Well, itís starting to come clear on who should and who shouldnít make the roster for the start of the year. I will say, having so many bodies in camp really made it competitive and I hope they go with the players who deserve it.

Rotation:
1. Matthew Boyd, LHP
2. Spencer Turnbull, RHP
Both these guys have earned a spot and solidified their top two spots in the rotation.

3. Tarik Skubal, LHP
The rookie has really pitched well and looks to be mature enough to handle a rotation spot.

4. Jose Urena, RHP
5. Julio Teheran, RHP
Two after thoughts for me that are really proving to be deserving of a rotation spot.

Toledo- Michael Fulmer, RHP
Toledo- Casey Mize, RHP

Fuller is not the same pitcher he once was and donít think he ever will be, what a shame. I think he ends up in Toledo to work things out or could be the pen but I wouldnít put him in the pen. Mize, just isnít ready with his poise and control yet. Still a lot of potential but taking longer than I thought. He too will go to Toledo.

Bullpen:
1. Gregory Soto, LH
I think he is the clear cut favorite for closer. Will be a bit of adventure sometimes but should be fine.

2. Buck Farmer, RH
3. Jose Cisnero, RH
Two BP guys from last year who should be in the pen again, even though they are not having great springs.

4. Daniel Norris, LH
5. Tyler Alexander, LH
Both guys are having decent springs but wonít make the rotation. Both showed well in the pen last year so both will stay thereÖ.for now.

6. Derek Holland, LH
7. Ian Kroll, LH
Both non-roster invites are showing extremely well and deserve a spot. This puts 5 lefties in the pen so if they donít want to do that then replace Kroll with the best RH pitcher left or Fulmer.

Toledo- Bryan Garcia, RH
Just not having a great or good spring. Will end up being the Mud Hens closer. Too bad, I like the kid.

TRADE- Joe Jimenez, RH
He just isnít going to make it in my opinion and is out of options. Not sure if there is much interest anymore in this kid as he is losing his MPH as he ages.

Catcher:
1. Wilson Ramos, RH
2. Grayson Greiner, RH
I just donít see anyone taking the step to claim Greinerís spot and Ramos is a given as the starting catcher.

Toledo- Jake Rogers, RH
Toledo- Eric Haase, RH

Haase is playing well this spring but he isnít a great defensive catcher so Greiner has a definite edge. Rogers, what can I say, kid has been given every opportunity and just canít grab hold.

Infield:
1 Miguel Cabrera, RH
Starting DH, occasional 1B and I am alright with this happening.

2. Jonathan Schoop, RH
Starting 2B, with moving to 1B and possibly 3B on occasion. Eventually Paredes, Castro, or someone will take his spot and I expect more 1B for him.

3. Willi Castro, SH
Starting SS until he proves his fielding needs him to move spots.

4. Jeimer Candelario, SH
Starting 3B or 1B on a regular basis. He will stay at 3B when Tork is ready to play in the MLB at 1B

5. Harold Castro, LH
I think heís a lock just due to his LH bat and how many positions he can play.

6. Niko Goodrum, SH
Bats slowed down but he can still play positions well and will get his AB this year.

7. Renato Nunez, RH
His power potential keeps him on the roster over some others. He will be your regular 1B to start.
Toledo- Isaac Paredes, RH
If he would have had a better spring with the bat, he would have stuck. Love this kid so it wonít be long.

Outfield:
1. Robbie Grossman, SH
The starting LF out of the gates.
2. Nomar Mazara, LH
The starting RF out of the gates. Looks good so far, letís hope he can maintain it into the season.
3. Victor Reyes, SH
The starting CF out of the gates. He hits much better and plays CF just short of Jacoby so he should start.
4. Akil Baddoo, LH
I know he hasnít played above single A but the kid is showing up every day. I donít think we can get the Twins to trade him to us, so we are going to have to keep him on our roster.

TRADE- Jacoby Jones, RH

I know, everyone loves him, but truth be told he hasnít been very good except for his fielding. This was alright for our last few years but we need to make some ground and hitting sub or right around .200 isnít going to cut it. Reyes and Baddoo can fill CF and Goodrum/Castro can play the OF as well if needed. I think it's time to part ways with Jones, unfortunately.

Batting Order:
1. Grossman, LF- SH
2. Castro, SS- SH
3. Candelario, 3B- SH
4. Miggy, DH- RH
5. Ramos, C- RH
6. Mazara, RF- LH
7. Nunez, 1B- RH
8. Schoop, 2B- RH
9. Reyes, CF- SH

This should be much better than I can remember in a long time.