Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1333 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 33383312331283132313311332133313341335 ... LastLast
Results 19,981 to 19,995 of 20141
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    We have RJ and Randle, who both can seemingly get to the rim at will and create for others. Fournier and Kemba also do it to a lesser extent.

Then you have Rose off the bench, who is really good at it. IQ is getting better at it. Burks is OK.

I think we're OK.
    That's just not true.

2021 Knicks Trade/FA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Both, the Lakers and Bucks are top 10 in points in the paint. Knicks were bottom 5. We're much better on the perimeter this yr but we look to be even more dependent on the perimeter shot. Yes, we can win a lot of games this way. I just want a little balance. And, I wouldn't mind having a bit more security from an injury perspective as well.
    and neither had a PG that lived in the paint. My point is you don't need a PG that lives in the paint to get buckets there. I actually agree that the starting 5 might could live on the perimeter too much. I just think there is more than one way to address that. Sexton is one way and I would be all for it.

As is I am hopeful that Mitch as a role threat can help some. If we played Toppin at 5 a couple of mins a game it would up-tempo and allow open the paint. I also think there are ways to use Jules as a roller even without a stretch 5. In the first preseason game whoever got the rebound pushed the ball. This helps too. I think it is something that can be done by committee and is easier with pace and space.
    Last edited by ewing; 10-13-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

We have RJ and Randle, who both can seemingly get to the rim at will and create for others. Fournier and Kemba also do it to a lesser extent.

Then you have Rose off the bench, who is really good at it. IQ is getting better at it. Burks is OK.

I think we're OK.
    I was going to say, penetration has never been an issue.

That's just not true.
    I'm not willing to spend time looking it up, but I've read multiple times that RJ has one of the highest rates among backcourt players for shots at the rim.

I think Randle is pretty self-explanatory. There isn't a PF out there who alone can prevent him from getting to the rim one-way or another. The issue is Randle settles for just a bit too many mid-range jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I was going to say, penetration has never been an issue.
    Agreed. I mean, we had Elf starting last year, and he was pretty good at putting pressure on the rim. But look at all the good that did us.

The real issue for so many years with this team, basically since 2012-13, has been shooting. And we've prioritized that this off-season.

Agreed. I mean, we had Elf starting last year, and he was pretty good at putting pressure on the rim. But look at all the good that did us.

The real issue for so many years with this team, basically since 2012-13, has been shooting. And we've prioritized that this off-season.
    https://www.nba.com/stats/players/dr...mID=1610612752

Barrett apparently averaged almost 12 drives per game while Randle averaged 10. I honestly thought Barrett would less. That is a lot for a secondary ball handler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Barrett apparently averaged almost 12 drives per game while Randle averaged 10. I honestly thought Barrett would less. That is a lot for a secondary ball handler.

What is the criteria for ďa driveĒ exactly? Is it actually getting to the basket? Or a certain amount of dribbles?

On the flip side, his fg% isnít good. Needs to work on finishing. He isnít particularly explosive, so it may need to come from better choices/body positioning

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

As a rookie he was one of the leaders at the wing positions in the entire NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    What is the criteria for ďa driveĒ exactly? Is it actually getting to the basket? Or a certain amount of dribbles?

On the flip side, his fg% isnít good. Needs to work on finishing. He isnít particularly explosive, so it may need to come from better choices/body positioning
    He hasnít finished well. Thatís the issue.

He hasnít finished well. Thatís the issue.
    I mean..., wasn't that the point all along Who cares how many times someone drives? It's about how well you finish and our players, including our guards except Rose, aren't great finishers at the rim. It's that simple.

You guys can say what you will but PG is still an issue for this team. We may lose Kemba and Rose before the season even starts.

I mean..., wasn't that the point all along Who cares how many times someone drives? It's about how well you finish and our players, including our guards except Rose, aren't great finishers at the rim. It's that simple.

You guys can say what you will but PG is still an issue for this team. We may lose Kemba and Rose before the season even starts.
    His issue as in one player. Overall the Knicks have zero issues getting into the paint. Their issue was shooting.

His issue as in one player. Overall the Knicks have zero issues getting into the paint. Their issue was shooting.
    The topic went from slashing and finishing at the rim, to getting in the paint. Who cares how well you get in the paint if you can't finish when you get there (Payton). None of the Knick players are great at attacking and finishing.

The topic went from slashing and finishing at the rim, to getting in the paint. Who cares how well you get in the paint if you can't finish when you get there (Payton). None of the Knick players are great at attacking and finishing.
    I donít think thatís why we lost games

Not enough shooting/firepower was a much bigger factor. In a perfect world, we would have already fixed all weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít think thatís why we lost games

Not enough shooting/firepower was a much bigger factor. In a perfect world, we would have already fixed all weaknesses
    Well, if Payton, RJ, and Randle were better finishers at the rim last yr, I'm pretty sure it would've helped us win more games but my point was more about THIS roster and how we don't have any slashers other than Rose. Just seems weird. Knicks have definitely upgraded but this backcourt still worries me.

Well, if Payton, RJ, and Randle were better finishers at the rim last yr, I'm pretty sure it would've helped us win more games but my point was more about THIS roster and how we don't have any slashers other than Rose. Just seems weird. Knicks have definitely upgraded but this backcourt still worries me.
    I get it. You arenít wrong. But I guess you need to take whats out there. Obviously the FO wasnít pushing all the chips in the middle, or overpaying for anything really.

Not like they arenít still waiting for a move to present itself

And of course we will never know, but I bet we were very interested in Sexton, but the price was probably way high
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 10-14-2021 at 08:56 AM.