Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lions Coming Back to 97.1 The Ticket

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...et/3954327001/

After 5 years the Lions are going back to 97.1 The Ticket, making them the only radio station in the country to have all major sports teams.

The main reason they left in the first place was Valenti's candid takes on the organization and the piss poor performance of the team. With them coming back, and him still being the main host, I think you can all but say that Martha Ford didn't like him talking bad about their family. I'm guessing Rod was finally able to go to Shiela and be like, "It makes no business sense to be on WJR and financially speaking, we are better off going back to 97.1, where you're not dealing with static constantly."

All 4 teams back on 97.1 right?

Cool, easy hub to listen to all of them if I am on the road. As for as 97.1 itself I have listened to it on the drive but haven't really absorbed what has been said in years.

I've listened to 97.1 a little more frequently as of late. It's actually really good. The Stoney & Jansen show in the morning is my least favorite. Karsh & Anderson are good but the meat and potatoes of the station is definitely Valenti & Beard.