Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    Dennis Smith Jr.
    I think you had to be good at some point to count

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Wes Matthews & Marc Gasol

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I did a keyword search for "Rubio" on each of the thread pages so far and didn't see anything about him, but I think Ricky Rubio might be done as a starting level point guard.
    At only 30, Rubio is having his most inefficient season ever. Scoring, PER, true shooting, turnover percentage, defensive and offensive box plus/minus ó it's all garbage. The steals and rebounds are still there, but he's regressed to a negative on the defensive end.
    I wonder how much of this is Minnesota versus Rubio, but it can't all be on a crappy team. Rubio never fixed his shot, and now he's regressing significantly in the areas he was good at.
    To keep getting shipped off like he has been the last few years has got to take a toll. Especially after going to Utah and finally feeling what it was like to win. I just think he may be mentally checked out at the moment.

Name a player you think is DONE

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I did a keyword search for "Rubio" on each of the thread pages so far and didn't see anything about him, but I think Ricky Rubio might be done as a starting level point guard.
    At only 30, Rubio is having his most inefficient season ever. Scoring, PER, true shooting, turnover percentage, defensive and offensive box plus/minus ó it's all garbage. The steals and rebounds are still there, but he's regressed to a negative on the defensive end.
    I wonder how much of this is Minnesota versus Rubio, but it can't all be on a crappy team. Rubio never fixed his shot, and now he's regressing significantly in the areas he was good at.
    I havenít seen Rubio this year but I donít think he was ever a starting level PG. i think he was actually at his most impactful when the Jazz moved him off ball and used him more as a 3 and D guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I havenít seen Rubio this year but I donít think he was ever a starting level PG. i think he was actually at his most impactful when the Jazz moved him off ball and used him more as a 3 and D guy.

I don't think that's completely fair. Like Rubio has never been anything close to a star or what the world thought his potential might be when he was drafted, but he's at least been a competent starting PG in the past. He's never been an efficient scorer and has rarely been a quality 3-point shooter, but he consistently posted average to slightly above average advanced stats thanks to high assist and steal numbers. He was top 10 in the league in APG and AST% most of his time in Minnesota. Statistically his advanced numbers aren't that far off from Rondo's.

Also, he's coming off one of the best seasons of his career in Phoenix last season, so the awful start to this season is noteworthy, even though he's on a different team back in Minnesota. Hopefully this is a smalll sample size and he can recapture more of his game from last season. Dude averaged 13/9/5/1.4 last season and actually shot 36% from the 3-point line for the first time in his career. There are some playoff teams out there who would be happy to have that level of production from their starting PG.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 01-27-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Lol take

To circle back on Westbrook, I didn't get to watch much of the game last night between Washington and Houston, but a couple of things jumped out to me:

1. Social media posts after the game saying that Westbrook has scored 163 points this season on 163 shots, which is insane.
    2. Beal holding his head in his hands and shaking it in disbelief last night when Washington got blown out in the 4th. I feel like he thought he was getting an upgrade with the Westbrook/Wall trade, but that has just not been the case at all. I feel for the guy. Hope he gets traded to a contender at some pointóthis Washington experiment is a total disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    He supposedly isn't physically 100% which may be part of it. His rebounding suffers mostly from him not being near the basket on defense ... it's a small problem. The total lack of shooting is his biggest issue I think.

These two plays are perfect example of Draymonds good and bad https://youtu.be/nU2tOGoPGh0?t=105
    Maybe thatís why, but every time I watch him he looks slow and more athletic players are blowing by him. Thatís why I was thinking his lateral quickness ha deteriorated. It could be that heís still not 💯

Rubio was good his first Wolves run. I never understood why they traded him and got I think Teague.

Due most of his career I think Rubio was about as good as is possible for a guy playing on ball that couldnít drive or shoot.

I see a lot similarities bt him and current Lonzo Ball

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    To circle back on Westbrook, I didn't get to watch much of the game last night between Washington and Houston, but a couple of things jumped out to me:

1. Social media posts after the game saying that Westbrook has scored 163 points this season on 163 shots, which is insane.
    2. Beal holding his head in his hands and shaking it in disbelief last night when Washington got blown out in the 4th. I feel like he thought he was getting an upgrade with the Westbrook/Wall trade, but that has just not been the case at all. I feel for the guy. Hope he gets traded to a contender at some pointóthis Washington experiment is a total disaster.
    His own fault, he kept signing those extensions.

Reminds me of KG wasting years and years on Minni and then finally moves on and wins one ship before becoming a shell of his former self. After that I never blamed players for teaming up because I would never personally do what KG and Beal did which is literally waste their prime on franchises that are going no where. I think KG spent something like 12 seasons with the Twolves. And then another 2 at the end of his career. Beal is on his 9th with the Wizards, so my question is why is he only now starting to shake his head in disbelief?

But he canít shoot bruh

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    But he canít shoot bruh
    He shot 35% on decent attempts his first year with the Jazz. Not great but not terrible

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast