Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trade assets on this team ?

I just look at this roster and wonder what is it that we realistically have to trade. I am considering only RJ and Obi as keepers and everyone else expendable. I also consider our first rounders and this years Dallas pick as keepers. So we have second rounders and the 2023 Dallas first rounder to trade. I am thinking Burke, Rivers, Noel, and Randall as potential deadline trade pieces, but realistically with no free agent prizes of note for next offseason who will need to urgently free up cap space so that makes these players less valuable as salary dump pieces. Love to hear what you guys have to add. Just want to make this one point- Randall is not going to attract attention from teams because of his playing style. The only value Randall has is his contract to dump a worse contract with so the Knicks should bench him and develop Obi. Playing Randall does not raise his value at all so donít mess with Obi, play Obi.

No player is untradeable as we saw John Wall get traded but we simply do not have players that are valued by the rest of the league. Excluding RJ Barrett and Toppin, I'd say most of the other players aren't even worth 2nd rounders. And I cannot see any team trading for Randle. He simply doesn't make anyone better. Maybe some playoff team wants him as a scoring punch off the bench but I don't see that team right now.

Trade assets

DSJ
    Knox
    Randle
    Burks
    Plus your Dallas picks

All in a huge blockbuster package to land James Harden

Or the Knicks wait until free agency summer 2021 and they go after either Oladipo, Gobert, Drummond, Lowry, DeRozan, Blake Griffin, Jrue Holiday since he has a player option or the biggest fish Kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Trade assets

DSJ
    Knox
    Randle
    Burks
    Plus your Dallas picks

All in a huge blockbuster package to land James Harden

Or the Knicks wait until free agency summer 2021 and they go after either Oladipo, Gobert, Drummond, Lowry, DeRozan, Blake Griffin, Jrue Holiday since he has a player option or the biggest fish Kawhi
    That ďpackageĒ is straight trash. How many picks, 6?

And that whole FA class is meh. Thatís what we are waiting for? A lot of them would fit though, canít shoot..
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 12-17-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    That ďpackageĒ is straight trash. How many picks, 6?

And that whole FA class is meh. Thatís what we are waiting for? A lot of them would fit though, canít shoot..
    Leonard + Jrue would be nice 😁😁
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

The NBA trades are about as ridiculous as the price for a share of Bitcoin.

The Knicks most valuable asset is the draft picks. Teams know, the Knicks suck harder than Jenna Jameson and 10 feet of garden hose. Therefore getting a Knicks' draft pick is on par with getting a special lottery ticket.

The next tier of assets would be RJ Barrett and Oldie Toppin, both players ready to step in and contribute.

Then come the assets worth a late first rounder or multiple second rounders because they have baggage. Dennis Smith Jr because "Dennys" is always open. Also Mitchell Robinson who is frustratingly dominant but picks up 5 fouls faster than a Lamborghini cruising through LA. Julius Randle who makes Elfrid Payton's stats look better than they actually are. Conversely Payton props up Randle.

Then comes assets you couldn't give away. If Frank Ntilikina continues to get DNP from the coach, then he's gonna get let go. I just hope the young man goes someplace where they actually support and develop Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Leonard + Jrue would be nice 😁😁
    Kawhi is 100% not coming here lol. Not even entertaining the thought

How much we paying for Jrue? I mean heís good, but heís not all that. Gets hyped up a ton for a guy that has made one all star team, and doesnít do a ton of winning. Thatís who we have been saving for? Heís not coming here for less than 30 per on a 3-4 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Kawhi is 100% not coming here lol. Not even entertaining the thought

How much we paying for Jrue? I mean heís good, but heís not all that. Gets hyped up a ton for a guy that has made one all star team, and doesnít do a ton of winning. Thatís who we have been saving for? Heís not coming here for less than 30 per on a 3-4 year deal.
    I was just busting chops I donít want jrue. We wonít get either anyway. Iíd take Jrue at any price if leoanrd came. Obviously he isnít. I do think itís possible Leonard leaves if they lose again before the finals
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I was just busting chops I donít want jrue. We wonít get either anyway. Iíd take Jrue at any price if leoanrd came. Obviously he isnít. I do think itís possible Leonard leaves if they lose again before the finals
    Only we KL comes here is if we get the first over all pick, RJ and Obi demonstrate all star potential, Mitch shows himself to be a player who can play 35 minutes a game at a high level, Knox develops to a reliable starter level player. Plus we hit on a good picks with our other picks or trade them for another key rotation piece and have a team ready made for him to lead.

We don't really have trade assets. We have players that we should keep (RJ, Obi, Quickley, Mitch) and players that are on expirings contracts (Randle, Payton, Bullock). Also it doesn't make much sense for a rebuilding team like us to trade our draft picks.

The only possible trade asset would be Alec Burks to a contender at the deadline for a late 1st. It would just be Marcus Morris all over again. I wouldn't mind that.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Hey we got assets now with Randall, Obi, Burke, and Noel. Plus cap space and draft picks if you want to include them.

Our assets are Julius Randle, Alec Burke, and Obi Toppin who could get you a first round pick. Then we have guys like Knox, Frank, Noel, and Bullock who could get you like a second round pick or be an added piece to a trade

Mitch and RJ I think are our borderline untouchable although I truly think no one is truly untouchable but you won't get equal value for them.

Imho DSJ has no value, Payton has basically no value, and IQ would net you less than his draft slot

The rotation pieces I like right now, are Randle, Robinson, Noel, Burkes, Payton, Bullock, Toppin, Quickley, and Barrett.
    I do want to see what a full year of Thibs will do for Knox.
    The rest can be traded for spare parts IMO.

players only have value if another team is interested and has value to return.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    players only have value if another team is interested and has value to return.
    Timing is everything. Randall if he balls all year, he will have value in the offseason because he might be better then anything available in free agency and the Knicks can demand a good package,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast