Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 167

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,365

    Name a player you think is DONE

    Blake Griffin.

    Knicks played the Pistons twice already and yikes. 2 years ago when he was 29 he still put up monster numbers in Detroit. Career high 25ppg with 8rpg and 5apg. This BG just chills at the 3pt line and bombs away. Not aggressive at all offensively and still no impact defensively. Maybe he is saving himself in the preseason but what I saw was a shell of his former self.

    Who ya got?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,691
    Marc Gasol

    The idea of him starting for the Lakers or any team is laughable at this point.

    Mike Conley

    Done at least as a starter. He stepped up big time in the playoffs, but is likely in the bottom 10 starting PGs for the regular season now. Best suited for a bench role until playoff time like Dragić.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Marc Gasol

    The idea of him starting for the Lakers or any team is laughable at this point.


    Mike Conley

    Done at least as a starter. He stepped up big time in the playoffs, but is likely in the bottom 10 starting PGs for the regular season now. Best suited for a bench role until playoff time like Dragić.
    It actually hurt me to watch him play last season. I have no love for the Lakers but for Marc's sake I hope playing with Pau gives him some sort of resurgence.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Marc Gasol

    The idea of him starting for the Lakers or any team is laughable at this point.

    Mike Conley

    Done at least as a starter. He stepped up big time in the playoffs, but is likely in the bottom 10 starting PGs for the regular season now. Best suited for a bench role until playoff time like Dragic.
    Agree 100% on Marc as I take Dwight all day when healthy cause he's on of the few who can stop the Joker which AD can't. Marc is a good passer for a big man but that's it.

    https://youtu.be/scEItF90n58
    Glad we got Howard on our team for all the physical antics and easy put backs down low which hopefully will rub off on Embiid to play tougher

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    23,222
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Marc Gasol

    The idea of him starting for the Lakers or any team is laughable at this point.

    Mike Conley

    Done at least as a starter. He stepped up big time in the playoffs, but is likely in the bottom 10 starting PGs for the regular season now. Best suited for a bench role until playoff time like Dragić.
    have to call you out on Conley as least so far he has been amazing for us. 16/6/4 doesn't really show how great he has been for us.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,261
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Blake Griffin.

    Knicks played the Pistons twice already and yikes. 2 years ago when he was 29 he still put up monster numbers in Detroit. Career high 25ppg with 8rpg and 5apg. This BG just chills at the 3pt line and bombs away. Not aggressive at all offensively and still no impact defensively. Maybe he is saving himself in the preseason but what I saw was a shell of his former self.

    Who ya got?
    If so, that's sad. It's crazy to think he, Harden and Curry came from the same draft class, and Griffin was the clear cut consensus No. 1 pick. Harden and Curry will retire as all-time top 25 guys. Does Griffin even sniff top 100? I don't think he does. So much potential.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,365
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If so, that's sad. It's crazy to think he, Harden and Curry came from the same draft class, and Griffin was the clear cut consensus No. 1 pick. Harden and Curry will retire as all-time top 25 guys. Does Griffin even sniff top 100? I don't think he does. So much potential.
    He had a clear baseline for a classic Blake Griffin tomahawk dunk. Involuntarily, my body straightened up on my couch in preparation for my boy Mitchell Robinson to end up on ESPN. Dead serious. Then...nothing. I should have been relieved but I was actually disappointed haha.

    I'm not saying he will be out of the league so maybe "done" is strong but definitely not the same player I watched for the better part of a decade.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If so, that's sad. It's crazy to think he, Harden and Curry came from the same draft class, and Griffin was the clear cut consensus No. 1 pick. Harden and Curry will retire as all-time top 25 guys. Does Griffin even sniff top 100? I don't think he does. So much potential.
    In no order

    MJ
    KAJ
    Bird
    Magic
    Dream
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Wilt
    Timmy
    Dirk
    LeBron
    Wade
    GP
    Steph
    Stockton
    Malone
    Chuck
    Clyde
    AI
    KG
    Zeke
    Truth
    Pippen
    Admiral
    Reggie
    Kemp
    Nash
    Kidd

    28 players I'd put before Harden. There's probably more too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,261
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    In no order

    MJ
    KAJ
    Bird
    Magic
    Dream
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Wilt
    Timmy
    Dirk
    LeBron
    Wade
    GP
    Steph
    Stockton
    Malone
    Chuck
    Clyde
    AI
    KG
    Zeke
    Truth
    Pippen
    Admiral
    Reggie
    Kemp
    Nash
    Kidd

    28 players I'd put before Harden. There's probably more too.
    Cool. Notice I said "retire as" and the fact that Harden is only 31. Also, all-time lists are subjective, you would be the last person I would go to for your opinion on this, and you're completely missing the point of my post to hijack this and make it another anti-Harden thread.

    My point is simply that Griffin was practically considered a generational talent when he was drafted, and he's easily more physically gifted than James or Curry. But those guys have had vastly superior careers. Let's try to stay on topic, though. I'm not going to get into another Harden debate with you. God knows we have plenty of threads for that already.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Cool. Notice I said "retire as" and the fact that Harden is only 31. Also, all-time lists are subjective, you would be the last person I would go to for your opinion on this, and you're completely missing the point of my post to hijack this and make it another anti-Harden thread.

    My point is simply that Griffin was practically considered a generational talent when he was drafted, and he's easily more physically gifted than James or Curry. But those guys have had vastly superior careers. Let's try to stay on topic, though. I'm not going to get into another Harden debate with you. God knows we have plenty of threads for that already.
    Notice how the every player I listed is already retired aside from LeBron and Steph. It's because I know Harden won't surpass what they've already done. I can't believe I forgot KD too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,261
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Notice how the every player I listed is already retired aside from LeBron and Steph. It's because I know Harden won't surpass what they've already done. I can't believe I forgot KD too.
    I never said that I thought Harden was better than Curry, Lebron or KD historically. Those guys would also be in my top 25. Dope strawman argument, though! Pretty much what I've come to expect from you at this point.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,823
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    In no order

    MJ
    KAJ
    Bird
    Magic
    Dream
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Wilt
    Timmy
    Dirk
    LeBron
    Wade
    GP
    Steph
    Stockton
    Malone
    Chuck
    Clyde
    AI
    KG
    Zeke
    Truth
    Pippen
    Admiral
    Reggie
    Kemp
    Nash
    Kidd

    28 players I'd put before Harden.There's probably more too.
    Shawn Kemp though? He had a short prime. Id say AI is a good debate the rest I can aree with.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-18-2020 at 07:55 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Shawn Kemp though? He had a short prime. Id say AI is a good debate the rest I can aree with.
    He did have a short prime but he intimidated basically everyone on both ends of the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,823
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    He did have a short prime but he intimidated basically everyone on both ends of the floor.
    Cmon bro, youre telling me youd take Shawn Kemp over Harden? Kemp is not even a top 50 player. Probably not even top 75. Thats a far reach.

    Like I said I wont argue many others but I think you need to take a closer look at the numbers.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-19-2020 at 12:52 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,437
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    In no order

    MJ
    KAJ
    Bird
    Magic
    Dream
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Wilt
    Timmy
    Dirk
    LeBron
    Wade
    GP
    Steph
    Stockton
    Malone
    Chuck
    Clyde
    AI
    KG
    Zeke
    Truth
    Pippen
    Admiral
    Reggie
    Kemp
    Nash
    Kidd

    28 players I'd put before Harden. There's probably more too.
    He might have bias but your harden hate is also similar.... by the time harden is done he will be ahead of guys like reggie/AI/Kidd/Nash etc

    in fact id take prime harden over prime nash/reggie. When did everyone start hating harden so much that he has actually become underrated lol

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •