Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Jonas/Grayson for Tristan/Nesmith?

Kemba/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Jonas
    Pritchard/Grayson/Langford/Theis/Lob

Ok Danny lets shake things up (Part 2).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yj9w5c9u

Minny also gets 2021, 2023 & 2025 1st rnd picks (via Bos)

Atl also gets 2022 1st rnd pick (via Bos)

Lonzo/Rondo/PP
    Smart/Lanford/Green
    Brown/GWill/Nesmith
    Tatum/Theis/Semi
    KAT/RWill/Tacko

Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    Ok Danny lets shake things up (Part 2).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yj9w5c9u

Minny also gets 2021, 2023 & 2025 1st rnd picks (via Bos)

Atl also gets 2022 1st rnd pick (via Bos)

Lonzo/Rondo/PP
    Smart/Lanford/Green
    Brown/GWill/Nesmith
    Tatum/Theis/Semi
    KAT/RWill/Tacko
    Minny gets hosed here, as Collins is FA after season I believe. But I like the idea of KAT.

These pieces should be on the table (would hate to give up JB, but KAT and healthy Williams could be maybe the most dominant front court in NBA).

Thompson
    Theis
    Smart
    Kemba
    Brown (maybe)

I think we can all admit that this team is way below average and since Ainge either refuses to make any moves or other teams refuse to deal with him, then it's going to be years before they make it back to the conference finals. I guess I'll just hope the red Sox can compete this season. Tired of watching all Boston teams choke it up.

Well that didn’t take long for this team to slip in the standings.

Vince to Gronk

Here's a look at Williams on min adjusted compared to Brown/Tatum.

10-11 rebounds, 2-3 blocks, 4-5 assists, 12-15 points on 8-9 FGA w/ great D - hit those numbers and that's better value than Tatum or Brown. IF* healthy and 29-34 MPG he's their best player and it isn't close. Forget the sexiness of just points, it's like looking at just Home Runs back in the early 90's MLB.

player minutes value over replacement mins adj - jb/jt
    tatum 1,248 1.70 1.70
    brown 1,261 1.60 1.60
    williams 552 1.20 2.15 <-- #13 in NBA

Damn this team blows.

Vince to Gronk

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/...ord-trade/amp/

This would be a good trade for Boston as they get Horford back and OKC get scraps instead of a future 1st round pick they want for Horford now that he's playing center where he's always solid.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post

This would be a good trade for Boston as they get Horford back and OKC get scraps instead of a future 1st round pick they want for Horford now that he's playing center where he's always solid.
    zero interest in getting Horford back at this point. perfect example of trading just for the sake of trading and won't improve the team at all. Trading off Thompson or Theis for a wing that can rotate with the two stars makes a lot more sense; or trading Walker off for a younger starting PG that is actually durable also makes sense. Trading for an aging big with a bloated contract that will end up taking more minutes away from RW and Tacko is stupid.
    Last edited by AntiG; 03-20-2021 at 08:34 PM.

At this point it’s best if they just miss the POs all together there’s no why they’ll make it
    past the first round (if they even make the Playoffs).I say tank rest of the way and rebuild for next year.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post

I think you have the position right but you'd be paying him 27.0M and 26.5M - near Max for 2 seasons. Hell no.

For me, I still go back to KAT. This Celtics team wins when the shooting is hitting on all cylinders. But they're simply not good enough outside maybe Tatum. They'll always be a streaky team. I'd go for inside scoring which is higher probability and more consistent.

Brad can't/won't dish out discipline. DA is in a box, this deal for Gordon might help a bit, but no way they get to the ECF. Irving screwed us and I see no real evidence that the leadership has gotten past that.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Brad can't/won't dish out discipline. DA is in a box, this deal for Gordon might help a bit, but no way they get to the ECF. Irving screwed us and I see no real evidence that the leadership has gotten past that.
    I was just thinking about that the other day, everyone talks about how DA sat on all the Brooklyn picks.....like no he made his move to bring in Kyrie, signed Horford and Hayward, drafted Brown and Tatum. The whole Kyrie situation really set us back into a rebuild around Tatum/Brown. I was saying last year we had too many Rookies/inexperienced players on the roster and we did nothing to solve it this offseason. Brown and Tatum need some solid vets around to support them. Asking 22-24yo players to lead a bunch of kids is ridiculous. Team lacks depth and experience and tradable contracts.....

PS imagine if Kyrie did stay and his buddy Durant still wanted to play with him....

Mo Wagner, love it.

I don’t think anything we did today is much of a difference maker but I think we repositioned purposely. I stated at the beginning of the year this team would not compete for a title and that’s ok. This is a process.

Evan Fournier provides a much needed 6th man who can score and shoot the 3 at a high % and volume.

I liked Theis a lot but he was always a goner at the end of the season. Moving him along with Teague and Green opens up more minutes for Williams, Pritchard and Nesmith as well as Langford (if he can ever get healthy). These will be crucial games/minutes for the kids.

PG - Kemba Walker
    SG - Marcus Smart
    SF - Jaylen Brown
    PF - Jayson Tatum
    C - Tristan Thompson

Bench
    Evan Fournier
    Robert Williams
    Payton Pritchard

That’s the top 8

Wagner can replace the outside shooting from the C spot Theis brought at smaller minutes and honestly a more appropriate role for the position

9/10th man will be a rotation based on matchup and situation

Defensive subs
    Williams/Ojeleye

Offensive subs
    Nesmith/Langford

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast