Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Yes please. Saleh is my #1 choice both on and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    It is hard because of how accessible information is, it is a gift and a curse in that regard. When it comes to the news and reporting cycle I tend to try and avoid mainstream sources if possible and stick to independent journalism. From there I check citations and links to where they got their information from to confirm or deny, in my mind, what the report said. Basically things reported are not where my search ends but the starting point to explore more of the who, what, and why. Being that I went to school for psychology and counseling I have become aware of coded words, language, and how people use or misuse them. That is a large issue I believe today because people don't understand how or what to understand why a word or term might be offensive, but that is a large discussion for another time. Point being if I notice certain terms, phrases, or writing style used over and over again in an article or report I will stop reading/listening and search if anyone else reports similar findings as did the "loaded" article. Chances are they did not and the article was spun a certain way. EX: The **** fit people threw because they though paw patrol was being cancelled over the George Floyd murder. It was not, never was, but you have certain cites using the show's hiatus as motivation to push an agenda that was not really there. Mediabiasfactcheck and snopes are good tools to use if you are confused about the legitimacy of a source or report, and they lay out the reasons why the source was flawed, what they got wrong etc. It is a nice tool to have when conducting your own research. That ultimately is a necessity today because people will say or do whatever for attention, clicks, and the like.

Most importantly, and this is a lesson I learned over my life, is to sometimes just listen to shut my mouth and listen to people who know more than me. We all have brains and critical thinking so when something does not add up in your mind ask them questions. There is no dumb question because we all know different things and learn at different levels, it is not race so don't be ashamed to ask for clarification. Experts are out there, we all have friends or family that know of people in certain fields that know more than us. They are paid and trained to do the job they do and know more about a situation (say Fauci and Covid-19 for example) so their word has value. People get paid for a certain thing so get invested in knowing them, why they make the decisions they make, and what we can do to support, change, or address things that need correcting. We are not experts but we have tools to help us make informed, educated, and critically thought out decisions to our best ability. Right now that does not happen imo. Right now there is a lot of fear, I get it I am scared too, and when humans are afraid they act out in different ways and not always fully logical. On top of that you have manipulators feeding on that fear, like Trump, and it becomes a nightmare to understand and fix.
    and through it all, the Lions will always suck

It is hard because of how accessible information is, it is a gift and a curse in that regard. When it comes to the news and reporting cycle I tend to try and avoid mainstream sources if possible and stick to independent journalism. From there I check citations and links to where they got their information from to confirm or deny, in my mind, what the report said. Basically things reported are not where my search ends but the starting point to explore more of the who, what, and why. Being that I went to school for psychology and counseling I have become aware of coded words, language, and how people use or misuse them. That is a large issue I believe today because people don't understand how or what to understand why a word or term might be offensive, but that is a large discussion for another time. Point being if I notice certain terms, phrases, or writing style used over and over again in an article or report I will stop reading/listening and search if anyone else reports similar findings as did the "loaded" article. Chances are they did not and the article was spun a certain way. EX: The **** fit people threw because they though paw patrol was being cancelled over the George Floyd murder. It was not, never was, but you have certain cites using the show's hiatus as motivation to push an agenda that was not really there. Mediabiasfactcheck and snopes are good tools to use if you are confused about the legitimacy of a source or report, and they lay out the reasons why the source was flawed, what they got wrong etc. It is a nice tool to have when conducting your own research. That ultimately is a necessity today because people will say or do whatever for attention, clicks, and the like.

Most importantly, and this is a lesson I learned over my life, is to sometimes just listen to shut my mouth and listen to people who know more than me. We all have brains and critical thinking so when something does not add up in your mind ask them questions. There is no dumb question because we all know different things and learn at different levels, it is not race so don't be ashamed to ask for clarification. Experts are out there, we all have friends or family that know of people in certain fields that know more than us. They are paid and trained to do the job they do and know more about a situation (say Fauci and Covid-19 for example) so their word has value. People get paid for a certain thing so get invested in knowing them, why they make the decisions they make, and what we can do to support, change, or address things that need correcting. We are not experts but we have tools to help us make informed, educated, and critically thought out decisions to our best ability. Right now that does not happen imo. Right now there is a lot of fear, I get it I am scared too, and when humans are afraid they act out in different ways and not always fully logical. On top of that you have manipulators feeding on that fear, like Trump, and it becomes a nightmare to understand and fix.
    This is fine and dandy with competent individuals but the current state clearly shows it does not matter how much proof you provide some people, they are going to believe the outrageous. It's just ****ing absurd some of the things I hear my wife's step-dad spew and when I provide him sources that show otherwise, he says it's fake news. These types of individuals take it as a personal attack on themselves instead of just being, "you know what, I was wrong, and now I understand and am better for it."

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Yeah. At least that remains constant.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    This is fine and dandy with competent individuals but the current state clearly shows it does not matter how much proof you provide some people, they are going to believe the outrageous. It's just ****ing absurd some of the things I hear my wife's step-dad spew and when I provide him sources that show otherwise, he says it's fake news. These types of individuals take it as a personal attack on themselves instead of just being, "you know what, I was wrong, and now I understand and am better for it."
    It's true and I'm not sure where to go from here. Normalize intelligence and science, invest in lower educated areas (farmland especially) and perhaps slowly informed decisions become the norm. It will take a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Not much, busy with life haha. Excited for the Lions this offseason though. Big changes coming so that brought me back here ! How have you been?
    All good as can be expected over here. Wife working from home 4 kids (16 daughter, 15 son, 10 daughter & 8 son) all distance learning from home. Alcohol consumption is up, my dart game is on point and i just completed the last season of archer.

What stories of world travels have you come back with?
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    All good as can be expected over here. Wife working from home 4 kids (16 daughter, 15 son, 10 daughter & 8 son) all distance learning from home. Alcohol consumption is up, my dart game is on point and i just completed the last season of archer.

What stories of world travels have you come back with?
    That must be hard with 4 of them home. I've been busy to say the least. Divorced, have my 2.5 year old son. Working from home but daycares went back in a few months ago so that has helped. Currently doing my masters degree online as well so it has been quite the time management issues and some late nights but mostly all good with me. Still had time to catch most lions games this year.

Glad to see you back! What is the master's degree in?

Glad to see you back! What is the master's degree in?
    Urban planning

give me an unknown to be our coach and GM

feel like that would be the best option

Urban planning
    that stafford pfp is fire

That must be hard with 4 of them home. I've been busy to say the least. Divorced, have my 2.5 year old son. Working from home but daycares went back in a few months ago so that has helped. Currently doing my masters degree online as well so it has been quite the time management issues and some late nights but mostly all good with me. Still had time to catch most lions games this year.
    Sorry to hear about the divorce bro. Glad your going for your masters, education is always awesome... at least your daycare is open! That must help with some sanity! Lol
    [img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    give me an unknown to be our coach and GM

feel like that would be the best option
    Give a successful college coach full control.
    [img] [/img]

the lions are consistent. That is true.

This is the way.