View Poll Results: Bauer or Springer

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bauer

6 37.50%
  • Springer

10 62.50%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    we won't get both Springer and Bauer, maybe just one. Does the addition of either one add enough value to this team considering for the cost of approx. $30 per year for either one? I think the Mets are telling both of them we can go into this year as competitors for the WS without either of you. And there aren't too many teams that can give either of them the $30M for 5 years that they are seeking. I think the Lindor trade just might preclude the Mets from Springer at this point, given that the Mets will obviously want to extend Lindor who is younger and arguably more important to the team. Add to that the need to extend Conforto also, the Mets have to be out.

If Bauer takes a one year deal, him.

If not, Jackie Bradley and Tanaka...though I might be under-estimating how much both will end up getting, I am assuming less than I would have expected in a more normal offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    I say neither. A true Cy Young award caliber pitcher would have a lifetime ERA under 3.00. Bauer's is just under 4.00 and looks like another Porcello to me. As for Springer, there is no guarantee that he will be playing centerfield for the entirety of his contract.
    Teams care about projections more than they care about past track record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Springer and Hand over Bauer now that we got Carrasco. Our starting rotation is fine, we have 3 top level starters, with 4 if Thor recovers well and gets back on track. We need to be able to hit.

Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo
    Sandy Alderson on George Springer:

"Given the level of excitement, enthusiasm surrounding the Mets, I don't think we've been crossed off his list. ... I would say that we're still engaged, in a loose sense, with Springer."
    Last edited by Claymation; 01-12-2021 at 06:34 PM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo
    Sandy Alderson on George Springer:

"Given the level of excitement, enthusiasm surrounding the Mets, I don't think we've been crossed off his list. ... I would say that we're still engaged, in a loose sense, with Springer."
    Hmmm

I get the feeling that at this point neither are happening. I think the Lindor trade was the big move. Plus signing Springer and/or Bauer comes with losing draft picks and I think they want to add more to the farm system especially after losing Gimenez,Wolf, and Greene.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    I get the feeling that at this point neither are happening. I think the Lindor trade was the big move. Plus signing Springer and/or Bauer comes with losing draft picks and I think they want to add more to the farm system especially after losing Gimenez,Wolf, and Greene.
    I can see that. Especially with Bauer, considering the current rotation. But with SA calling the engagement with Springer "loose". I take that as still talking only because the market is so slow right now. Staying engaged in case the price drops. Though we have a lot of guesses as to where Springer is with his demands. The moment an actual price for him surfaces...and it will...they are out.

Michael Mayer
    Heyman on WFAN when asked about the Mets and Springer, "I think they have a good chance."

Notes that the Jays have been interested in a ton of players, but have yet to land anyone.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Dynamics changed dramatically.... the Mets can wait it out now. The market can come to them.
    Maybe grab a defense only cf now on the cheap.... and if we can get a bargain then take it. If not pass till next year...

Honestly I don’t think either. Lindor was the big move. I also don’t think Sandy wants to lose draft picks given that we lost a lot of prospects over two years and they said they want to build the farm system

The Jays will probably get Springer now that DJ signed with the Yankees. I feel they have to make a move and that is probably the best move they can make.

Hand and Bradley looks like the best they can do while staying under the luxury tax threshold.

Ozuna would be a nice fall back, you can still play Nimmo in CF, play Ozuna in LF. Plus he wouldn't be a full commitment in either years or salary.

Martino posted an intriguing scenario of 7 years 130M so Springer gets his contract and we won't be above luxury cap. Wonder how this works if we have something like 7 years 130M with player opt out?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast