Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    His own fault, he kept signing those extensions.

Reminds me of KG wasting years and years on Minni and then finally moves on and wins one ship before becoming a shell of his former self. After that I never blamed players for teaming up because I would never personally do what KG and Beal did which is literally waste their prime on franchises that are going no where. I think KG spent something like 12 seasons with the Twolves. And then another 2 at the end of his career. Beal is on his 9th with the Wizards, so my question is why is he only now starting to shake his head in disbelief?
    To be fair there, there's a very real contradiction in the way the NBA fan usually thinks about All-Star players. If a guy stays with one team his whole career and wins nothing, it's his fault for not winning anything and being more successful, regardless of his supporting cast or front office competency. But the second that guy leaves to join a better team, he's a ring chaser and gave up on his franchise to take the easy way out.

It's a lose-lose proposition for NBA players. He'll get criticism for signing those extensions and playing for a losing team, but if demanded a trade tomorrow, he'd get equal criticism (if not more criticism) for not being more loyal to the Wizards.

This is why I ultimately don't hate on guys like Lebron, Durant or Harden for wanting out of the teams that drafted them to go play for better teams. Because those same fans that criticized them for jumping ship are some of the same ones who were critical when they were in Cleveland, OKC and Houston. Ultimately players have to do what's best for their own careers, legacies and families. I'd have zero problem if Beal did the same.

Name a player you think is DONE

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    To be fair there, there's a very real contradiction in the way the NBA fan usually thinks about All-Star players. If a guy stays with one team his whole career and wins nothing, it's his fault for not winning anything and being more successful, regardless of his supporting cast or front office competency. But the second that guy leaves to join a better team, he's a ring chaser and gave up on his franchise to take the easy way out.

It's a lose-lose proposition for NBA players. He'll get criticism for signing those extensions and playing for a losing team, but if demanded a trade tomorrow, he'd get equal criticism (if not more criticism) for not being more loyal to the Wizards.

This is why I ultimately don't hate on guys like Lebron, Durant or Harden for wanting out of the teams that drafted them to go play for better teams. Because those same fans that criticized them for jumping ship are some of the same ones who were critical when they were in Cleveland, OKC and Houston. Ultimately players have to do what's best for their own careers, legacies and families. I'd have zero problem if Beal did the same.
    He is free to leave when his contract is up. If they want better then that they should give up the guaranteed money. Honestly I think they should suspend the **** out of guys like Harden, AD, etc who force there why out
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

To circle back on Westbrook, I didn't get to watch much of the game last night between Washington and Houston, but a couple of things jumped out to me:

1. Social media posts after the game saying that Westbrook has scored 163 points this season on 163 shots, which is insane.
    2. Beal holding his head in his hands and shaking it in disbelief last night when Washington got blown out in the 4th. I feel like he thought he was getting an upgrade with the Westbrook/Wall trade, but that has just not been the case at all. I feel for the guy. Hope he gets traded to a contender at some pointóthis Washington experiment is a total disaster.
    They would be better off with Wall and the pick. Houston lucked out jettisoning RWB when they did, or maybe they saw the writing on the wall after the playoffs. Beal is gone for sure now, RWB will take it as a sign of disrespect and embolden himself to take on an even greater role. Best tank commander in basketball

His own fault, he kept signing those extensions.

Reminds me of KG wasting years and years on Minni and then finally moves on and wins one ship before becoming a shell of his former self. After that I never blamed players for teaming up because I would never personally do what KG and Beal did which is literally waste their prime on franchises that are going no where. I think KG spent something like 12 seasons with the Twolves. And then another 2 at the end of his career. Beal is on his 9th with the Wizards, so my question is why is he only now starting to shake his head in disbelief?
    Players go into a situation thinking they can turn it around. I know KG regrets not leaving sooner but I hope he understands he was never built that way in his youth. It took alot more than it should have for him to leave, and for that, we as fans missed out on what KG could have been when surrounded by actual talent. They should have never traded away Ray Allen and Washington should have never traded for RWB, even just not having him on the team would make them better imo. If only he was happy coming off the bench.

Beal has been in Washington a long while but he really only broke out into his own alil while back and jumped up another level as the sole star of his team an even shorter while back. I think hes adequately fed up to want out by now, he prolly enjoyed dominating the ball on sub.500 squads the last 2 years, especially after years of playing behind Wall. But now hes losing AND sharing the ball with RWB, thats gotta be infuriating. OR Im reading way too much into this and hes actually liking posting the best numbers of his career and we're just a few games away from RWB figuring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He is free to leave when his contract is up. If they want better then that they should give up the guaranteed money. Honestly I think they should suspend the **** out of guys like Harden, AD, etc who force there why out
    To be fair to James, he played for Houston and even played well there for a few games before the wheels really came off. Plus, he never publicly demanded a trade. Missing time due to obvious COVID protocol violations was deserving of suspension for sure. But him telling the team "I want out" while still doing his job and playing 35+ minutes a game doesn't. Also, I'm pretty sure the player's association wouldn't allow it.

Name a player you think is DONE

To be fair to James, he played for Houston and even played well there for a few games before the wheels really came off. Plus, he never publicly demanded a trade. Missing time due to obvious COVID protocol violations was deserving of suspension for sure. But him telling the team "I want out" while still doing his job and playing 35+ minutes a game doesn't. Also, I'm pretty sure the player's association wouldn't allow it.
    You have a point. Maybe if the league made an real example out of the one who refused to play like AD it would create an atmosphere where teams could reel in guys idk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

To me itís very cut and dry. You can be Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton if you want too. But no one, and I mean absolutely no one gives praise to a player that stays with the same team anymore. Itís a thing of the past. Also Reggie is legit the only who didnít try to go and team up with other stars. Barkley did, Malone and Stockton did... they just failed.

I think by now players & fans realize there is no loyalty. Teams are not loyal to players and players therefore have no dier need to be loyal to teams. Derozan was a Raptor for 10 years. As loyal as they come and he was shipped off for a 1 year rental of Kawhi. John Wall was shipped off for RW. Beal thinks the Wizards are loyal? To who? Him and only him? If he was 31 they woulda packaged and sent him out pronto.

If a player is elite and is on a team thatís not giving him a chance to win, itís pretty much a far gone conclusion that he will leave and if he doesnít itís his fault. Thatís why I donít feel bad for Beal. Itís only his fault that heís stuck there and wasting his career. No one elses. But hey maybe one day Wizards fans will say things like Beal is a wizard for life.. I guess thatís the consolation prize.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-28-2021 at 02:42 PM.

I dont have a problem if guys leave but just do it respectfully. If you want to be tradrd, don't be a dick and not give full effort, come in out of shape or make it complicated for your GM to do their job. If you want to leave in FA, dont bash people once you leave.

I dont see the big deal in how many colors your wear playing basketball. No one ever has the same situation so its irrelevant. Everyone has a breaking point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Players go into a situation thinking they can turn it around. I know KG regrets not leaving sooner but I hope he understands he was never built that way in his youth. It took alot more than it should have for him to leave, and for that, we as fans missed out on what KG could have been when surrounded by actual talent. They should have never traded away Ray Allen and Washington should have never traded for RWB, even just not having him on the team would make them better imo. If only he was happy coming off the bench.

Beal has been in Washington a long while but he really only broke out into his own alil while back and jumped up another level as the sole star of his team an even shorter while back. I think hes adequately fed up to want out by now, he prolly enjoyed dominating the ball on sub.500 squads the last 2 years, especially after years of playing behind Wall. But now hes losing AND sharing the ball with RWB, thats gotta be infuriating. OR Im reading way too much into this and hes actually liking posting the best numbers of his career and we're just a few games away from RWB figuring it out.
    Beal has been great the last couple seasons, I think he officially entered his prime the season before last. Im sure he realizes that some of this is inflated stats on a bad team though. He needs to ask for a trade ASAP because heís at a point now where if he stays there another few years his own personal window will close on him. Like if he believed he could help the Wizards turn it around, Iím sure at this point reality has set in.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I dont have a problem if guys leave but just do it respectfully. If you want to be tradrd, don't be a dick and not give full effort, come in out of shape or make it complicated for your GM to do their job. If you want to leave in FA, dont bash people once you leave.
    Like take the human element out of it? Thatís no fun for us bro lol.

There are so many examples of players being upset with the FO they were loyal to. Just look at Pippen or Ewing as classic examples. I think players realize they are simply guns for hire and theyíve adapted to that mentality. Who is a mercenary loyal too?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-28-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Like take the human element out of it? Thatís no fun for us bro lol.

There are so many examples of players being upset with the FO they were loyal to. Just look at Pippen or Ewing as classic examples. I think players realize they are simply guns for hire and theyíve adapted to that mentality. Who is a mercenary loyal too?
    To be fair, these guys understand that its a business. I dont think people should do "wrong" things to make things right. I never actually agreed with Pippen as an example. He signed a contract so I didnt mind that they didnt change his contract. If he wants to be paid, learn from it and price it in when you negotiate next time with another team or an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    To be fair, these guys understand that its a business. I dont think people should do "wrong" things to make things right. I never actually agreed with Pippen as an example. He signed a contract so I didnt mind that they didnt change his contract. If he wants to be paid, learn from it and price it in when you negotiate next time with another team or an extension.
    Iím just saying itís only human for players to become disgruntled. Doing the respectful thing would be ideal but we know the reality is things can get messy.

Iím just saying itís only human for players to become disgruntled. Doing the respectful thing would be ideal but we know the reality is things can get messy.
    Yea I get what you mean. For me thats when criticisms of player become warranted. If you want to make it messy (before or after the fact), these players cant cry when they hear the boos or criticisms. Cant get what you want and be liked all the time, especially when you may bebat fault.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You have a point. Maybe if the league made an real example out of the one who refused to play like AD it would create an atmosphere where teams could reel in guys idk
    It would probably take a team refusing to trade the player then start fining them for every game they refuse to play.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast