Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nets have interest in Cavs Javale McGee and Kevin Love

Just getting off that Love contract would be a blessing lol

Javale is good for them. Will just be an energetic guy who just focuses on rebounds, blocks and the occasional lob.

Lol at Love. Toob ad he keeps getting injured. I would like to see him on a team like say Portland or Denver or something.

can they give their future 2nds in perpetuity

Kevin Love has been done for years. He'd be great as a ring chasing minimum player, not paying him $30M+.

I don't believe this report simply for the fact they even mentioned Love given the Nets current contracts.

Whoa, financially it could actually work.

McGee absorbed into the DPE.

Then Love for DJ, Dinwiddie, Shamet and Claxton.

Now why the Nets want Love, who is on the wrong side of 30, sucks at defense and can't stay healthy, I have no clue. Plus McGee and DJ are pretty much a wash.

From the Cavs perspective, take all the Nets remaining draft picks and the last $2-ish million cash they have. If Claxton has arthritis in his knees, cut him next season as it's non-guaranteed. Shamet is a cheap shooter and Dinwiddie can pick up his option after that severe injury or walk, either way is fine. Cavs could even facilitate a Sign and Trade for him this summer, for more assets, if they wanted.

Biggest sticking point would be DJ, but he can still contribute. Plus he's $20 million cheaper annually than Love over the same contract length and fits the style of play, defense first the Cavs are building.

That's a kind of works financially. I bet Kyrie and KD would have a hissy fit after giving up money to get their buddy DJ paid. Besides it still leaves them with the same issue of being thin at C.

Unless this is the situation where Cleveland says "**** it we'll take Kyrie."

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That's a kind of works financially. I bet Kyrie and KD would have a hissy fit after giving up money to get their buddy DJ paid. Besides it still leaves them with the same issue of being thin at C.

Unless this is the situation where Cleveland says "**** it we'll take Kyrie."
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. It would open up 2 additional roster spots though.

They have Jeff Green who could slot in at the 4 when Love inevitably gets hurt.

Not sure why the rumor was floated, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

Now why the Nets want Love, who is on the wrong side of 30, sucks at defense and can't stay healthy, I have no clue. Plus McGee and DJ are pretty much a wash.

From the Cavs perspective, take all the Nets remaining draft picks and the last $2-ish million cash they have. If Claxton has arthritis in his knees, cut him next season as it's non-guaranteed. Shamet is a cheap shooter and Dinwiddie can pick up his option after that severe injury or walk, either way is fine. Cavs could even facilitate a Sign and Trade for him this summer, for more assets, if they wanted.

Biggest sticking point would be DJ, but he can still contribute. Plus he's $20 million cheaper annually than Love over the same contract length and fits the style of play, defense first the Cavs are building.
    It would make no sense at all for BK

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

Wouldn’t McGee need to be a separate deal if they wanted to do a DPE?

I think the Nets aren’t serious and want to use a bunch of talks like that to leak to let guys know they are interested should they be bought out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Love would catapult the Nets from being a fringe playoff contender into a multi-year championship squad.

I hope that's what they're thinking.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    can they give their future 2nds in perpetuity
    I think it's up to 7 years out.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Wouldn’t McGee need to be a separate deal if they wanted to do a DPE?

I think the Nets aren’t serious and want to use a bunch of talks like that to leak to let guys know they are interested should they be bought out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, just do the McGee into the DPE first, then the Love trade is separate.

They could also wait a few weeks to include Harris but that makes even less sense.

Nets have to sign someone by Thursday to comply with league rules, regardless.

Kevin Love sucks... over rated even when he was good, way over paid. I think he’ll be a ball boy by the end of his contract.

Reuniting 2017&2018 Warriors champs Kevin Durant & JaVale McGee

Reuniting 2016 Cavs champs Kyrie Irving & Kevin Love

And you have James Harden on the team

This team will be STACKED !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast