Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    It was a lot more than I thought he would get, but much like how the arbitration numbers came in at, Dodgers are awarding their own.

We are absolutely deep now and I would guess pretty much done.

2021 Defending Champion Los Angeles Dodgers

Lineup

RF Mookie Betts (R)
    SS Corey Seager (L)
    3B Justin Turner (R)
    CF Cody Bellinger (L)
    C Will Smith (R)
    1B Max Muncy (L)
    LF A.J. Pollock (R)
    2B Gavin Lux (L)

Extended Bench

IF Chris Taylor (R)
    IF Edwin Rios (L)
    IF Sheldon Neuse (R)
    IF Zach McKinstry (L)
    IF Jacob Amaya (R)*
    C Austin Barnes (R)
    C Keibert Ruiz (S)
    OF Matt Beaty (L)
    OF Zach Reks (L)
    OF D.J. Peters (R)
    OF Luke Raley (L)

Rotation

RHP Walker Buehler
    LHP Clayton Kershaw
    RHP Trevor Bauer
    LHP David Price
    RHP Dustin May
    LHP Julio Urias
    RHP Tony Gonsolin
    RHP Mitchell White
    RHP Jimmy Nelson*
    RHP Gerardo Carrillo
    RHP Edwin Uceta
    RHP Josiah Gray*

Bullpen

RHP Kenley Jansen
    RHP Blake Treinen
    RHP Corey Knebel
    LHP Victor Gonzalez
    RHP Brusdar Graterol
    LHP Scott Alexander
    RHP Joe Kelly
    LHP Garrett Cleavinger
    RHP Brandon Morrow*
    LHP James Pazos*
    RHP Dennis Santana
    LHP Alex Vesia
    RHP Andre Jackson

60-day DL: LHP Caleb Ferguson, RHP Tommy Kahnle

Absolutely loaded....

Quote Originally Posted by bkt42 View Post
    It was a lot more than I thought he would get, but much like how the arbitration numbers came in at, Dodgers are awarding their own.

We are absolutely deep now and I would guess pretty much done.

2021 Defending Champion Los Angeles Dodgers

Lineup

RF Mookie Betts (R)
    SS Corey Seager (L)
    3B Justin Turner (R)
    CF Cody Bellinger (L)
    C Will Smith (R)
    1B Max Muncy (L)
    LF A.J. Pollock (R)
    2B Gavin Lux (L)

Extended Bench

IF Chris Taylor (R)
    IF Edwin Rios (L)
    IF Sheldon Neuse (R)
    IF Zach McKinstry (L)
    IF Jacob Amaya (R)*
    C Austin Barnes (R)
    C Keibert Ruiz (S)
    OF Matt Beaty (L)
    OF Zach Reks (L)
    OF D.J. Peters (R)
    OF Luke Raley (L)

Rotation

RHP Walker Buehler
    LHP Clayton Kershaw
    RHP Trevor Bauer
    LHP David Price
    RHP Dustin May
    LHP Julio Urias
    RHP Tony Gonsolin
    RHP Mitchell White
    RHP Jimmy Nelson*
    RHP Gerardo Carrillo
    RHP Edwin Uceta
    RHP Josiah Gray*

Bullpen

RHP Kenley Jansen
    RHP Blake Treinen
    RHP Corey Knebel
    LHP Victor Gonzalez
    RHP Brusdar Graterol
    LHP Scott Alexander
    RHP Joe Kelly
    LHP Garrett Cleavinger
    RHP Brandon Morrow*
    LHP James Pazos*
    RHP Dennis Santana
    LHP Alex Vesia
    RHP Andre Jackson

60-day DL: LHP Caleb Ferguson, RHP Tommy Kahnle

Absolutely loaded....
    It just keeps getting deeper and deeper. I don't doubt that some of the more active teams this offseason have improved, but it's something entirely different to add 1 or 2 pieces to an already functioning and highly productive roster.

It's a great time to be a Dodger fan!

7-inning doubleheaders and extra-inning runners are a huge turn-off for me.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    7-inning doubleheaders and extra-inning runners are a huge turn-off for me.
    I have to confess, I am usually not one for drastic changes to the game. I absolutely prefer the National League game to the American League game in regards to the DH, and the associated strategic components for each league.

With last year's changes, I didn't hate the DH, and I didn't hate the 7 inning double headers. I thought I would, but I didn't. Maybe I was just pacified by the fact that we had some baseball to watch, who knows.

I think the runner on 2nd is still too gimmicky for my taste, and the 3 hitter minimum is strange as well. I can live with the DH in the NL even though I have hated the idea forever, I think the reality of the transition would not be that bad.

As a Dodger fan, the DH, AND the 3 hitter minimum probably helped Dave Roberts with his itchy trigger finger in over managing at times.

Well, it looks like we’ve reached my point of concern for this year wherein Trevor Bauer’s season begins its descent into the abyss correlating with significantly decreased spin rates resulting from MLB’s announcement that it will begin enforcing the rules against sticky substances.

Having said that, I can’t help but wonder if anyone will come in here - especially those who tried to make my position on the topic sound ridiculous - to say, “hey man, you were right about literally everything you posted [below and thereafter].”

I doubt it, but it’s a nice thought.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I’m not a fan of the Bauer signing and, no, it’s not about his “politics”, though there certainly is an element of that which has something to do with it.

Let’s first talk merit and then I’ll bring it back around full circle.

Trevor Bauer has pitched 7 full MLB seasons. I’m counting 2020 as a full season in this tally because it was his best year and I know the pro-Bauer crowd will want to lean on that. I will project his 2020 numbers to reflect that, even though we know he was already slowing down when the regular season ended.

* () denotes ranking amongst active leaders with a minimum of 1000 innings pitched. Generally, no one on these list has <7 years of MLB experience.

Career ERA: 3.90 (31st)
    Career FIP: 3.85 (28th)
    Career ERA+: 113 (23rd)
    Career WHIP: 1.265 (32nd)
    Number of Seasons < 4.0 ERA: 2
    Number of Seasons < 4.0 FIP: 4 (3.99 in 2016 and 3.88 in 2017)
    Number of seasons > 200 IP: 2 (219IP projected for 2020)

Look, this FO is smarter than me and I can generally see the good in what they’ve done. There are only two things I like about this deal: (1) it’s short, and (2) it’s showing that, despite some strange criticisms otherwise, this FO is willing to spend.

Maybe the FO saw something last year that gave them confidence that he’s figured things out. Time will tell and hopefully it proves me wrong. All I can say is, if you guys think we’re getting Trever Bauer v1.73 ERA, you’re likely in for a major disappointment.

The season numbers generally point to the same trend; Trevor Bauer has had two good years as an MLB pitcher, and one of those years was less than 1/3 of a season where there are some questions as to whether those numbers were aided by a banned substance. I won’t hash out all the details. You can, instead, watch the video and see what you get out of it, but Bauer seems to be pretty damn open about the fact that he’s cheating to get the numbers he’s getting.

Watch this video - https://youtu.be/-8zgvK1UAH4

The video compiles Trevor Bauer’s own words and uses their specificity about what he himself might be doing to corroborate the reasons for spikes in his own performance. It also chronicles his journey from the guy that called out cheaters, to the guy who seems to be openly cheating under the guise that he’s trying to prove a point. After you watch the video, do you have confidence that Trevor Bauer came by his 2020 on the up and up and can realistically be an ace without aid moving forward?

Having said that, based on merit alone, what gives you confidence that Bauer will earn his $34M a year AAV? I mean, looking at the career numbers, is this guy even a frontline pitcher in our rotation without the use of an aid to get his spin rate up?

To bring it back full circle; one thing that Trevor Bauer has shown consistently is public immaturity. In fact, I only suspect Bauer a cheater because of his blatant hints and references own immaturity issues and **** posting on Twitter.

Trying to chalk up my lack of wanting Bauer to his “politics” seems to be a lazy way of suggesting I don’t want him because he’s a Trump supporter. Let me be clear, I am not a Trump supporter, but I have friends and family that are. I don’t give a **** who he votes for at the ballot box.

What I do care about is that he’s a real ******* and a legitimate megalomaniac. The article below hardly even touches on the extent to which this is true. There are plenty of examples.

One such example the writer uses is when Molly Knight, who has spent so much time with this team, tweeted during the 2017 WS that CK deserves a championship while praising him as the hardest working pitcher in baseball (and, yes, he’s earned that reputation). The fact that Bauer - as a guy who had literally done nothing up to that point in his career and had no business being involved in the conversation - replied by essentially by telling her to prove it is a microcosm which speaks volumes to these issues.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspi...1845368579/amp

If you put it all together, IMO, it looks like we paid a lot of money for a headache that isn’t likely to duplicate its success.

I hope he performs. Moreover, I hope he cleans up his act off the field. He’s got too big of a voice to be such a bully and an ******* and he’s simply not good enough to warrant that level of distraction.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 06-13-2021 at 01:49 PM.
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Well, it looks like we’ve reached my point of concern for this year wherein Trevor Bauer’s season begins its descent into the abyss correlating with significantly decreased spin rates resulting from MLB’s announcement that it will begin enforcing the rules against sticky substances.

Having said that, I can’t help but wonder if anyone will come in here - especially those who tried to make my position on the topic sound ridiculous - to say, “hey man, you were right about literally everything you posted [below and thereafter].”

I doubt it, but it’s a nice thought.
    Hey man, you were literally right about everything you posted. [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Hey man, you were literally right about everything you posted. [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol - thanks man.

I’ve already lost all hope on Bauer.

He’s always looking for a scapegoat.

He blamed his performance against the Rangers on not being able to shake off Mookie’s error in the third inning.

Now he’s crusading to try and punch holes in the enforcement of the very thing he claimed to be trying to put an end to.

I guess he knows that a 4+ ERA for $40M ain’t gonna sit well here

Bauer was more or less mediocre before 2018.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Bauer was more or less mediocre before 2018.
    Exactly what I’ve been hollerin’!

I pretty much called exactly what’s been happening right now.

I said if MLB doesn’t crack down, Bauer is likely a top 10 pitcher (which he was at least in the conversation).

If they do (and they did) he’s nowhere near the top of the league and maybe in the back half of our rotation.

Spin rate lends to break and movement. While pitchers like Cole can lean on their velocity without that artificial boost, Bauer’s velocity is middling and he lacks the control to be a great finesse pitcher ala Kershaw. His break and movement since last year have coaxed a lot of swings and misses. He’s going to get a lot less bites on pitches out of the zone and a lot more contact on balls in or near the zone.

I think he’s capable of replicating 2018 at his very best, but most likely will be somewhere between that and what he’s been for the rest of his career.

At this point I’d take Kershaw, Buehler, Urias and a healthy Dustin May over this version of Bauer.

Hey guys, remember when I said Trevor Bauer was going to be a $40M headache that wasn’t likely to duplicate his success, would cause clubhouse issues, and cited a shitload of reasons for that assessment?

Remember when I was responded to with accusations of discrimination against his politics, sarcasm about locker room bullying, and assurances that Dave Roberts could handle him?

Well, he’s got a 3.55 ERA since May 25th with a FIP >5

He blamed getting shelled in a game against the cardinals on a Mookie Betts error to start the 3rd inning

Oh, and he’s now under investigation for sexual assault…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....-woman-dodgers

^^^^^^^^^^ so what do the Dodgers/MLB do? Do they suspend him while investigation is on going? I know the union will back him up and he may sue MLB if they suspend him, since he has the presumption of innocence. Here I thought he was banging his agent but I guess not. Either way Dodgers may try to get rid of him if more stuff comes out.

^ Based on the details of what occurred, I think he might get released straight-up, $102M and all. I mean, it sounds like he’s not even debating the fact that he caused all the injuries, he’s just saying it was consensual. Well, one can’t give consent when they’ve been strangled unconscious… this dude is facing prison time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...spt/index.html

^ Based on the details of what occurred, I think he might get released straight-up, $102M and all. I mean, it sounds like he’s not even debating the fact that he caused all the injuries, he’s just saying it was consensual. Well, one can’t give consent when they’ve been strangled unconscious… this dude is facing prison time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...spt/index.html
    well according to his lawyer. They have text messages where it shows alleged accuser asking for some kinky **** i.e. getting slapped, chocked etc etc. It doesn't mention anything about anal sex in the lawyers statement and that is alleged in the Athletic report. We will hear later today about how Doc and Dodgers feel about the allegations when they have the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    well according to his lawyer. They have text messages where it shows alleged accuser asking for some kinky **** i.e. getting slapped, chocked etc etc. It doesn't mention anything about anal sex in the lawyers statement and that is alleged in the Athletic report. We will hear later today about how Doc and Dodgers feel about the allegations when they have the press conference.
    I saw the text messages… but let’s be honest, that’s all designed to make her look bad and him out to somehow be a victim. As far as I can tell, there’s been no mention of civil dispute, it seems this is an entirely criminal investigation so she doesn’t appear to be in it for money.

In either case, it doesn’t really matter how dirty the texts were, he allegedly cracked her skull, gave her a concussion, two black eyes, and left her other bruises, including vaginal bruising, all over her body from punches. I can’t imagine that she’d allege anal bleeding if it was not part of her hospital report. And I can’t imagine she’d have been granted a temporary restraining order if there was not some proof…

But let’s point out the obvious;

1) Trevor Bauer is a megalomaniac. He thinks he’s smarter than everyone and can get away with anything and that has been on display all season. I have ZERO doubts that he took this further than he knew it should go thinking he could just get himself out of it knowing he had those texts.

2) Kink-shaming her is just ridiculous. Not only did he participate, he seems to have taken extreme pleasure in beating the **** out of this girl. A normal person would not have engaged.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 07-01-2021 at 03:42 PM.

I saw the text messages… but let’s be honest, that’s all designed to make her look bad and him out to somehow be a victim. As far as I can tell, there’s been no mention of civil dispute, it seems this is an entirely criminal investigation so she doesn’t appear to be in it for money.

In either case, it doesn’t really matter how dirty the texts were, he allegedly cracked her skull, gave her a concussion, two black eyes, and left her other bruises, including vaginal bruising, all over her body from punches. I can’t imagine that she’d allege anal bleeding if it was not part of her hospital report. And I can’t imagine she’d have been granted a temporary restraining order if there was not some proof…

But let’s point out the obvious;

1) Trevor Bauer is a megalomaniac. He thinks he’s smarter than everyone and can get away with anything and that has been on display all season. I have ZERO doubts that he took this further than he knew it should go thinking he could just get himself out of it knowing he had those texts.

2) Kink-shaming her is just ridiculous. Not only did he participate, he seems to have taken extreme pleasure in beating the **** out of this girl. A normal person would not have engaged.
    I actually wonder if there's some kind of policy that would allow us to cut ties cleanly with Bauer. Aren't there rules of conduct that all players must abide by and if they don't theyre subject to be released from their contracts? I imagine if there was ever a case that would qualify for something like that this might be it (assuming it turns out to be as bad as it looks and I don't really see much of a reasonable way in which it wouldn't be)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast