Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 98 of 149 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2234
    Jamal Murray with a torn ACL

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    A back up big with the 8th pick? Who does this? Um, no team. You draft a back up big with your second rounders.

IQ is fine as a late first rounder.
    But last year Randall was not the guy we all loved. Look at some of the trades we wanted to include Randall for

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    But last year Randall was not the guy we all loved. Look at some of the trades we wanted to include Randall for
    Agree. We didn't have a starting PG so the back up big argument falls flat, especially since an actual starting PG was there for the taking.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    A back up big with the 8th pick? Who does this? Um, no team. You draft a back up big with your second rounders.

IQ is fine as a late first rounder.
    I mean if obi becomes a 15 ppg guy off the bench that will extend Randles prime

Ntm it was the 8th pick bro you don't get a star outside the top 5

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I mean if obi becomes a 15 ppg guy off the bench that will extend Randles prime

Ntm it was the 8th pick bro you don't get a star outside the top 5
    The eight spot has not been good in the draft historically, especially in the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    The eight spot has not been good in the draft historically, especially in the last 20 years.
    Exactly I know we passed on hali but so did 1o other teams we are lucky we got obi at 8 hayes looks like a bust and deni looks trash too

So Toronto may have just put a fork in it, losing to Hawks tonight puts them 7 behind the Knicks, Knicks would have to have a colossal fall out to not make the play in.

more good news is Indy lost tonight so back one game up in the loss column and 2 games ahead of 9th place.

More good news is Charl lost so back in a tie presently for 7th and 8th waiting on Boston to hopefully lose making it a three way tie for 6-7-8

Atlanta is playing really well and so is Miami I'm thinking if we have a shot it's for 6th place and Boston seems to be the biggest threat.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    So Toronto may have just put a fork in it, losing to Hawks tonight puts them 7 behind the Knicks, Knicks would have to have a colossal fall out to not make the play in.

more good news is Indy lost tonight so back one game up in the loss column and 2 games ahead of 9th place.

More good news is Charl lost so back in a tie presently for 7th and 8th waiting on Boston to hopefully lose making it a three way tie for 6-7-8

Atlanta is playing really well and so is Miami I'm thinking if we have a shot it's for 6th place and Boston seems to be the biggest threat.
    6 would be great but if we get 7/8 I'll be somewhat happy because we have a good shot to win 1 out of 2. If we can't win 1 out of 2 against Boston/Indy/CHI we don't belong there.

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Agree. We didn't have a starting PG so the back up big argument falls flat, especially since an actual starting PG was there for the taking.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I like Hali, I do. But teams 9-11 passed on him also. He is more of a combo guard. Team was likely committed to getting Van Fleet or someone else and it did not work out. So this draft they will likely draft a point guard incase we miss out on a point guard in free agency or in a trade. I respect your opinion. I get your position. But I figure the team was thinking of the acquisition of talent over the past and upcoming two drafts as well. So perhaps they figured they could get a point in this draft as good as Haliburton if not better.

I like Hali, I do. But teams 9-11 passed on him also. He is more of a combo guard. Team was likely committed to getting Van Fleet or someone else and it did not work out. So this draft they will likely draft a point guard incase we miss out on a point guard in free agency or in a trade. I respect your opinion. I get your position. But I figure the team was thinking of the acquisition of talent over the past and upcoming two drafts as well. So perhaps they figured they could get a point in this draft as good as Haliburton if not better.
    Thereís really no excuse for passing on Hali, either at the time or now with the benefit of hindsight.

Teams 9-11 didnít desperately need improved guard play like we did. See Washington (Beal, Wall/Russ), Phoenix (CP3, Booker) and San Antonio (Derrick White, Dejounte Murray).

There was next to zero chance we were going to pry FVV from Toronto. And if out front office passed on Hali on that contingency, then they should be fired on the spot.

Finally, youíre absolutely right Hali is a combo guard, which makes this decision all the more worse. If we wanted to target a PG like FVV or someone in the upcoming draft (Cade, Suggs), Hali would fit seamlessly between that PG and RJ. Or we could just simply play Hali at PG. Lot of options.

It's done. So question is do we still have to take it out on Obi ? Which is what this is type of conversation is meant to justify.

It's done. So question is do we still have to take it out on Obi ? Which is what this is type of conversation is meant to justify.
    Itís not mutually exclusive to think we should have picked Hali over Obi, but still root for Obi to succeed.

What youíre doing is trying to justify picking Obi over Hali, and those reasons just arenít persuasive.

[QUOTE=Bubba313;33906090]Itís not mutually exclusive to think we should have picked Hali over Obi, but still root for Obi to succeed.

What youíre doing is trying to justify picking Obi over Hali, and those reasons just arenít persuasive.[/QUOT.
    I have never said Obi should have been picked over anyone. Why in the world would I spend a second justfying something I didn't do ? Yet, you for the last few months can't stop yourself day after day, from this argument of your against Obi. Why does it keep resurfacing . What I don't understand is why this argument is constantly being made ?
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-14-2021 at 03:44 PM.

[QUOTE=flimflamman;33906285]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Itís not mutually exclusive to think we should have picked Hali over Obi, but still root for Obi to succeed.

What youíre doing is trying to justify picking Obi over Hali, and those reasons just arenít persuasive.[/QUOT.
    I have never said Obi should have been picked over anyone. Why in the world would I spend a second justfying something I didn't do ? Yet, you for the last few months can't stop yourself day after day, from this argument of your against Obi. Why does it keep resurfacing . What I don't understand is why this argument is constantly being made ?
    What is this first post, if not providing justifications for why the Knicks might have picked Obi over Hali?

Now youíre saying you havenít spent a second justifying why the Knicks picked Obi. I think you need to come back to reality.

It keeps resurfacing because you, among others, but mainly you, wonít stop talking about it. And you donít get to dictate who gets to talk about what on this forum.

Honestly, youíd be much better off just focusing on Obiís improved play as of late, rather than Hali and anything related to not picking him.

Because itís true, Obi has been much better lately and hopefully that continues.

But he still hasnít (yet) come anywhere close to what Hali could have provided if we picked him.