Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1325 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 325825122512751315132313241325132613271335 ... LastLast
Results 19,861 to 19,875 of 20140
  1. #19861
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3,610
    Now that Frank Ntilikina is out of New York, next on the Chinatown Hot Pot: Kevin Knox…

    Pretty much, KT alumni Ashley Judd has more stroke than Kevin Knox. He went from Fort Knox to Fool’s gold.

    Mike Greenberg, where are you? You SLAMMED Knick fans for second guessing this pick. How does ESPN keep him around? Maybe he has better behind the scenes tact than Rachel Nichols.

    Obi Toppin is it getting more than 10 min per game unless he does something extraordinary night in and out that he forces Thibs’ hands.

    Remember Julius Randle is a minutes vacuum cleaner. He led the NBA in minutes. Toppin is his back up. Toppin holds “his load” and smiles.

  2. #19862
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,689
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Covid certification, i'm not against the vaccine, but i suffered 33 days, almost didn't make it and still have strong antibodies. Actually it's now said i have 27% stronger antibodies if you want to believe anyone but at this point right now today i'm not getting the shot on principal?
    Don't want this political but it's just how I feel.
    Actually have given up golf outings, and other events as well, hopefully someone gets it right.
    WOW. Never cut off your nose to spite your face.

  3. #19863
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    24,091
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    and I have courtside seats and i'm not allowed to go, all well.
    I assume you have no shortage of takers for those tickets.

  4. #19864
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,656
    Not discussing politics. Coincidentally just yesterday my 20 year old daughter came home and announced she just got her first of two injections of the Covid vaccine. She came home smiling and showed me the proof of first dosage on the CDC little card and then showed me how to download the app to capture the image of the card and state ID so we don't have to worry about losing it. She had resisted getting the vaccine out of principle as well, despite having diabetes. I was surprised she got the vaccine and I asked her why she resisted it so vehemently in the past and she thought about it for a few moments and said, " I don't know why I refused for so long ".
    Last edited by flimflamman; 09-22-2021 at 01:35 PM.

  5. #19865
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    53,023
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Not discussing politics. Coincidentally just yesterday my 20 year old daughter came home and announced she just got her first of two injections of the Covid vaccine. She came home smiling and showed me the proof of first dosage on the CDC little card and then showed me how to download the app to capture the image of the card and state ID so we don't have to worry about losing it. She had resisted getting the vaccine out of principle as well, despite having diabetes. I was surprised she got the vaccine and I asked her why she resisted it so vehemently in the past and she thought about it for a few moments and said, " I don't know why I refused for so long ".
    right forget politics lets talk science, Israel and US Dr's are saying im 27% higher in antibodies than anyone with two shots? My brother, and three employees have had both shots and show no antibodies and now need the booster, sorry it won't end with two shots. While i'm still rolling with a high antibody count

  6. #19866
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,177
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    right forget politics lets talk science, Israel and US Dr's are saying im 27% higher in antibodies than anyone with two shots? My brother, and three employees have had both shots and show no antibodies and now need the booster, sorry it won't end with two shots. While i'm still rolling with a high antibody count
    Just so the people have the facts:

    Does a coronavirus infection provide protective immunity?

    Though other arms of the immune system might become involved, studies so far suggest that the key to fighting the virus correlates with the production of antibodies.

    Though protection is decent for those who have previously had COVID-19, health experts say it is not as strong as when people get vaccinated.

    So that’s why there is that recommendation that despite having had COVID before, for full protection the vaccination is the best way to go,” said Dr. Lisa Maragakis, senior director for infection prevention at Johns Hopkins.

    A prior infection offers protection in the range of 80%, compared to about 95% for the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, said Dr. John Wherry, director of the Institute for Immunology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. That means about 15 to 20 out of every 100 people who have previously had COVID-19 could get reinfected, while 5 out of every 100 people who got an mRNA vaccine might get infected.

    People with more severe infections appear to have stronger antibody responses than those who had milder or asymptomatic infections, Maragakis said.

    https://whyy.org/articles/what-immun...eed-a-vaccine/

  7. #19867
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    53,023
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I assume you have no shortage of takers for those tickets.
    lol yea, i've already given the first preseason game away, but pending i have time or things can change i'm holding those courtside seats for now. Albany already has stopped the mandated shots for hospital and schools on LI so we shall see what the outcome is, I have tons of time, almost a month lol.

  8. #19868
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    53,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Just so the people have the facts:

    Does a coronavirus infection provide protective immunity?

    Though other arms of the immune system might become involved, studies so far suggest that the key to fighting the virus correlates with the production of antibodies.

    Though protection is decent for those who have previously had COVID-19, health experts say it is not as strong as when people get vaccinated.

    So that’s why there is that recommendation that despite having had COVID before, for full protection the vaccination is the best way to go,” said Dr. Lisa Maragakis, senior director for infection prevention at Johns Hopkins.

    A prior infection offers protection in the range of 80%, compared to about 95% for the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, said Dr. John Wherry, director of the Institute for Immunology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. That means about 15 to 20 out of every 100 people who have previously had COVID-19 could get reinfected, while 5 out of every 100 people who got an mRNA vaccine might get infected.

    People with more severe infections appear to have stronger antibody responses than those who had milder or asymptomatic infections, Maragakis said.

    https://whyy.org/articles/what-immun...eed-a-vaccine/
    depends on the research and where and when, and i almost did not survive, 33 days of hell, so yea my antibody count is still extremely high, unlike people with shots where you lose the antibodies completely, no accounts on that study huh?

    Ok done with politics that is a different forum lol, i believe in the constitutional rights and if the shots are that good what is all the worry? Anyone who believes all these studies and flip flopping should be golden having had the shots, correct?

    Back to the Knicks..........next week camp is officially open, can't wait to hear what Thibs will say or answer to questions.

  9. #19869
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,656
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    depends on the research and where and when, and i almost did not survive, 33 days of hell, so yea my antibody count is still extremely high, unlike people with shots where you lose the antibodies completely, no accounts on that study huh?

    Ok done with politics that is a different forum lol, i believe in the constitutional rights and if the shots are that good what is all the worry? Anyone who believes all these studies and flip flopping should be golden having had the shots, correct?

    Back to the Knicks..........next week camp is officially open, can't wait to hear what Thibs will say or answer to questions.
    We avoided politics just discussed the vaccine. Plus you brought it up in the first place. So I suppose we should all just go thru 33 days of hell to get the value of the antibodies, is that what your advocating ? Id rather get the vaccine and wear the mask and lessen the risk. I m personally glad to embrace anyone's political differences but I am over the roof my daughter got vaccinated. My wife and I work with the public in our jobs. I am diabetic and my wife is near retirement age and I want to be able remodel the house and leave it to my daughter and be there for her just a few more years. I had relatives that died from the virus in the past year. This is not political it's public health. How people made it politics is beyond me. Don't be too comfortable with your antibodies my coworker got covid twice
    Last edited by flimflamman; 09-22-2021 at 08:44 PM.

  10. #19870
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,177
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    depends on the research and where and when, and i almost did not survive, 33 days of hell, so yea my antibody count is still extremely high, unlike people with shots where you lose the antibodies completely, no accounts on that study huh?

    Ok done with politics that is a different forum lol, i believe in the constitutional rights and if the shots are that good what is all the worry? Anyone who believes all these studies and flip flopping should be golden having had the shots, correct?

    Back to the Knicks..........next week camp is officially open, can't wait to hear what Thibs will say or answer to questions.
    That's precisely why you should've gotten the shot earlier. Clearly, there's a reason why 98% of the people being hospitalized are unvaccinated. You keep saying enough with politics, but you're the only one talking about politics, everyone else is talking about health.

  11. #19871
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    53,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    That's precisely why you should've gotten the shot earlier. Clearly, there's a reason why 98% of the people being hospitalized are unvaccinated. You keep saying enough with politics, but you're the only one talking about politics, everyone else is talking about health.
    well then you totally missed it, no shot was even available when i had Covid or else i'd of taken it, not stupid, I said i'm all for the vaccination, but i have antibodies, exactly why i should not be forced to have the vaccination.

    your post said exactly what i've been all about, we agree but you just aren't getting it.

  12. #19872
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,485
    Imagine if the Knicks decide to trade for Ben Simmons but I just can't see the Knicks doing it. If Kemba wasn't already traded to the Knicks, then I could have seen Simmons in New York but I can't see it. Plus the Knicks already have a playoff ready team.

  13. #19873
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Just so the people have the facts:

    Does a coronavirus infection provide protective immunity?

    Though other arms of the immune system might become involved, studies so far suggest that the key to fighting the virus correlates with the production of antibodies.

    Though protection is decent for those who have previously had COVID-19, health experts say it is not as strong as when people get vaccinated.

    So that’s why there is that recommendation that despite having had COVID before, for full protection the vaccination is the best way to go,” said Dr. Lisa Maragakis, senior director for infection prevention at Johns Hopkins.

    A prior infection offers protection in the range of 80%, compared to about 95% for the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, said Dr. John Wherry, director of the Institute for Immunology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. That means about 15 to 20 out of every 100 people who have previously had COVID-19 could get reinfected, while 5 out of every 100 people who got an mRNA vaccine might get infected.

    People with more severe infections appear to have stronger antibody responses than those who had milder or asymptomatic infections, Maragakis said.

    https://whyy.org/articles/what-immun...eed-a-vaccine/
    Don't read single sources.

    Israel study, where the majority of the population is vaccinated, showed conclusively that those with natural immunity from having had COVID had significantly better protection than those who were vaccinated.

    Every day more and more reports are coming out about the fact that the majority of hospital/clinical treated cases are from people that were already vaccinated.

    There are a super high rate of adverse events for the vaccines, and they are being under reported and CDC changed the guidelines to link reactions to vaccine only after 14 days.

    UK has also shown high percentages of vaccinated people getting COVID.

    Trinidad and Tobago doctor relayed that during COVID time they had 100+ deaths, but since vaccinations started they have over 1000 deaths.

    There have been strong correlations between what people are calling the "Delta Variant" and vaccination campaigns.

    New England Journal of Medicine now publishing that pregnant women do have something to worry about taking the vaccine, after it was blared everywhere that it was safe for them.

    Death rate among young people is at least 50 or more times greater from the vaccine than from COVID.

    Information is your friend, but if you are only looking at the rebound stat in the box score, you are not getting the whole picture of what a player is doing on the court. You have to look at all the stats, plus watch the games. And even though the CDC publishes the real data, what is highlighted is cherry picked stats and talking point angles.

    Last I checked, the actual number of people that died exclusively from COVID was less than 20K since the "Pandemic" began. All other "COVID" deaths had average of nearly 3 comorbidities and mean age was over 70+.

  14. #19874
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    53,023
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    We avoided politics just discussed the vaccine. Plus you brought it up in the first place. So I suppose we should all just go thru 33 days of hell to get the value of the antibodies, is that what your advocating ? Id rather get the vaccine and wear the mask and lessen the risk. I m personally glad to embrace anyone's political differences but I am over the roof my daughter got vaccinated. My wife and I work with the public in our jobs. I am diabetic and my wife is near retirement age and I want to be able remodel the house and leave it to my daughter and be there for her just a few more years. I had relatives that died from the virus in the past year. This is not political it's public health. How people made it politics is beyond me. Don't be too comfortable with your antibodies my coworker got covid twice
    wow just wow, do you read and understand posts, this post is very concerning? Sorry but this is your interpretation, none of this is anything of what i wrote, none, repeat i'm an advocate of the Vaccine but also believe in natural immunity by having Covid, and not the Covid with no symptons. Those that had prior to the shot to make it clear, no you don't wait for Covid, quite a stupid concept more like ridiculous.

    I only replied this way because you are putting words in my replies that are just not true and fabricated.

    So hopefully you understand my stance now, hopefully but in all honesty i really don't give a crap I care about me and my family and friends and individuals legal rights. But you also need to be smart, pretty simple concept one would think?

  15. #19875
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tri Borough, so thorough
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post

    New England Journal of Medicine now publishing that pregnant women do have something to worry about taking the vaccine, after it was blared everywhere that it was safe for them.
    Could you provide a link to this? I just read some updates on the NEJM study, and it didn't come to the conclusion you're asserting. Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •