Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 103 of 139 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2077
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    The new play in format is the best thing to happen to the nba for fans.

Over the last few weeks almost every game has been super competitive, almost playoff level energy, because so many teams are fighting for a playoff spot.

I haven't enjoyed the nba this much in years. Just look how tight both conferences are. In the past the top teams knew they could take it easy against bad teams because those teams would eventually just give up, thats not happening anymore.

Now every team has a reason to keep playing hard through the long season and the results is really good basketball for the fans to watch.

This hasn't been talked about much, but this is huge for the nba, the nba had a serious problem with teams not trying hard to win, now thats changed.
    Yet somehow Toronto is still tanking even though they are 0.5 games out of the 10th spot. There’s definitely still a lot of tanking going around the league. OKC and Orlando are prime examples.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    The new play in format is the best thing to happen to the nba for fans.

Over the last few weeks almost every game has been super competitive, almost playoff level energy, because so many teams are fighting for a playoff spot.

I haven't enjoyed the nba this much in years. Just look how tight both conferences are. In the past the top teams knew they could take it easy against bad teams because those teams would eventually just give up, thats not happening anymore.

Now every team has a reason to keep playing hard through the long season and the results is really good basketball for the fans to watch.

This hasn't been talked about much, but this is huge for the nba, the nba had a serious problem with teams not trying hard to win, now thats changed.
    Agreed. I love the new play in format

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yet somehow Toronto is still tanking even though they are 0.5 games out of the 10th spot. There’s definitely still a lot of tanking going around the league. OKC and Orlando are prime examples.
    are they tanking or just not good enough after the trades? If you consider trading their top players tanking then yes they are but this goes with my posts about Dame, only Portland is a playoff team, OKC and Orlando have not been.

At some point a franchise has to make a decision do we want to be that team that gets into the playoffs and then has a 15-18 spot draft pick each year? Hard to get better especially when you don't have cap, and in this new NBA with superstars ganging up it's that more difficult.

Kind of why when I hate the thought of us losing or tanking, and enjoying so much this season you have to wonder we have two firsts right now they are 19 and 20 is that making us better? What FA's are coming to this roster? Which players who are expiring will or can we retain?

There are two very good logic's and TBH no one is wrong, winning can bring a really good player but if that player yet one more time don't come then how much we improving or will we even regress based on other teams young players getting that much more experience? Yes we have some young players but do we expect more from Randle Next year? highly doubt it, that will be really hard.

I don't think those teams aren't playing hard and putting the best they have on the court so no don't agree with the tanking just they are preparing for the future and losing giving guys experience.

Toronto, just can't get out of their own way this year. They are not tanking, not at all, they just have guys missing so many games. Right now they have position for 8th pick of lottery balls so hey what if they get a top pick? then you will see Lowry gone.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Agreed. I love the new play in format

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I do but I said this a couple weeks ago, isn't it just our luck the new format will hit and we will be either 7th or 8th then have to win to get in? Just like when we were dead last and the new lottery format hit that season, we got lucky to get RJ and pick 3rd but think about the old format and the higher chances of having Zion?

so yes the games are much better, the competition is never ending, the games with only 14-16 left are fun for fans but go figure our luck lol

It's great for the NBA though, not sure they will keep it, but they should.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    are they tanking or just not good enough after the trades? If you consider trading their top players tanking then yes they are but this goes with my posts about Dame, only Portland is a playoff team, OKC and Orlando have not been.

At some point a franchise has to make a decision do we want to be that team that gets into the playoffs and then has a 15-18 spot draft pick each year? Hard to get better especially when you don't have cap, and in this new NBA with superstars ganging up it's that more difficult.

Kind of why when I hate the thought of us losing or tanking, and enjoying so much this season you have to wonder we have two firsts right now they are 19 and 20 is that making us better? What FA's are coming to this roster? Which players who are expiring will or can we retain?

There are two very good logic's and TBH no one is wrong, winning can bring a really good player but if that player yet one more time don't come then how much we improving or will we even regress based on other teams young players getting that much more experience? Yes we have some young players but do we expect more from Randle Next year? highly doubt it, that will be really hard.

I don't think those teams aren't playing hard and putting the best they have on the court so no don't agree with the tanking just they are preparing for the future and losing giving guys experience.

Toronto, just can't get out of their own way this year. They are not tanking, not at all, they just have guys missing so many games. Right now they have position for 8th pick of lottery balls so hey what if they get a top pick? then you will see Lowry gone.
    Toronto is tanking. Believe me. They have been resting all of their starters lately. They aren’t injured.

so how does the play in work? if DAL finishes 7th but loses the play in could we still get a lotto pick?

Theres always going to be tanking, but the majority of teams aren't tanking anymore.

Even if your in a play in spot now, you have to keep fighting to try to get a spot where you don't have to play in, and if you in a top seed you have to fight to keep it, and if your just outside the play in spots your still fighting to get in.

We haven't seen this kind of competitive regular season basketball league wide in forever. Even sitting stars has become a lot harder of a decision for teams now. Losing a few games here or there could knock you back substantially this season.

Toronto is tanking. Believe me. They have been resting all of their starters lately. They aren’t injured.
    no offense but only the old heads have a problem with tanking

This generation of Knicks fans aren't naive anymore and realize only 2 ways to win tank or free agents

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    no offense but only the old heads have a problem with tanking

This generation of Knicks fans aren't naive anymore and realize only 2 ways to win tank or free agents
    Tanking bad for the NBA and sports in general.

And it sucks for fantasy basketball too lol which is why I’m salty about it this year. My whole squad is basically injured or “resting”

Tanking bad for the NBA and sports in general.

And it sucks for fantasy basketball too lol which is why I’m salty about it this year. My whole squad is basically injured or “resting”
    It is bad i agree but until the nba changes its rules what can you do

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    so how does the play in work? if DAL finishes 7th but loses the play in could we still get a lotto pick?
    Yes, I believe that’s right. They’d have to lose two games, but it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Dallas is currently in the 7th slot in the West, two games behind the Blazers at 6, 3 back in the loss column from the Lakers at 5. But Memphis is one behind them at 8 (lost in double OT last night) and then the Warriors and Spurs at two back for 9 and 10. In other words we have a way to go but there is certainly a fair chance the Mavs have to play in and then who knows? One or two losses in that sequence and we have ourselves a lottery pick.
    Last edited by Knick Danger; 04-20-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    Dallas is currently in the 7th slot in the West, two games behind the Blazers at 6, 3 back in the loss column from the Lakers at 5. But Memphis is one behind them at 8 (lost in double OT last night) and then the Warriors and Spurs at two back for 9 and 10. In other words we have a way to go but there is certainly a fair chance the Mavs have to play in and then who knows? One loss in that sequence and we have ourselves a lottery pick.
    It would then go to the usual ping pong balls, right? They would get odds in order with where they finished, like the 2 losers of the play-in would get worst odds in the drawing

Around the NBA 2020-21 Edition: Scoreboard Watching from the MECCA

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    It is bad i agree but until the nba changes its rules what can you do
    They need to increase the fines drastically or even go as far as losing draft picks. Then I doubt it will happen as much. Only exception for rest IMO should be veterans players (30+) or players who are coming back from surgery either in the offseason or earlier in the season. The issue is that teams seem to be making up injuries instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    It would then go to the usual ping pong balls, right? They would get odds in order with where they finished, like the 2 losers of the play-in would get worst odds in the drawing
    I don't know exactly how it would be weighted but yeah the play in lottery teams would have the least ping pong balls.