Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1311 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 311811121112611301130913101311131213131321 ... LastLast
Results 19,651 to 19,665 of 20138
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Noel the great
    Represent

Mitch may be better but last year Noel was and its no debate
    Thatís not close to true. The only thing Noel did well was block shots and you know Mitch can do that.

Noel is not good on the perimeter on the P & R or against bigger centers.

With Mitch we were too held in rebounding. Without him we were bottom 3. So obviously Mitch has a much bigger impact on that end.

And no Atlanta was not all on Noel but yes he contributed to it. Bad offensive players let their man shade away, he let Capella eclipse to Julius. And he couldnít punish them for it. Even just something as simple as catching the ball and going up would have helped keep them a LITTLE honest but he couldnít do that. And I am assuming you are familiar with the term verticals threat. Noel provides zero vertical threat. Mitch had set a record for shot percentage because of his vertical threat.

They are not even close, and Noel has never played better then him. Noel is fine for our defense as long as we are not playing a team that has a big center or a player that is will and able to hit the close/midrange shot because a big part of Noelís game is baiting the guard to the rim by hanging back and then challenging hard. Another reason he was useless against Trea and his floater.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i'm sorry I didn't respond to you did I lol, you think i get upset or excited from a forum site lol, that made my day.

Enjoy your nite sir, wow, just wow lol
    Umm yes, you did respond to me. And it was completely out of context and accusatory. Get off your high horse man and be like, "My bad i thought you were someone else," or whatever was going through your warped mind when you wrote that diatribe. Honestly, get a life.

Again people ignore the obvious. Our problem against the Hawks was offensive. Our poor offense put too much pressure on our defense and Noel was playing hurt.

Randle struggled because of our offense. We had to work harder to generate offense and that took away from our defense as the games wore on.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Again people ignore the obvious. Our problem against the Hawks was offensive. Our poor offense put too much pressure on our defense and Noel was playing hurt.

Randle struggled because of our offense. We had to work harder to generate offense and that took away from our defense as the games wore on.
    It had more to do with Randle and RJ putting up worst efficiency ever in Knicks playoffs history.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Thatís not close to true. The only thing Noel did well was block shots and you know Mitch can do that.

Noel is not good on the perimeter on the P & R or against bigger centers.

With Mitch we were too held in rebounding. Without him we were bottom 3. So obviously Mitch has a much bigger impact on that end.

And no Atlanta was not all on Noel but yes he contributed to it. Bad offensive players let their man shade away, he let Capella eclipse to Julius. And he couldnít punish them for it. Even just something as simple as catching the ball and going up would have helped keep them a LITTLE honest but he couldnít do that. And I am assuming you are familiar with the term verticals threat. Noel provides zero vertical threat. Mitch had set a record for shot percentage because of his vertical threat.

They are not even close, and Noel has never played better then him. Noel is fine for our defense as long as we are not playing a team that has a big center or a player that is will and able to hit the close/midrange shot because a big part of Noelís game is baiting the guard to the rim by hanging back and then challenging hard. Another reason he was useless against Trea and his floater.
    For one I said defense 2 Noel was blatantly hurt in the playoffs

3 it's no debate bkuz Noel actually played while mitch was hurt best ability is availability

Noel was an active detriment to the Knicks on the offensive end against the Hawks, and he brought absolutely nothing to the table in defending Trae's PnRs with Capela. Call it whatever you want, Noel was a problem in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Noel was an active detriment to the Knicks on the offensive end against the Hawks, and he brought absolutely nothing to the table in defending Trae's PnRs with Capela. Call it whatever you want, Noel was a problem in that series.
    He definitely was but what i think you guys are missing the big point

Mitch and Noel are a 2 headed defensive nightmare for teams

Noel tends to struggle vs bigger 5s it wasn't really the p and r aspect of it capela dominated us that series if we had mitch it would've been way different

However mitch tends to struggle vs quicker teams with smaller 5s thats where Noel comes into on the defensive side he's your typical modern day center

He does suck on offense tho but our team has enough firepower so thats not really a problem hopefully he can fix his brick hands i don't remember that being a problem with him before

Noel is a better free throw shooter and he has proven to hit a 15 foot mid range shot from time to time so he's not completely useless on offense but he does suck lol

He definitely was but what i think you guys are missing the big point

Mitch and Noel are a 2 headed defensive nightmare for teams

Noel tends to struggle vs bigger 5s it wasn't really the p and r aspect of it capela dominated us that series if we had mitch it would've been way different

However mitch tends to struggle vs quicker teams with smaller 5s thats where Noel comes into on the defensive side he's your typical modern day center

He does suck on offense tho but our team has enough firepower so thats not really a problem hopefully he can fix his brick hands i don't remember that being a problem with him before

Noel is a better free throw shooter and he has proven to hit a 15 foot mid range shot from time to time so he's not completely useless on offense but he does suck lol
    Two things I donít agree with. Both Mitch AND Noel struggle against bigger 5s, but those are so few and far between it really doesnít matter.

Noel did struggle against Capela, not only b/c Capela is bigger and faster, but also b/c he is quite bad at defending the PnR. Mitch is much better at defending the PnR and much better at defending the perimeter. Heís just overall quicker and a better lateral mover than Noel. If you donít see that, then I canít help you.

Overall Iím fine with Noel being on the team. I like him as a player in a vacuum. My only issues are the contract, and the fact that weíre not likely to get Obi at the 5. Thatís really it.

2021 Knicks Trade/FA Thread

Two things I donít agree with. Both Mitch AND Noel struggle against bigger 5s, but those are so few and far between it really doesnít matter.

Noel did struggle against Capela, not only b/c Capela is bigger and faster, but also b/c he is quite bad at defending the PnR. Mitch is much better at defending the PnR and much better at defending the perimeter. Heís just overall quicker and a better lateral mover than Noel. If you donít see that, then I canít help you.

Overall Iím fine with Noel being on the team. I like him as a player in a vacuum. My only issues are the contract, and the fact that weíre not likely to get Obi at the 5. Thatís really it.
    I agree with this take. I also really donít like that at 10 million Noel pretty much commits us to always playing with a 5 with no handle, J, fast break abilty, or passing skill in the half court. I really like Mitch and I donít hate Noel but they are both players that make a living being really good at somethings and not doing some things at all. The fact that there is so much overlap in the things they donít do is limiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 08-25-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The Knicks got owned by the Hawks because Nate MicMillan bet the farm that if he throws 3 guys at Julius Randle, the Knicks won't know what to do.

It worked.

This is why the Knicks needed an upgrade at point guard. They did. They got Kemba Walker who was bought out by OKC to come to the Knicks.

The Knicks are definitely a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    Umm yes, you did respond to me. And it was completely out of context and accusatory. Get off your high horse man and be like, "My bad i thought you were someone else," or whatever was going through your warped mind when you wrote that diatribe. Honestly, get a life.
    wait the post about the ankle injury, that post has you in tizzy? You know what I have an amazing life, if that post is what got you uptight, you should look in the mirror, and I don't need to resort to childish responses, why not give an answer to the questions in an adult manner, you can do it, I have faith.

now I did ask some questions you did not respond to, and I asked if your were the poster that wanted that trade, if you were not then I do apoligize, I'm human, if you didn't.

good post Bubba, as far as Obi, I think we all wanted to see how he could handle some Center minutes, but this signing kind of told me one of two things or both, Knicks are worried about Mitch and how many games, or will he revert back to fouling, i would hope not, and two maybe Thibs don't feel Obi can play center? If he did wouldn't the Knicks gone in so many different directions for a backup center where there were so many available?

I'm not upset about having Noels, I just would like to know what is on the Knicks mind moving forward.

you know i'm going to agree and disagree, Randle and RJ had some really good looks they just seemed overwhelmed by being the playoffs.
    some are pinning this partially on Noel for lack of offense and the Hawks pinning Randle in, but short term memory because he was gun shy they also gave him the three which he made 40% and for some reason he either hesitated or didn't take it at all and forced himself into the defense. RJ was as bad.

We probably are not having these takes with Noel if others stepped up. Just some food for thought,

I just watched the last Knicks SL game they played after I left Vegas and I think that Deuce McBride can be as good as Donovan Mitchell. Same body type, Spida is a little more athletic but I'd say Deuce's defense and shooting is better than Mitchell's was as a rookie. Spida got plenty of playing time and I hope somehow Deuce does too.

I believe Thibs gives Deuce more real NBA minutes as the season goes on than Quick and Grimes mainly because of his defense.

I predict Deuce is the Knicks starting PG in 3 years