Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Name a player you think is DONE

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you do understand how advance stats work right? The league was much less efficient is a ****ing stupid argument.... the league wasnt use to the skill set reggie has like they are harden so reggie never saw the double teams harden constantly does...... see how that works genius? A 3 point shooter early on compared to a 3 point shooter or shooter now? who do you think the defense covered more??????????????????????????? Reggie in the current era would still be a damn great player but he would not have the spacing he had back then.
    Yes. People like you copy and paste them from basketball reference. Occasionally and it’s rare someone like Vlade uses them with a context that makes a point. Anyway, they covered Reggie more. There was much less floor spacing and switching with fewer rotations so you could commit more to him at the 3 point line, plus guys could hold and bump off screens, and he got way fewer open transition 3s due to the pace of game. Today Reggie would shoot 10 threes a game and be more efficient. Don’t act all up in arms then argue that it was harder to get buckets in the mid 90s then in 2020. Efficiency isn’t what makes James Harden better then Reggie. Reggie was better in this area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 12-19-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

seriously i am all for bias trolling but holy **** can we stop being complete morons............ in no ****ing world is iverson/nash/miller/kidd better than harden............. just stop jesus christ. Why must i defend harden holy hell lol

Who is the Troll????????? ??????
    GTFO boi!!!!!!!! ....... AMIRite? ****

Last edited by ewing; 12-19-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yea. I think he’s a “time share” player at this point. You are going to need about 40% of those starts or starter minutes from Teague. Kemba shouldn’t play more than 25-30 minutes a night when he does play.

They already said they are easing him back slowly which stinks for the Cs because their early season schedule is brutal so they’ll fall behind from the get go.

Chandler Parsons
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    They already said they are easing him back slowly which stinks for the Cs because their early season schedule is brutal so they’ll fall behind from the get go.

If Tatum makes a jump as a passer (which I don't think is a stretch but he's never really had to do it) then I think they'll be ok. Hopefully, for your sake, Horford and Haywards ball distribution rubbed off on him and not Kyrie's ball hogging.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Chandler Parsons
    For sure. His career was already in serious jeopardy then the car accident made it official. Should be happy to be alive though. Drunk drivers suck.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    For sure. His career was already in serious jeopardy then the car accident made it official. Should be happy to be alive though. Drunk drivers suck.
    I hope he gets on the floor this year because of the circumstances. Just so it doesn't have to end the way it has so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yes. People like you copy and paste them from basketball reference. Occasionally and it’s rare someone like Vlade uses them with a context that makes a point. Anyway, they covered Reggie more. There was much less floor spacing and switching with fewer rotations so you could commit more to him at the 3 point line, plus guys could hold and bump off screens, and he got way fewer open transition 3s due to the pace of game. Today Reggie would shoot 10 threes a game and be more efficient. Don’t act all up in arms then argue that it was harder to get buckets in the mid 90s then in 2020. Efficiency isn’t what makes James Harden better then Reggie. Reggie was better in this area

so your basing him being more efficient on FG Pct and 3point pct correct? How dumb is that? Again TS matters and TS basically has them equal... there is no argument in the world for reggie miller over harden

He did have a short prime but he intimidated basically everyone on both ends of the floor.
    Cmon bro, youre telling me youd take Shawn Kemp over Harden? Kemp is not even a top 50 player. Probably not even top 75. Thats a far reach.

Like I said I wont argue many others but I think you need to take a closer look at the numbers.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-19-2020 at 12:52 PM.

so your basing him being more efficient on FG Pct and 3point pct correct? How dumb is that? Again TS matters and TS basically has them equal... there is no argument in the world for reggie miller over harden
    TS% has them equal without an adjustment for era or looking at post season performance. I honestly never thought about this debate until it came up in another thread. I do have Harden over him due to play making. Still Reggie was a more efficient scorer and a better defender for his career. I think it closer then narrative suggest but Harden is better imo. I can’t get past Harden’s huge advantage in play making even with him dribbling out the shot clock the last couple seasons

Last edited by ewing; 12-19-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Cmon bro, youre telling me youd take Shawn Kemp over Harden? Kemp is not even a top 50 player. Probably not even top 75. Thats a far reach.

Like I said I wont argue many others but I think you need to take a closer look at the numbers.
    Off the top of my head, I'd take Harden over Kemp, AI, Nash, Kidd, Payton, Stockton, Pierce, Thomas, Miller and Drexler. Most of those guys pretty easily without a second glance. Kemp is easily the worst player on that list by a mile, though. Mentioning him over Harden is just pathetic, and I'm a Kemp fan. Frankly, I'm a fan of most of those guys on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

Every player I listed made a finals appearance or won a title as a main piece on their respective team aside from Steve Nash. I value winning basketball over individual accolades. Harden puts up dazzling numbers in the regular season but his style of basketball isn't good enough to get his team to the grandest stage of them all.

Every player I listed made a finals appearance or won a title as a main piece on their respective team aside from Steve Nash. I value winning basketball over individual accolades. Harden puts up dazzling numbers in the regular season but his style of basketball isn't good enough to get his team to the grandest stage of them all.
    So Russell is your all-time No. 1? Are Horry and Fisher better than guys like Barkley and Malone? Also, you're just looking at rings and series, but look at actual postseason performance. Payton has some of the worst postseason numbers of any star in NBA history. Dude was a horrible playoff performer.

Also, there's this little thing callef context, which is relevant when looking at guys like AI and Kidd, who made Finals appearances thanks to an atrocious, historically bad Eastern Conference in the early 2000s, but we both know you have no idea what context is.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    So Russell is your all-time No. 1? Are Horry and Fisher better than guys like Barkley and Malone? Also, you're just looking at rings and series, but look at actual postseason performance. Payton has some of the worst postseason numbers of any star in NBA history. Dude was a horrible playoff performer.

Also, there's this little thing callef context, which is relevant when looking at guys like AI and Kidd, who made Finals appearances thanks to an atrocious, historically bad Eastern Conference in the early 2000s, but we both know you have no idea what context is.
    You should re-read my post. Especially the part where it says "a main piece"

Instead of trying to poke holes in everything I say maybe just try and take it in? It's not that I hate James Harden. It's that he plays a style of basketball that just flat out sucks. My level of consistency really bothers you, eh?

Bill Russell wouldn't be my all time #1 but he'd be way ahead of James Harden. That's for sure.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 12-19-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Kemp didnt have the peak or the longevity. I dont even think hes top 20 at his position.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast