Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Itíll be interesting to see what they do. Kolarek didnít really have a prominent role, but it was certainly a useful one in a pinch. This might signify that Urias could be moving to the pen.
    This is what I was thinking also. Urias was lights out in the pen. Wonder if they are grooming him to be the next closer.

Was never really a big fan of Kolarek and his career splits leave a lot to be desired against RHP:

.297/.365/.470/.835

He was dominant against lefties, but the new 3-batter rule eliminates that importance significantly.

Scott Alexander is still on board and at least has shown much better split numbers.

It could mean Urias winds up down there, but we have RHP's galore down there who fare even better against LHP.

Floro saved us a cool million and was a longshot to make the team anyways.

I like the Neuse addition because even if we do bring back Turner, we are thin from the right side as far as the bench goes.

Hopefully Lux wins the 2B job and Taylor can replace Hernandez as the main utility guy. Betts, Smith and Pollock are pretty much locks, leaving only Barnes as a RH option on the bench. Peters could surprise and of course you have the SH Ruiz, but you get my point...

Don't think they want to go over the $240 mark and I do think they still want to sign JT, so I wouldn't be surprised to see another move or two to shave some payroll.

Ideally, they can find someone to take Kelly off our hands (final year $8 million) even if we have to eat a little of it.

Whatchu talkiní bout? Iím a puppy dog

Agreed, again, Iím hoping it proves to be a good deal.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    This is what I was thinking also. Urias was lights out in the pen. Wonder if they are grooming him to be the next closer.
    why would we convert him to closer? Urias needs to be more like a Josh Hader type role. For closer we can use Graterol who has the stuff to be a dominant closer. Would prefer to have Urias pitch 1-2 innings every other game in tight games.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    He could be the best closer in all of baseball based on what we saw last year. Pressure is nothing to this kid... still, Iíd still like to see him start for a whole season, but I donít know that heís going to have the endurance to be a six inning guy every five days
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    why would we convert him to closer? Urias needs to be more like a Josh Hader type role. For closer we can use Graterol who has the stuff to be a dominant closer. Would prefer to have Urias pitch 1-2 innings every other game in tight games.
    Josh Hader is their closer, theyíre just perhaps a little more willing to use him earlier in high leverage situations if they need to than most teams are. But he has closed out the majority of their games over the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    True but Urias has shown that pressure moments donít bother him the least bit. Graterol is still too early to tell. I prefer Graterol to set up Urias.

He could be the best closer in all of baseball based on what we saw last year. Pressure is nothing to this kid... still, Iíd still like to see him start for a whole season, but I donít know that heís going to have the endurance to be a six inning guy every five days
    Was thinking that also. Dodgers are very careful with him. They should experiment with him as a closer and see what happens. Kenley might be done.

JT is coming back! And no, Iím not talking about the former NSYNC frontman

Looks like weíre running it back fellas

2 years, 34 million for Turner. Team option in third year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a bit surprised to see an 8 million dollar signing bonus.

JT is coming back! And no, Iím not talking about the former NSYNC frontman

Looks like weíre running it back fellas
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya baby.

Quote Originally Posted by rasajr23 View Post

I was a bit surprised to see an 8 million dollar signing bonus.
    Maybe because it doesnít count towards the cap? Donít know baseball cap rules that well.

^It does count toward the LT. I believe we donít really hear - particularly - about signing bonuses in MLB much is because it doesnít really impact anything from an LT perspective.

If Iím not mistaken, the full signing bonus is accounted for in the contract value and calculated in the AAV, but the full bonus is entirely paid out upfront.

^It does count toward the LT. I believe we donít really hear - particularly - about signing bonuses in MLB much is because it doesnít really impact anything from an LT perspective.

If Iím not mistaken, the full signing bonus is accounted for in the contract value and calculated in the AAV, but the full bonus is entirely paid out upfront.
    Ok thanks Gibby. It makes sense or else every team would do a huge signing bonus and go under the LTz

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast