Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Name a player you think is DONE

Blake Griffin.

Knicks played the Pistons twice already and yikes. 2 years ago when he was 29 he still put up monster numbers in Detroit. Career high 25ppg with 8rpg and 5apg. This BG just chills at the 3pt line and bombs away. Not aggressive at all offensively and still no impact defensively. Maybe he is saving himself in the preseason but what I saw was a shell of his former self.

Who ya got?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Marc Gasol

The idea of him starting for the Lakers or any team is laughable at this point.

Mike Conley

Done at least as a starter. He stepped up big time in the playoffs, but is likely in the bottom 10 starting PGs for the regular season now. Best suited for a bench role until playoff time like Dragić.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Blake Griffin.

Knicks played the Pistons twice already and yikes. 2 years ago when he was 29 he still put up monster numbers in Detroit. Career high 25ppg with 8rpg and 5apg. This BG just chills at the 3pt line and bombs away. Not aggressive at all offensively and still no impact defensively. Maybe he is saving himself in the preseason but what I saw was a shell of his former self.

Who ya got?
    If so, that's sad. It's crazy to think he, Harden and Curry came from the same draft class, and Griffin was the clear cut consensus No. 1 pick. Harden and Curry will retire as all-time top 25 guys. Does Griffin even sniff top 100? I don't think he does. So much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If so, that's sad. It's crazy to think he, Harden and Curry came from the same draft class, and Griffin was the clear cut consensus No. 1 pick. Harden and Curry will retire as all-time top 25 guys. Does Griffin even sniff top 100? I don't think he does. So much potential.
    He had a clear baseline for a classic Blake Griffin tomahawk dunk. Involuntarily, my body straightened up on my couch in preparation for my boy Mitchell Robinson to end up on ESPN. Dead serious. Then...nothing. I should have been relieved but I was actually disappointed haha.

I'm not saying he will be out of the league so maybe "done" is strong but definitely not the same player I watched for the better part of a decade.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Marc Gasol

Mike Conley

Done at least as a starter. He stepped up big time in the playoffs, but is likely in the bottom 10 starting PGs for the regular season now. Best suited for a bench role until playoff time like Dragić.
    Yeah kinda sucks to be paying that dude over 30mill this season. Oof. But it is what it is. I agree that he's probably in the bottom 10 as far as starting PGs and I really don't like having a 3 guard rotation of Conley, Mitchell, Clarkson. Way too small and not enough D IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Blake Griffin.

Who ya got?
    i think Griffin is more just mentally checked out playing for the Pistons. After those off season moves I cant blame him

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i think Griffin is more just mentally checked out playing for the Pistons. After those off season moves I cant blame him
    Possible. But I just don't think the hops are there anymore. Makes what LeBron is doing at 35 even more impressive that BG might be cooked at 31. We will see if his post, passing, and shooting skills keep him relevant.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Marc Gasol

Mike Conley

It actually hurt me to watch him play last season. I have no love for the Lakers but for Marc's sake I hope playing with Pau gives him some sort of resurgence.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Kemba Walker. That knee isnít right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In no order

MJ
    KAJ
    Bird
    Magic
    Dream
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Wilt
    Timmy
    Dirk
    LeBron
    Wade
    GP
    Steph
    Stockton
    Malone
    Chuck
    Clyde
    AI
    KG
    Zeke
    Truth
    Pippen
    Admiral
    Reggie
    Kemp
    Nash
    Kidd

28 players I'd put before Harden. There's probably more too.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    In no order

MJ
    KAJ
    Bird
    Magic
    Dream
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Wilt
    Timmy
    Dirk
    LeBron
    Wade
    GP
    Steph
    Stockton
    Malone
    Chuck
    Clyde
    AI
    KG
    Zeke
    Truth
    Pippen
    Admiral
    Reggie
    Kemp
    Nash
    Kidd

28 players I'd put before Harden. There's probably more too.
    Cool. Notice I said "retire as" and the fact that Harden is only 31. Also, all-time lists are subjective, you would be the last person I would go to for your opinion on this, and you're completely missing the point of my post to hijack this and make it another anti-Harden thread.

My point is simply that Griffin was practically considered a generational talent when he was drafted, and he's easily more physically gifted than James or Curry. But those guys have had vastly superior careers. Let's try to stay on topic, though. I'm not going to get into another Harden debate with you. God knows we have plenty of threads for that already.

Cool. Notice I said "retire as" and the fact that Harden is only 31. Also, all-time lists are subjective, you would be the last person I would go to for your opinion on this, and you're completely missing the point of my post to hijack this and make it another anti-Harden thread.

My point is simply that Griffin was practically considered a generational talent when he was drafted, and he's easily more physically gifted than James or Curry. But those guys have had vastly superior careers. Let's try to stay on topic, though. I'm not going to get into another Harden debate with you. God knows we have plenty of threads for that already.
    Notice how the every player I listed is already retired aside from LeBron and Steph. It's because I know Harden won't surpass what they've already done. I can't believe I forgot KD too.

Notice how the every player I listed is already retired aside from LeBron and Steph. It's because I know Harden won't surpass what they've already done. I can't believe I forgot KD too.
    I never said that I thought Harden was better than Curry, Lebron or KD historically. Those guys would also be in my top 25. Dope strawman argument, though! Pretty much what I've come to expect from you at this point.

I never said that I thought Harden was better than Curry, Lebron or KD historically. Those guys would also be in my top 25. Dope strawman argument, though! Pretty much what I've come to expect from you at this point.
    I know you didn't. I just listed 29 players who are better than Harden ever will be to dispute your claim that he'll retire top 25.

I know you didn't. I just listed 29 players who are better than Harden ever will be to dispute your claim that he'll retire top 25.
    Cool. I disagree with that list. Most people would, too, because all-time lists are subjective. I would have him higher than at least 8-9 of those guys and arguably higher than 11-12. I could give you great justification for why that includes a million different stats, accolades and pieces of context and you'd come back with: "Lulz! Harden's fat! Look at his AST/TO ratio! He's a choker!"

Since we know where that debate is headed, let's just leave it at that, huh? We agree to disagree, and let's stick to the topic at hand.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast