Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1343 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 34384312431293133313411342134313441345 ... LastLast
Results 20,131 to 20,145 of 20230
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Leon Rose couldn't close a deal if he had the GlenGarry Files.

The Knicks are renown for signing aging All-Stars and native New York players looking to get overpaid.

Uncharacteristically the Knicks got lucky with Julius Randle, re-signed guys most credited to getting them to the Playoffs and didn't overpay for a broke lame, Kemba Walker.

Unlike the Melo team, this team is likable. Relish this moment.
    yes because Rose has such a long resume for you to make a dumb statement like that?

Sorry but seriously, WTF? Rose took over a decade of a team being the worst in the league, repeat the worst to a 4th seed in one year. What player(s) did he inherit to make a deal lol. Now he's making a roster that has a shot at a possible deal by accumulating assets and retaining picks.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    yes because Rose has such a long resume for you to make a dumb statement like that?

Sorry but seriously, WTF? Rose took over a decade of a team being the worst in the league, repeat the worst to a 4th seed in one year. What player(s) did he inherit to make a deal lol. Now he's making a roster that has a shot at a possible deal by accumulating assets and retaining picks.
    How dare you let logic, and reality get in the way of another rant..

And Leon Rose doesnít know how to make deals? Isnít that what heís done his whole career? Perhaps the reason he hasnít made deals, is because the price was too high. Which Iím sure certain posters would love to constantly talk about how he overpaid, and got fleeced

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    How dare you let logic, and reality get in the way of another rant..

And Leon Rose doesnít know how to make deals? Isnít that what heís done his whole career? Perhaps the reason he hasnít made deals, is because the price was too high. Which Iím sure certain posters would love to constantly talk about how he overpaid, and got fleeced
    truly sorry, not sure what got in to me?

I like this team. Only thing I would like to see us get is a young developing PG as I am not sold on IQ being the future PG and Rose and Kemba are a little older. I prefer a good deep team with chemistry and trending up.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I like this team. Only thing I would like to see us get is a young developing PG as I am not sold on IQ being the future PG and Rose and Kemba are a little older. I prefer a good deep team with chemistry and trending up.
    We have Jokas in Barcelona and Deuce. Plus one possibly two first rounders next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    We have Jokas in Barcelona and Deuce. Plus one possibly two first rounders next year as well.
    I kinda agree with him if we could somehow add Sexton in the offseason that would be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I kinda agree with him if we could somehow add Sexton in the offseason that would be perfect
    I don't disagree. We have pics we should use all resources within reason in a trade for a pg. But let's try out what we have as well. Is Deuce a future pg for us and Jokas, I want to find out

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I don't disagree. We have pics we should use all resources within reason in a trade for a pg. But let's try out what we have as well. Is Deuce a future pg for us and Jokas, I want to find out
    Let's assume you can find one , what do you do with Kemba and Rose ? Aren't they both signed for more than one year ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Let's assume you can find one , what do you do with Kemba and Rose ? Aren't they both signed for more than one year ?
    Kemba can be waived thats not a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    They are not here long term if they are overcome by others

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Kemba can be waived thats not a big deal
    well it could be a big deal, he has next year on the contract right? We are around 118M next year, not counting a raise for Mitch, draft picks etc.
    so you have to look at the luxury tax at the point. Knicks won't waive Kemba, if it comes down to it, buy out, or extend him out on the last year of the contract.

Let's all hope Kemba gets up to speed, but at some point we will need a PG one way or the other.

well it could be a big deal, he has next year on the contract right? We are around 118M next year, not counting a raise for Mitch, draft picks etc.
    so you have to look at the luxury tax at the point. Knicks won't waive Kemba, if it comes down to it, buy out, or extend him out on the last year of the contract.

Let's all hope Kemba gets up to speed, but at some point we will need a PG one way or the other.
    You awnsered out of context the question was what if we add a star pg like dame or Colin this offseason

Imo you could buy out kemba depending on who got traded for either guy we'd still be under the luxury

[QUOTE=cssdmark;34134842]I like this team. Only thing I would like to see us get is a young developing PG as I am not sold on IQ being the future PG and Rose and Kemba are a little older. I prefer a good deep team with chemistry and trending up.[/odn'tb McBride be that guy ?QUOTE]

Why can't McBride be that guy ?

[QUOTE=Brooklyndave;34140892]
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I like this team. Only thing I would like to see us get is a young developing PG as I am not sold on IQ being the future PG and Rose and Kemba are a little older. I prefer a good deep team with chemistry and trending up.[/odn'tb McBride be that guy ?QUOTE]

Why can't McBride be that guy ?
    Maybe but not this year. If he plays 3 minutes a game this year he will be lucky. I am rooting for him

For the hard headed out there in denial..one more time...

Leon Rose and "World Wide" Wes were hired to get STAR players. Dolan HATED the rebuild.

In two off-seasons, he's relied on the roster former Team President Steve Mills and Scott Perry put together.

Remember Thibs BEGGED Leon to trade for Derrick Rose, stepping OVER former Orlando Magic exec tool, Scott Perry who kept his boy Elfrid Payton.

Don't get me wrong, the Knicks will get the cast offs. Instead of Collin Sexton, we'll get Kemba Walker. Instead of Zach Lavine we'll get Evan Fournier.

But let's be CLEAR...that is NOT why Dolan blew that Front Office up and hired Sports Agents as Front Office guys.

Only a donkey licking his own nuts can't see that.