Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    That being said, as I go for the trifecta of postings....I would be at least satisfied with two RH bats, another veteran starter for depth and one more LH proven arm for the pen....

1) Justin Turner 2 yrs/$25 million or Marcus Semien 3 yrs/$27 million

2) A "Jonathan infielder" Schoop or Villar for 1 yr/$4 million

3) Chris Archer (preferably) or Cole Hamels on a 1yr/incentive laden deal

4) Jake McGee or Sean Doolittle for a single year at 1-2 million if the price on Hand is too high....(the only southpaw I trust in the pen is Gonzalez and I dont want Urias back there, I want him in my rotation)
    Last edited by bkt42; 01-24-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Hamels is done, IMO. Archer is worth a flier, but heís probably trying to juice every dollar he can right now.

I donít really use Twitter often and I just found out today about all of this... so let me be the first in this forum to give an emphatic **** NO to Trevor Bauer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dodgers...legations/amp/

https://uproxx.com/sports/trevor-bau...trump-twitter/

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I donít really use Twitter often and I just found out today about all of this... so let me be the first in this forum to give an emphatic **** NO to Trevor Bauer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dodgers...legations/amp/

https://uproxx.com/sports/trevor-bau...trump-twitter/

LOL I really don't seen him and Betts as buds.

yeah. I don't think we are signing Bauer. He will destroy the clubhouse with his antics. Him and Price would probably get in a fight before the season is over. He may have a couple of Dodger teammates who share his politics, world view but they are in the minority and that won't play well with the rest of the team. Honestly, we don't need another starter if Price comes backs. We have like 6-7 potential starters and Josiah Gray waiting. But I expect the FO to do nothing till the trading deadline. Maybe hire another tommy john reject for cheap. They are gonna start using our farm system to replace guys like Kike, Joc, Baez etc etc.

Doing nothing would NOT be a good idea.

Even with the crown, this team struggled against LHP- and they need AT LEAST one RH bat brought in. They are minus two right now with Hernandez in Boston and Turner still a UFA.

Betts, Pollock, Smith, Taylor and Barnes is all you have. ( cringed just now putting Austin in that mix)

We are loaded from the left side with Seager, Bellinger, Muncy and Rios with expected much more playing time for Lux, McKinstry and possibly Ruiz (SH).....

Unless someone thinks a D.J. Peters is breaking out, I repeat we need to sign AT LEAST one more RHB- especially how most of them fared against southpaws last season

Bauer depends on the price for me, but we basically can restart the clock next season; but I am fine with our rotation.

I do want another LH in the pen though (McGee/Doolittle) because Gonzalez is about the only one I trust besides Ferguson who is out for the year. Alexander and Kolarek, meh

I like the Bauer signing. Kershaw is going to be a free agent next year and finding a replacement should be a top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by USCFOOTBALL View Post
    I like the Bauer signing. Kershaw is going to be a free agent next year and finding a replacement should be a top priority.
    Kershaw isn't going anywhere. The only way he will stop wearing Dodger blue is if he retires. I can see Dodgers bringing him back for 2-3 more years for 50-60 million. He may not be an ace but he is still a very good pitcher.

Now in regards to Bauer. I don't know how I feel about him signing here if he does. He is a very good pitcher but his personality/antics may not play well with guys like Price/Betts. Besides we have like 6+ potential starters not including Josiah Gray.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Kershaw isn't going anywhere. The only way he will stop wearing Dodger blue is if he retires. I can see Dodgers bringing him back for 2-3 more years for 50-60 million. He may not be an ace but he is still a very good pitcher.

Now in regards to Bauer. I don't know how I feel about him signing here if he does. He is a very good pitcher but his personality/antics may not play well with guys like Price/Betts. Besides we have like 6+ potential starters not including Josiah Gray.
    I'd let him walk personally, his arm has a lot of miles on it, depends on the price, I would not be interested for something like 3y $100M, he would be 34, 35 and 36 through that deal, sounds risky. I'd hate to end up with a bad contract. Friedman is smart he's not going to waste a bunch of money on past performance. Betts will be fine, he's a professional. Buehler-Bauer-Price-Urias-May-Gonsolin would be fine. We gotta give Seager that blank check and possibly add a right handed bat.

Would be nice if we could get an official word on the fíin DH since itís already friggin February.

Manfred is the worst

If the DH becomes official in the NL before Nelson Cruz signs anywhere, Iíd be all over him. Dude can still thump

Sounds like itís down to Mets and Dodgers for Trevor Bauer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...s-and-dodgers/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Mets offering 3 years for about 100 million. I would be surprised if Dodgers don't match that or exceed it by couple million if they really want him. But either way, we don't need him and he may be a cancer in the clubhouse if we end up signing him.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast