Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Just want to say I hope none of you are at the protests going on in DC right now and if you are please just go home I would hate for you to get hurt for a guy that couldn't give two ***** about you.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Just want to say I hope none of you are at the protests going on in DC right now and if you are please just go home I would hate for you to get hurt for a guy that couldn't give two ***** about you.
    What an embarrassment.

and here we are, close to an hour after the curfew, and police are doing nothing....

U.S.A

Unbelievably Stupid Asshats.

I see @Bluejaysrock stalking the thread

say hello ! i forgot about you!

i'm quitting PSD at 20k posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I see @Bluejaysrock stalking the thread

say hello ! i forgot about you!

First time I've post in a while but I think i'll be sticking around a bit now. Exciting times to be a Lions fan with the new regime about to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    U.S.A

Unbelievable stupid asshats Works for me.

In other news:
    Here in Sacto. We had people peacefully protesting at the state capital, nothing crazy like DC. Everything is stupid. Tell me if I’m out of line but this is the OTT so it should be okay.

I’m feeling like the media plays a HUGE part in all this. It seems like there’s a goal in place and they spin the news to further their own personal agenda. I no longer know what is the REAL truth. I feel Like i need to conduct my own “journalism” before I can have an opinion on anything. You watch story “A” on network “1” and the same story reported completely different on network “2”. Key words are used to make things sound different than what they are.

I’m not taking sides or promoting any side. I just think that journalism should be neutral and let the reader/viewer/listener decide. Otherwise that network (newspaper, podcast, radio station) needs to promote itself as reporting on behalf of party “A” or party “B”. This way the reader/viewer/listener knows the reporting many be tainted or one sided.

I feel more for my kids and their generation because they are straight up lost. My kids ask me something political, I say look it up. Reference a liberal site AND a conservative site then come to YOUR own conclusion. This way they can sound somewhat competent when discussing these matters with other people or friends. Most of Their “friends” on the other hand are simply regurgitating what their parents “far side” is. It’s frustrating because if my kids’ opinion differ (and offer conflicting facts) their “friends” simple repeat what they said before but louder and often more animated as though “they can’t believe it!”

Strange times.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post

First time I've post in a while but I think i'll be sticking around a bit now. Exciting times to be a Lions fan with the new regime about to take over.
    BJR!!!!! What’s shakin bacon?!?!!! Miss you chief.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    U.S.A

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post

In other news:
    Here in Sacto. We had people peacefully protesting at the state capital, nothing crazy like DC. Everything is stupid. Tell me if I’m out of line but this is the OTT so it should be okay.

I’m feeling like the media plays a HUGE part in all this. It seems like there’s a goal in place and they spin the news to further their own personal agenda. I no longer know what is the REAL truth. I feel Like i need to conduct my own “journalism” before I can have an opinion on anything. You watch story “A” on network “1” and the same story reported completely different on network “2”. Key words are used to make things sound different than what they are.

I’m not taking sides or promoting any side. I just think that journalism should be neutral and let the reader/viewer/listener decide. Otherwise that network (newspaper, podcast, radio station) needs to promote itself as reporting on behalf of party “A” or party “B”. This way the reader/viewer/listener knows the reporting many be tainted or one sided.

I feel more for my kids and their generation because they are straight up lost. My kids ask me something political, I say look it up. Reference a liberal site AND a conservative site then come to YOUR own conclusion. This way they can sound somewhat competent when discussing these matters with other people or friends. Most of Their “friends” on the other hand are simply regurgitating what their parents “far side” is. It’s frustrating because if my kids’ opinion differ (and offer conflicting facts) their “friends” simple repeat what they said before but louder and often more animated as though “they can’t believe it!”

Strange times.
    Media (in particular Social Media) has become unbelievably polarizing. And it's done that way on purpose. It's done to intentionally get everyone riled up about the same issues (racism, sexism, abortion, gay marriage, guns, vaccines, etc..) that have always been the US core issues. And then this distracts us from things that should matter more like being the richest country in the world and having so much poverty and having for profit prisons and not just generally helping people. Then it turns everyone against each other and there is no middle ground. There is no getting someone to look at an issue from your POV. There is just this hivemind where "I believe what I want and I have sooooooo many people that agree so I must be right"....

Social media has great things...but **** it comes with such terrible stuff too.

In other news:

Strange times.
    It is hard because of how accessible information is, it is a gift and a curse in that regard. When it comes to the news and reporting cycle I tend to try and avoid mainstream sources if possible and stick to independent journalism. From there I check citations and links to where they got their information from to confirm or deny, in my mind, what the report said. Basically things reported are not where my search ends but the starting point to explore more of the who, what, and why. Being that I went to school for psychology and counseling I have become aware of coded words, language, and how people use or misuse them. That is a large issue I believe today because people don't understand how or what to understand why a word or term might be offensive, but that is a large discussion for another time. Point being if I notice certain terms, phrases, or writing style used over and over again in an article or report I will stop reading/listening and search if anyone else reports similar findings as did the "loaded" article. Chances are they did not and the article was spun a certain way. EX: The **** fit people threw because they though paw patrol was being cancelled over the George Floyd murder. It was not, never was, but you have certain cites using the show's hiatus as motivation to push an agenda that was not really there. Mediabiasfactcheck and snopes are good tools to use if you are confused about the legitimacy of a source or report, and they lay out the reasons why the source was flawed, what they got wrong etc. It is a nice tool to have when conducting your own research. That ultimately is a necessity today because people will say or do whatever for attention, clicks, and the like.

Most importantly, and this is a lesson I learned over my life, is to sometimes just listen to shut my mouth and listen to people who know more than me. We all have brains and critical thinking so when something does not add up in your mind ask them questions. There is no dumb question because we all know different things and learn at different levels, it is not race so don't be ashamed to ask for clarification. Experts are out there, we all have friends or family that know of people in certain fields that know more than us. They are paid and trained to do the job they do and know more about a situation (say Fauci and Covid-19 for example) so their word has value. People get paid for a certain thing so get invested in knowing them, why they make the decisions they make, and what we can do to support, change, or address things that need correcting. We are not experts but we have tools to help us make informed, educated, and critically thought out decisions to our best ability. Right now that does not happen imo. Right now there is a lot of fear, I get it I am scared too, and when humans are afraid they act out in different ways and not always fully logical. On top of that you have manipulators feeding on that fear, like Trump, and it becomes a nightmare to understand and fix.

BJR!!!!! What’s shakin bacon?!?!!! Miss you chief.
    Not much, busy with life haha. Excited for the Lions this offseason though. Big changes coming so that brought me back here ! How have you been?

Rumour Saleh's wife was at a bakery picking up a cake with blue frosting that said "Congratulations Coach". Said they were "going home"

Not sure on truth to it saw it on twitter but hopefully that is the case!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast