Good! We all need more of those.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Ha! that is awesome. Rivers was annoying, but he sure as hell was a good QB.
    I think Rivers is one of those guys when he is on your team his attitude and demeanor are funny and when you are going up against him it is annoying.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I think Rivers is one of those guys when he is on your team his attitude and demeanor are funny and when you are going up against him it is annoying.
    agree 100%

he's basically THAT GUY

always amazed me he could talk that much junk without swearing, and still got under defenders' skin

Rivers needed a punch in the face since the day he was born. He's still a HOFer, but someone should punch him in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Rivers needed a punch in the face since the day he was born. He's still a HOFer, but someone should punch him in the face.
    Lol, Im sure many tried. I agree with garnotm If hes on our team, we love him.... against him, we hate him. Still a HOFer nonetheless.
    [img] [/img]

Anyone been partaking in Gamestop, AMC, BB, etc.? Quite the ordeal that has been going on these past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Anyone been partaking in Gamestop, AMC, BB, etc.? Quite the ordeal that has been going on these past few days.
    I love how Corporate America is all about free trade minimum restrictions until something like this happens and then its oh **** they found out this is criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I love how Corporate America is all about free trade minimum restrictions until something like this happens and then its oh **** they found out this is criminal.
    It's absolutely crazy.

Can't be having little guys make millions of dollars when it comes at the expense of billionaires

I am unfamiliar with the story, can you post a link?
    [img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I am unfamiliar with the story, can you post a link?
    https://www.wired.com/story/robinhood-gamestop-stock/

Essentially a bunch of redditors found out that GME stock was being severely shorted by various hedge funds and what not. A stock that in December was around $16.00. Reddit forum wallstreetbets quickly banded together to buy, buy, buy to get back at wall street. Yesterday it hit a high of $347.51 resulting in various apps; Robinhood, TD, etc. to halt trading on this stock, and a few others. Essentially stopping the public from buying anymore. Only giving them the ability to sell (what they want people to do).

Straight up crazy.

and, I'm sure there are better articles but that was one of the first ones that popped up when I googled it...

EDIT: and, I am by no means an expert financial trader who knows what and why things happened, or how they were able to tell.
    Last edited by tigers.6; 01-28-2021 at 09:12 PM.

Yep. Wall Street getting ****ed is always good with me. I hope if nothing else comes from this we can regulate the ****ery that happens there.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Yep. Wall Street getting ****ed is always good with me. I hope if nothing else comes from this we can regulate the ****ery that happens there.
    well it's obvious the whole idea of the stock market is a measure for how good the economy is is complete bull ****. Gamestop's stocks are now up there with apple, google, etc...and yet its still the same struggling crappy company that its always been. We literally can make any company successful in the eyes of economists who use the stock market as a guide to the economies health.

What I really hope happens is that this shows the public the power they have...if we can start to push companies that we view are good than we can begin to influence the stock market and the power those companies have. This is pretty crazy because it just turned the hedgefund business on its head.

It's a game for only the wealthy. The minute the small folk get involve they have to shut it down and 'protect' their customers.

Robert Reich has some interesting tweets regarding the whole situation.

It's a game for only the wealthy. The minute the small folk get involve they have to shut it down and 'protect' their customers.

Robert Reich has some interesting tweets regarding the whole situation.
    Story of this country unfortunately.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast