Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Draymond has been playing bad on the stats but hows his defense? Probably dropped off but is it all nba type?
    To me, and this is just the eye test.. but his lateral quickness has deteriorated. Blow by material.

Draymond is still a great defender. He makes a huge difference to the team. He's a team player and his impact on the game comes from more than just his individual play but from his teammates being in position because of him too.

Tony Allen and Shane Battier were similarly under-rated, and both were still very good NBA players until late in their careers.

Dray should have a few years of high end play left. I just wish his scoring/shooting wasn't so bad. That said, his scoring has gone up recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Draymond is still a great defender. He makes a huge difference to the team. He's a team player and his impact on the game comes from more than just his individual play but from his teammates being in position because of him too.

Tony Allen and Shane Battier were similarly under-rated, and both were still very good NBA players until late in their careers.

Dray should have a few years of high end play left. I just wish his scoring/shooting wasn't so bad. That said, his scoring has gone up recently.
    I'm not pretending to have watched a lot of GSW games but he's looked slow in the 2 games I did see and his rebounding is horrid. Regardless of how high his assist averages go, he'll never sniff another DPOY and his current output doesn't justify his salary.

I don't believe it's going to significantly change when/if Klay returns. I think he's clearly already on the decline this is not just a spell of bad games.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I'm not pretending to have watched a lot of GSW games but he's looked slow in the 2 games I did see and his rebounding is horrid. Regardless of how high his assist averages go, he'll never sniff another DPOY and his current output doesn't justify his salary.

I don't believe it's going to significantly change when/if Klay returns. I think he's clearly already on the decline this is not just a spell of bad games.
    He supposedly isn't physically 100% which may be part of it. His rebounding suffers mostly from him not being near the basket on defense ... it's a small problem. The total lack of shooting is his biggest issue I think.

These two plays are perfect example of Draymonds good and bad https://youtu.be/nU2tOGoPGh0?t=105

Does his decline end up like Noahs?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Does his decline end up like Noahs?
    Only if his injuries really pile up

Speaking of the Warriors, I was looking up their salaries for this season, and it's shocking to me that this team is 9-8 right now and looks to possibly be a playoff team when they're paying a combined $101.5 million for Klay, Draymond, Oubre and Wiggins combined. That's nearly an entire NBA roster's worth of salary tied up in a guy who won't play a game this season, two defensive-first guys shooting less than 24% from the 3-point line and Andrew Wiggins' 18 points per game.

I don't know how accurate Spotrac's numbers are, but it says their estimated luxury tax payment this year is going to be $137 million. I'm usually all spending to build a contender, but if I owned the team, I'd be looking to shed salary at the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Speaking of the Warriors, I was looking up their salaries for this season, and it's shocking to me that this team is 9-8 right now and looks to possibly be a playoff team when they're paying a combined $101.5 million for Klay, Draymond, Oubre and Wiggins combined. That's nearly an entire NBA roster's worth of salary tied up in a guy who won't play a game this season, two defensive-first guys shooting less than 24% from the 3-point line and Andrew Wiggins' 18 points per game.

I don't know how accurate Spotrac's numbers are, but it says their estimated luxury tax payment this year is going to be $137 million. I'm usually all spending to build a contender, but if I owned the team, I'd be looking to shed salary at the trade deadline.
    The problem Warriors ownership has is that they want to keep the salary as it allows them to trade for other players into those salary slots. Of course they REALLY want fans at games in their fancy new billion dollar arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The problem Warriors ownership has is that they want to keep the salary as it allows them to trade for other players into those salary slots. Of course they REALLY want fans at games in their fancy new billion dollar arena.
    That makes sense in theory, but who are they going to acquire with the $29.5M they're paying for Wiggins right now? And the way Oubre is playing, I don't think they're going to get much for his $14.4M even as an expiring. Hell, given Klay's injury, I'm not even sure they'd have many takers for his contract right now.

I just wonder how much cap flexibility that team really has moving forward. They're so far over the cap and will be for so many years because of the long-term deals on the books, that even a big expiring like Oubre doesn't help them much at all. And it's nice to have key players on long-term deals, but not if they're constantly getting injured (Klay), on the decline (Draymond) or were just bad contracts to begin with (Wiggins), those contracts aren't doing you any favors.

Wiseman is a nice piece and a huge asset to have. If he pans out and Klay can come back at some point next season as mostly the same guy he was pre-injury, I still think there's a chance this Warriors team could compete again with this core in place. But I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this core never gets past the second round of the playoffs ever again, and their best basketball is already miles behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    That makes sense in theory, but who are they going to acquire with the $29.5M they're paying for Wiggins right now? And the way Oubre is playing, I don't think they're going to get much for his $14.4M even as an expiring. Hell, given Klay's injury, I'm not even sure they'd have many takers for his contract right now.

I just wonder how much cap flexibility that team really has moving forward. They're so far over the cap and will be for so many years because of the long-term deals on the books, that even a big expiring like Oubre doesn't help them much at all. And it's nice to have key players on long-term deals, but not if they're constantly getting injured (Klay), on the decline (Draymond) or were just bad contracts to begin with (Wiggins), those contracts aren't doing you any favors.

Wiseman is a nice piece and a huge asset to have. If he pans out and Klay can come back at some point next season as mostly the same guy he was pre-injury, I still think there's a chance this Warriors team could compete again with this core in place. But I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this core never gets past the second round of the playoffs ever again, and their best basketball is already miles behind them.
    Oubre is an expiring with rights. He'll have to play much better for them to offer him a contract.

Also in the next draft the Warriors could end up with the #4 and #15 picks (absolute best case scenario).

Right now they are a decent team that is getting better for this year, after this year they realistically have maybe a couple more years where the old core start collectively then something is going to change. By then the hope is that Wiseman, and the possible two picks next year and a possible FA trade can make the difference. But no question it's not like they can expect to dominate.

I have watched quite a bit of draymond this season and the warriors had better hope he isn't playing at 100% cause if this is all he has then that contract will be an albatross soon. like draymond could get away with being bad on offense when they had Durant, Curry, and Klay out there, but that won't hold when this team is playing 4 and 5 constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I have watched quite a bit of draymond this season and the warriors had better hope he isn't playing at 100% cause if this is all he has then that contract will be an albatross soon. like draymond could get away with being bad on offense when they had Durant, Curry, and Klay out there, but that won't hold when this team is playing 4 and 5 constantly.
    There is a reason Kerr called him out for his total lack of offense.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Blake Griffin - Career low 13ppg on 38% from the field. He is shooting also averaging a career low 2.8 FTA per game down from 5.4 FTA per game last season.
    Pretty sure I saw a stat recently that said Blake has zero dunks this year, which is crazy to think about.
    When I think "Blake Griffin" I picture him posterizing dudes left and right.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Pretty sure I saw a stat recently that said Blake has zero dunks this year, which is crazy to think about.
    When I think "Blake Griffin" I picture him posterizing dudes left and right.
    Like half his shots this season are 3 pointers. Dude looks done.

I did a keyword search for "Rubio" on each of the thread pages so far and didn't see anything about him, but I think Ricky Rubio might be done as a starting level point guard.
    At only 30, Rubio is having his most inefficient season ever. Scoring, PER, true shooting, turnover percentage, defensive and offensive box plus/minus — it's all garbage. The steals and rebounds are still there, but he's regressed to a negative on the defensive end.
    I wonder how much of this is Minnesota versus Rubio, but it can't all be on a crappy team. Rubio never fixed his shot, and now he's regressing significantly in the areas he was good at.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast