Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Barry Sanders brought on as Advisor for GM/HC search

Well at least it a step in the right direction. Since neither Sheila or Rod no anything about football at least there is someone with knowledge to help.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

At the very least it feels like they are taking this serious in finding a good NFL management structure.

Isn’t Barry just a bit removed from the franchise timewise? does he have any relations with the guys on the team? Barry wouldn’t know a good coach if he saw one… He’s never experienced one... ever.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Isn’t Barry just a bit removed from the franchise timewise? does he have any relations with the guys on the team? Barry wouldn’t know a good coach if he saw one… He’s never experienced one... ever.
    Wayne Fontes may not have been the greatest coach of all time but before Caldwell he was arguably our best head coach ever. Besides Fontes is the last coach to win a division title and a playoff game so there is that.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Barry may not have played under a "good coach" but I am sure he is aware of personality traits that might make up a coach he would want to play for. He was also around for the 49ers and Cowboys teams and I am sure he knows people on those teams who told him a thing or two about what it was like playing under those coaches. He is there for that perspective. How much that means in relationship with other players we may not know because we do not know his relationship with the younger Lions.

This is good news if for no other reason than good PR. I'll take it. Now get CJ in as some type of consultant for the receivers. Doesn't even need to do much, But I'll take the good PR for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    This is good news if for no other reason than good PR. I'll take it. Now get CJ in as some type of consultant for the receivers. Doesn't even need to do much, But I'll take the good PR for that too.
    I think this is important. Whether or not you believe Kenny should be back, he's definitely looking at the Calvin situation and wondering why his relationship would be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I think this is important. Whether or not you believe Kenny should be back, he's definitely looking at the Calvin situation and wondering why his relationship would be any different.
    right? Like I'm sure players (and more importantly agents) look at that type of thing as part of their negotiation. I am sure it's not the number 1 factor, but it would be hard for me to believe it doesn't at least play a role.

right? Like I'm sure players (and more importantly agents) look at that type of thing as part of their negotiation. I am sure it's not the number 1 factor, but it would be hard for me to believe it doesn't at least play a role.
    Which is why I am overly optimistic with them asking for his opinion, and bringing in Spielman as a Special Assistant. It's long over due that the organization figures out their own culture and what they want to be. For too long they look at what other organizations are doing (patriots) and try to replicate it. The fact of the matter is that it can't. Detroit as a city has it's own culture and I think should be the forefront of what Detroit sport teams should replicate. Grit, toughness, perseverance, etc.

Which is why I am overly optimistic with them asking for his opinion, and bringing in Spielman as a Special Assistant. It's long over due that the organization figures out their own culture and what they want to be. For too long they look at what other organizations are doing (patriots) and try to replicate it. The fact of the matter is that it can't. Detroit as a city has it's own culture and I think should be the forefront of what Detroit sport teams should replicate. Grit, toughness, perseverance, etc.
    tigers.6 for assistant to the new GM!

tigers.6 for assistant to the new GM!
    He’s got my vote
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

oooooh god no haha