Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 167
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,727
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Kemp didnt have the peak or the longevity. I dont even think hes top 20 at his position.
    Peak Shawn Kemp was top 3 PF in the league. He and GP anchored some of the best defensive teams of the 90's. I agree he didn't have the longevity but peak Shawn Kemp was dominant on both ends of the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,796
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I like to think so. A certain Canadian troll seems hell bent on pushing my buttons, but aside from that, I think I've mellowed out a lot. I don't think I've had an infraction in 8 years, and it's probably been about that long since I rage quite a PSD game.

    I highly, highly doubt that.

    Yeah, that's fair. Somebody has to counter all the Harden and Rockets hate on this forum, though. I get that he's probably the most hated athlete in the sport, and a lot of that hate is warranted. But the things I see people say about the guy on this forum show just how underappreciated he is in his time. If nothing else, he's at least the Karl Malone/David Robinson of his era. Is it too much to ask for people to acknowledge that?
    I donít think heís as impactful as either guy, but heís definitely better than kemp/Drexler/Payton. I do think he is right around a top 25 player where as David and Malone are more in the 15-18 spot. You know I have David around 9 in my list though. I think Harden is a beast. I donít hate on him. I canít compare him to really anyone because heís unbelievably good at what he does, but then he does have some glaring holes in his overall performance on the court. Like David he kills the regular season and somewhat struggles in the playoffs, but David was a top 3 offensive player and a top 3 defensive player During his prime, where as Harden is just a top 3 offensive player. Davidís impact was arguable the greatest in the game on both sides of the ball at one point where as Hardens impact is arguable greatest in the game only on offense.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,727
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I donít think heís as impactful as either guy, but heís definitely better than kemp/Drexler/Payton. I do think he is right around a top 25 player where as David and Malone are more in the 15-18 spot. You know I have David around 9 in my list though. I think Harden is a beast. I donít hate on him. I canít compare him to really anyone because heís unbelievably good at what he does, but then he does have some glaring holes in his overall performance on the court. Like David he kills the regular season and somewhat struggles in the playoffs, but David was a top 3 offensive player and a top 3 defensive player During his prime, where as Harden is just a top 3 offensive player. Davidís impact was arguable the greatest in the game on both sides of the ball at one point where as Hardens impact is arguable greatest in the game only on offense.
    Harden more of an impact than GP? The same GP who was All NBA 1st Defence 9 times? The same GP that was the last guard to win DPOY up until present day? That GP? We're not even taking into account that he was also really good on offence as well. The other two I can understand why people would debate but GP should be out of the question.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 12-19-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,190
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You should re-read my post. Especially the part where it says "a main piece"

    Instead of trying to poke holes in everything I say maybe just try and take it in? It's not that I hate James Harden. It's that he plays a style of basketball that just flat out sucks. My level of consistency really bothers you, eh?

    Bill Russell wouldn't be my all time #1 but he'd be way ahead of James Harden. That's for sure.
    What consistency? You're all over the place. Also, good job dodging literally every point I make. When it comes to real basketball discussion, it's pretty clear you're one of those surface level fans who doesn't take time to look at the facts and would rather value rings and stupid nothing intangibles like "heart." I'll know now to lower my expectations moving forward.


  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,727
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    What consistency? You're all over the place. Also, good job dodging literally every point I make. When it comes to real basketball discussion, it's pretty clear you're one of those surface level fans who doesn't take time to look at the facts and would rather value rings and stupid nothing intangibles like "heart." I'll know now to lower my expectations moving forward.
    The only one who's been all over the place is you. It's no surprise considering all you've done is try to poke holes in what I'm saying. Winning basketball > scoring titles. If a player happens to get a scoring title along with a championship/finals appearance, well, it's because they're a good enough scorer to get their team there. Harden is a great scorer but he will never be a winner. Run along now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,041
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    seriously i am all for bias trolling but holy **** can we stop being complete morons............ in no ****ing world is iverson/nash/miller/kidd better than harden............. just stop jesus christ. Why must i defend harden holy hell lol
    Dude, chill.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,041
    I feel like I should move that whole stupid debate into a different thread.

    Marc Gasol (and Pau if he gets the Lakers to bite)
    Korver
    Haslam
    Tyson Chandler
    Crawford

    I'd have said Carmelo last off-season but he was okay last year.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I feel like I should move that whole stupid debate into a different thread.

    Marc Gasol (and Pau if he gets the Lakers to bite)
    Korver
    Haslam
    Tyson Chandler
    Crawford

    I'd have said Carmelo last off-season but he was okay last year.
    I wonder if he'll accept a 6th man role this season? It might happen considering the additions Portland made. Personally I think he'd thrive in that role.

    I didn't even know Udonis Haslem was still playing? What is he, 45?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Marc Gasol

    The idea of him starting for the Lakers or any team is laughable at this point.

    Mike Conley

    Done at least as a starter. He stepped up big time in the playoffs, but is likely in the bottom 10 starting PGs for the regular season now. Best suited for a bench role until playoff time like Dragic.
    Agree 100% on Marc as I take Dwight all day when healthy cause he's on of the few who can stop the Joker which AD can't. Marc is a good passer for a big man but that's it.

    https://youtu.be/scEItF90n58
    Glad we got Howard on our team for all the physical antics and easy put backs down low which hopefully will rub off on Embiid to play tougher

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you do understand how advance stats work right? The league was much less efficient is a ****ing stupid argument.... the league wasnt use to the skill set reggie has like they are harden so reggie never saw the double teams harden constantly does...... see how that works genius? A 3 point shooter early on compared to a 3 point shooter or shooter now? who do you think the defense covered more??????????????????????????? Reggie in the current era would still be a damn great player but he would not have the spacing he had back then.
    My god your arguments contradict themselves....do you think Harden would be able to just flail around and get a parade to the free throw line every game in Reggie's era? No. So maybe Harden wouldn't be the same player if people were allowed to mug him instead of not being able to even look at him funny.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,341
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    My god your arguments contradict themselves....do you think Harden would be able to just flail around and get a parade to the free throw line every game in Reggie's era? No. So maybe Harden wouldn't be the same player if people were allowed to mug him instead of not being able to even look at him funny.
    Heís gets upset when people pierce his bubble


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Dude, chill.
    my bad

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,043
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    My god your arguments contradict themselves....do you think Harden would be able to just flail around and get a parade to the free throw line every game in Reggie's era? No. So maybe Harden wouldn't be the same player if people were allowed to mug him instead of not being able to even look at him funny.
    so you think a whole 4 fta more a game which harden has over reggie would somehow make the difference? false. Look what iverson did to the league at his size and not really as good of a shooter as harden in the early 2000s.... in any era there is no discussion to be made for reggie over harden.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,043
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Heís gets upset when people pierce his bubble


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    not really... its just insanity thinking that in any world reggie miller is a better player than harden. Everyone hates harden because of his style of play but he gets results and we are now underrating him insanely because of the hate.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,341

    Name a player you think is DONE

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    not really... its just insanity thinking that in any world reggie miller is a better player than harden. Everyone hates harden because of his style of play but he gets results and we are now underrating him insanely because of the hate.
    And everyone hated Reggie bc of his style of play and the way he carried himself. heís was the biggest flopper ever for a long time. He invented those plays where you move into a guys arms, kick your leg out, wrap arm around his and act like he holding you etc. He is very underrated bc of it. Even now people say he could drive or post up. Itís not true and he got results but thatís what they say


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •