Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1313 of 1339 FirstFirst ... 313813121312631303131113121313131413151323 ... LastLast
Results 19,681 to 19,695 of 20080
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Lol... we were at that game and they showed him on the score board during that interview so that Booger was huge on that big screen. Everybody including Channing Frye was laughing at him. All the vets were yelling "Rookie"...lol
    LOL I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

So it appears bullock left us and we didn't choose Burks over him, as per the Post and an interview he had, he said he chose Dallas because he felt they could go further:

Now I hope Fourn and burks do some damage this year and Knicks have a better record:

He may be right with Dallas having Luka, but he didn't exactly give the Knicks any propts in that interview:

“When I played against the Mavericks last year, I liked the way that they competed as a team,” Bullock said. “They got great players, so it was an easy, no-brainer for me. Being with the Knicks last year, we made it to the playoffs but I see [the Mavericks] as a team that’s taking that next step to be in the postseason.’’

Bullocks fits well with luka obviously the guys trying to say nice things because he's going to live in Dallas next few years so don't take too much meaning out of this.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Bullocks fits well with luka obviously the guys trying to say nice things because he's going to live in Dallas next few years so don't take too much meaning out of this.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    i just listened to his interview and he said the Knicks were interested in him but asked him to wait and he wanted no part of waiting so 75 m into FA he signed with Dallas.

Can't blame him wait then Knicks get lucky and land a star then he's lost a few teams?

Makes sense, but obviously want Knicks and Fourn and Burks to play really well,

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i just listened to his interview and he said the Knicks were interested in him but asked him to wait and he wanted no part of waiting so 75 m into FA he signed with Dallas.

Can't blame him wait then Knicks get lucky and land a star then he's lost a few teams?

Makes sense, but obviously want Knicks and Fourn and Burks to play really well,
    So him deciding not to wait isn’t him preferring Dallas. It’s him taking an offer because we didn’t make one. If I remember right, the Noel, Burks, and Rose announcements came quick
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-30-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So him deciding not to wait isn’t him preferring Dallas. It’s him taking an offer because we didn’t make one. If I remember right, the Noel, Burks, and Rose announcements came quick
    he seemed like a good guy, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's with Dallas so good luck, and Randle seems to think he'll be missed but having Burks and Fourn I think is going to be great, i'm excited about Fourn, I think with Thibs he is going to show some defense.
    Everyone Said Rose plays no defense when we traded for him and he did pretty well considering, so i expect the same from Fourn.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    he seemed like a good guy, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's with Dallas so good luck, and Randle seems to think he'll be missed but having Burks and Fourn I think is going to be great, i'm excited about Fourn, I think with Thibs he is going to show some defense.
    Everyone Said Rose plays no defense when we traded for him and he did pretty well considering, so i expect the same from Fourn.
    I think it was an easy (and correct) choice to keep Burks. While Rose got exposed here and there, I think overall, he’s a smart vet who can fit into a system. I think Fourny will be the same

2021 Knicks Trade/FA Thread

I think it was an easy (and correct) choice to keep Burks. While Rose got exposed here and there, I think overall, he’s a smart vet who can fit into a system. I think Fourny will be the same
    I can see a case for Reggie with starting 5 over Alec but once we signed Evan I think Burks was clearly the guy., I just hope he stay healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 08-31-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Bullock is a good signing because the Mavs need shooters and defense. Tim Hardaway Jr is streaky. The Mavs made a colossal mistake trading Curry to Philly for Richardson.

Now, the trick is...can Kidd work his magic much how he did in Milwaukee where he encouraged Giannis to just be Giannis...and also played a prominent role in developing a "Detroit Piston bust" named Kris Middleton from 2014-2017. Took Middleton four seasons then a setback before finally emerging as a consistent #2 option during his 5th season.

I don't know if the Knicks have as much patience. It's not the coaching but the owner. Just ask the New York Rangers who were put on notice after just making the playoffs the season prior with a bunch of kids.

I think, the Knicks bench is the key to this season. With Derrick Rose who is a great teammate at the point, then sophomores: Immanuel Quickley, Obi Toppin...then you have AARP President Taj Gibson. Plus the rookies. I think, the Knicks are going to be fine because the bench will help keep them consistent when February rolls around and teams give their stars the night off due to body management.

Bullock just picked the most money in front of him. But I am a little surprised they picked to give Bullock the bag. His D will help but their biggest issue is they have no playmakers outside of Luka. And Bullock is the opposite of a play maker.

Could be as simple as not a lot of people chose to go to Dallas so they had to make a big offer to a good player early.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Bullock just picked the most money in front of him. But I am a little surprised they picked to give Bullock the bag. His D will help but their biggest issue is they have no playmakers outside of Luka. And Bullock is the opposite of a play maker.

Could be as simple as not a lot of people chose to go to Dallas so they had to make a big offer to a good player early.
    Bully was getting MLE and probably from multiple teams, same money Burks got.

Bully actuall fits, if you watch Dallas games the ball is in Luka's hands, so you wait to see who doubles, then you have Timmy, bully, KP that is pretty good options to have for wide open shots, either that of Luka goes off.

then if you look at FA who was other choices? DeRozan cost 3x more, or Oubre who cost 3m more?

This was a smart signing and good fit for Dallas because now you can have Bully cover PG's and let Luka cover SF's and not run around.

When they need more playmakers they have Brunson on the bench. Bully was a very good replacement for Richardson who just didn't seem to work with Luka.

Dallas is no lock for top 6, all depends on KP and what Kidd can do with him.

LA, La, Suns, GS has Klay back, Denver, Utah.....then NO, Portland, Memphis

I wonder how much our D will suffer with bullock and Payton (I hate to mention him) gone. Bullock was a solid defender, Payton played solid defense even though his offensive game was garbage. I wonder if Thibs can still make this team a top 10 defensive team without having good individual defenders. Our biggest concern this year will be defense (that was our identity last year) and health.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I wonder how much our D will suffer with bullock and Payton (I hate to mention him) gone. Bullock was a solid defender, Payton played solid defense even though his offensive game was garbage. I wonder if Thibs can still make this team a top 10 defensive team without having good individual defenders. Our biggest concern this year will be defense (that was our identity last year) and health.
    I read an article where they looked at advanced stats and defensive profile on Fournier and the drop off will not be that significant. Considering another year of continuity and improved depth, I think the players will have no issues about playing all out on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    I read an article where they looked at advanced stats and defensive profile on Fournier and the drop off will not be that significant. Considering another year of continuity and improved depth, I think the players will have no issues about playing all out on defense.
    I think you can fit guys into a team concept, and they are fine. It’s not like guys like Payton or Bullock shined against top guys, one on one. They got lit up, and put no pressure on their man on the other end

Think any top players out there were ever like “gonna be a tough one tonight against Bullock”?

I think you can fit guys into a team concept, and they are fine. It’s not like guys like Payton or Bullock shined against top guys, one on one. They got lit up, and put no pressure on their man on the other end

Think any top players out there were ever like “gonna be a tough one tonight against Bullock”?
    Lol. But he did put pressure and help wear down opponents