade last year on players like Marcus Morris who was turned into Immanuel Quickley who is now everyone's darling. So yeah I say we'll see.

Anyway, looking forward to the season.

Brooklyn Nets have a 12 point lead on the Warriors. Golden State missing a player (Draymond Green) as collateral due to the CalExit taxes laid upon them by Gavin Newsom.

Kelly Oubre looking exactly as advertised: Overrated. Terrible 3-point shooter from the corner. No defense. Outside of Barclays, Andy Wiggins photo printed on milk cartons. Have you seen him?

Winner gets free hair cuts at Astor Cuts. Right now, the Nets look like Port Authority after Midnight.

Boogie tell about how awful it would be to have Kyrie and KD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Geez. I didn't think the Warriors would be this rusty. They look terrible. I mean, this feels like a Knicks game.

One wonders, if Steve Nash is in a similar situation that Kerr was in when the Warriors were on the cusp of their Championship run.

Now, can we give the position-less basketball flavor a rest?

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast