Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1295 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 295795119512451285129312941295129612971305 ... LastLast
Results 19,411 to 19,425 of 20000
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I never said he was elite but compared to mitch he's way better on the perimeter
    He’s not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

2021 Knicks Trade/FA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    If Mitch isn't extended or if he is traded , don't be surprised. He was a second round steal for us, I would love to extend him. Not comparing Ben Simmons value to his team and Mitch's to ours directly. But a lack of a shot gets magnified in tight playoff games. Knicks value his defense and rebounding but he has to be more dependable on offense, vertical spacing is great and all but some improvement at the FT line and around the short midrange is not crazy talk
    Ben Simmon job on offense is the handle the basketball on the perimeter. He also shot 30% from the line in the playoffs. If he even hit 55% that is a good scoring rate per possession. Ben shot a lot worse then Mitch and gives teams the opportunity to foul late bc he is the PG. Mitch almost never touches the ball unless he is under the hoop in a potential and one position and off ball fouls are shots and the Ball at the end of the game. I didn’t say he shouldn’t improve. I do think your theory that he would become unplayable in 4th quarters is false.
    Last edited by ewing; 08-19-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Ben Simmon job on offense is the handle the basketball on the perimeter. He also shot 30% from the line in the playoffs. If he even hit 55% that is a good scoring rate per possession. Ben shot a lot worse then Mitch and gives teams the opportunity to foul late bc he is the PG. Mitch almost never touches the ball unless he is under the hoop in a potential and one position and off ball fouls are shots and the Ball at the end of the game. I didn’t say he shouldn’t improve. I do think your theory that he would become unplayable in 4th quarters is false.
    Hopefully Mitch improves and we don't find out whose right. Yet, if Mitch misses foul shots at the end of games and we loose, his supporters will turn to naysayers very fast. Hopefully, he has been putting up shots during his rehab.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 08-19-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Hopefully Mitch improves and we don't find out whose right. Yet, if Mitch misses foul shots at the end of games and we loose, his supporters will turn to naysayers very fast. Hopefully, he has been putting up shots during his rehab.
    You could also say that his excellent defense, better offense, and better rebounding puts us in position to win more, or be in close games

So his supporters are well aware of his value
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-19-2021 at 07:50 AM.

One of the biggest disappointments was native New Yorker Joakim Noah. How much I wished he kept it together long enough to provide Mitch some tutoring. Noah expanded his game to become more than a defensive stud. He was a terror inside and an underrated passer. If Mitch can demonstrate 35% of that during the upcoming season, that's the difference between a first round "ok" to a second round threat and more.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    You could also say that his excellent defense, better offense, and better rebounding puts us in position to win more, or be in close games

Wishing Mitch well. Hope he will be improved on offense. Like Detfink said above, difference with Mitch improving could be a team that loses in the first round or advancing deeper. In the playoffs in tight games it will matter how he can score and shoot free throws at the end of games
    Last edited by flimflamman; 08-19-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Wishing Mitch well. Hope he will be improved on offense
    He’s already better than Noel now. Any further improvements, you have a top level center

I don’t see one guy we likely get, that makes us better than Mitch does, flaws and all. Assuming he’s able to play, of course
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-19-2021 at 08:11 AM.

He’s already better than Noel now. Any further improvements, you have a top level center

I don’t see one guy we likely get, that makes us better than Mitch does, flaws and all. Assuming he’s able to play, of course
    I will let that statement of yours cap this discussion on Mitch for me. I wish Mitch well.

The point is that he is “playable”. If he winds up on the line in a big spot you might hold your breath but the other team will not be intentionally putting him on the line and since he isn’t a ball handler he is much less likely to wind up there. He’s no different then Cappella, Gobert, or any other big that isn’t much of a shooter

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    wow... he was one of the more realistic FA"s we could target next year or even in a trade before we got Kemba.

There's no one to even save cap for anymore.
    Really hope Miles can be the answer long term.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The point is that he is “playable”. If he winds up on the line in a big spot you might hold your breath but the other team will not be intentionally putting him on the line and since he isn’t a ball handler he is much less likely to wind up there. He’s no different then Cappella, Gobert, or any other big that isn’t much of a shooter

Definitely. You don’t see them taking those guys out in crunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    wow... he was one of the more realistic FA"s we could target next year or even in a trade before we got Kemba.

There's no one to even save cap for anymore.
    Pretty much no one left. Highly doubt Beal and Lavine ever officially hit the market, even if they want out

I'm guessing due to covid nobody wants to go on FA tour anymore not unless they are Schroder or Markanan who have to lol.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk