Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1293 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 293793119312431283129112921293129412951303 ... LastLast
Results 19,381 to 19,395 of 20131
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    In some areas yea but Noel is overall better than mitch on defense
    You have to be kidding me..

I mean, Iíve seen you say some dumb stuff. But this one takes the cake

Atleast Bullock brought defense with Randle kemba rj we had enough offense already
    Evan is going to make RJ better and his life easier on offense as Reggie's man cheated off him to help guard him. Evans offense is worth the defensive drop. But we shall see right. I think Evan is going to be a fan favorite. You'll come around

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Yeah it's weird. Noel gets all the press for anchoring the league leading defense, Mitch is head and shoulders above his level in D.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    In a tight game last few minutes you would love to have Mitch on the court for defense and rebounds. If he can't hit a foul shot or hit a 8 foot shoot he may have to be taken off the court. The opposing team may just send him to the line and slow the game down. Then Noel is in the game at the end or use Randall at the 5. Think the front office wants a center who plays defense whocan shoot decently 5-10 feet away from the basket and well at the free throw line. If Mitch can step up at the foul line then extend him. If not I think he will be traded
    Last edited by flimflamman; 08-18-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    In a tight game last few minutes you would love to have Mitch on the court for defense and rebounds. If he can't hit a foul shot or hit a 8 foot shoot he may have to be taken off the court. The opposing team may just send him to the line and slow the game down. Then Noel is in the game at the end or use Randall at the 5. Think the front office wants a center who plays defense whocan shoot decently 5-10 feet away from the basket and well at the free throw line. If Mitch can step up at the foul line then extend him. If not I think he will be traded
    You want Noel on the floor for offense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

Ummmmm we were a top 4 seed with Noel what has mitch got us

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

He probably means the amount of shots noel contests and takes charge he's done more then Mitch in this area.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Evan is going to make RJ better and his life easier on offense as Reggie's man cheated off him to help guard him. Evans offense is worth the defensive drop. But we shall see right. I think Evan is going to be a fan favorite. You'll come around
    I'm not mad at all I'm cool with Evan bkuz of our lack of options but I wouldn't have minded if we brought Reggie back either

Don't be surprised if grimes sneaks into the starting 5 thibs doesn't care about big names if Evan doesn't play defense he's going to be a sixth man

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    He probably means the amount of shots noel contests and takes charge he's done more then Mitch in this area.

Ntm he's way better on the perimeter too

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You want Noel on the floor for offense?

No that's the point. If you can't play Mitch at the end of the game someone else will be put in. Noel is not a better center but he is a better free throw shooter compared to Mitch. Just saying you want your starting center to be able to close the game, right. It's Mitch's year to improve at the free throw line and to hit a little shot from out to 10 feet atleast average if he wants an extension

Ntm he's way better on the perimeter too
    True Mitch dislikes covering perimeter but I wouldn't say noel is overall better then Mitch.

I'm not mad at all I'm cool with Evan bkuz of our lack of options but I wouldn't have minded if we brought Reggie back either

Don't be surprised if grimes sneaks into the starting 5 thibs doesn't care about big names if Evan doesn't play defense he's going to be a sixth man
    Evan was not overpaid at the end of the day.

No that's the point. If you can't play Mitch at the end of the game someone else will be put in. Noel is not a better center but he is a better free throw shooter compared to Mitch. Just saying you want your starting center to be able to close the game, right. It's Mitch's year to improve at the free throw line and to hit a little shot from out to 10 feet atleast average if he wants an extension
    Noel shoots 65% from the line for his career. It doesnít make up for the fact that he canít catch a ball and isnít an offensive rebounding threat. If you canít close with Mitch you canít close with Noel either

Right..

Fourny has not been a bench player in years. But we signed him to a big deal, to let a rookie start over him. Mind you, Thibs doesnít play rookies like that.

Itís overrated, people crying about defense, and how bad players are. More than half the players in the league arenít good individually. They fit into the team concept just fine. Rose doesnít play good defense. Burks isnít very good either, Thibs played them plenty. Randle was considered terrible his whole career. Fit into the system, he was adequate
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-18-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Noel shoots 65% from the line for his career. It doesnít make up for the fact that he canít catch a ball and isnít an offensive rebounding threat. If you canít close with Mitch you canít close with Noel either

Hence why I have mentioned trading for Turner or who knows KAT as the big name trade in the future. Forget Noel btw, substitute Randall at the 5 or Taj but the point is Mitch if he can't hit a foul shot may be unplayable in a close game at the end, and you lose his defense when you need it the most. Mitch can put my talk to rest if he worked on hitting his foul shots and hitting a short jumper. It's up to Mitch. Do you think he will improve in those areas ?
    Last edited by flimflamman; 08-18-2021 at 09:56 PM.

2021 Knicks Trade/FA Thread

Hence why I have mentioned trading for Turner or who knows KAT as the big name trade in the future. Forget Noel btw, substitute Randall at the 5 or Taj but the point is Mitch if he can't hit a foul shot may be unplayable in a close game at the end, and you lose his defense when you need it the most. Mitch can put my talk to rest if he worked on hitting his foul shots and hitting a short jumper. It's up to Mitch. Do you think he will improve in those areas ?
    Sure. I also donít think it matters as much as you. He never has the ball unless he is an a scoring position and you canít foul off the ball intentionally at the end of the end game do to the hack a Shaq rule. Has anyone ever fouled Mitch intensionally to put him on the line? How many times has he wound up on the line in a critical moment and hurt us? Idk, I canít remember any
    Last edited by ewing; 08-18-2021 at 10:26 PM.