Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1324 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 324824122412741314132213231324132513261334 ... LastLast
Results 19,846 to 19,860 of 20136

2021 Knicks Trade/FA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Nah, itís far from ďall-star or bustĒ

He doesnít have to look like an all star ever, to be valuable. But he does have to be a solid contributor for a good portion of his rookie deal, for me to consider him not a bust. You donít take a guy in the top 10 hoping he becomes a good player in year 6 lol

And thereís a big difference on a guy having a few good games in 12 minutes a game, vs. doing it most nights in 20 or more minutes
    Whose taking about year 6? If heís bad Iíll say he is bad. Frank was bad for 3 seasons. Barrett was bad for most of his rookie year. Toppin was bad for a good portion of his rookie season then was decent in a limit role to close. Iím hoping for more but if he can be the same off ball and transition threat he was to close and hit more open 3s I think heíll be valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-18-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Whose taking about year 6? If heís bad Iíll say he is bad. Frank was bad for 3 seasons. Barrett was bad for most of his rookie year. Toppin was bad for a good portion of his rookie season then was decent in a limit role to close. Iím hoping for more but if he can be the same off ball and transition threat he was to close and hit more open 3s I think heíll be valuable.

I agree but I think he is going to surprise a lot of people. I think he makes the biggest jump on the team this season and forces Thibs to get him on the floor somehow... not many 4s can run with him and he has always been a good passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I agree but I think he is going to surprise a lot of people. I think he makes the biggest jump on the team this season and forces Thibs to get him on the floor somehow... not many 4s can run with him and he has always been a good passer.
    That would be a welcome development

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Im with ya I started taking up .Toppin transition ability and pure speed after about a month. Dude runs like a deer.

Im with ya I started taking up .Toppin transition ability and pure speed after about a month. Dude runs like a deer.

Thibbs isn't known to play up-tempo ball, especially considering his best player is Randle... but if Knox, RJ, and Toppin could defend and rebound, seeing those 3 change the pace on the break with a PG would be fun.

2021 Knicks Trade/FA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Thibbs isn't known to play up-tempo ball, especially considering his best player is Randle... but if Knox, RJ, and Toppin could defend and rebound, seeing those 3 change the pace on the break with a PG would be fun.
    I donít think Barrett is great in transition . I actually think him and Randle both limit secondary breaks by ball holding. Knoxs can get get 3s in bunches on a running team. Toppin beats guys down court regularly, has wide receiver hands, and is a vertical threat who can finish .
    Last edited by ewing; 09-21-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but I did get a chuckle out of the Dallas Knicks. KP, Tim and Frank were to be the foundation for the franchise.
    It is also quite ironic that Frank ended up with the Mavs after the Frank vs DSJ debate. Apparently all sides were less than accurate.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but I did get a chuckle out of the Dallas Knicks. KP, Tim and Frank were to be the foundation for the franchise.
    It is also quite ironic that Frank ended up with the Mavs after the Frank vs DSJ debate. Apparently all sides were less than accurate.
    Sheed would say "both teams draft bad"

my guess on Frank, but with Luka running things as point whatever, having Smith, Timmy, Bully on the wings, having Brunson as the back up pg, and Sterling Brown shooting 43% from three who can play defense, played 24m got a two yr contract for 6m..........Frank will be in that same type situation even worse and be a situational player. Heck he has to compete with Trey who has two years left at 3.5m each year.

Not exactly an easy ride and i didn't even include Terry and Green who both have 3 year deals. He has some work to do.

28 days to opening day

actually 5 out of the 15 man roster are ex knicks:

KP, Frank, Timmy, Bully, Trey

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    28 days to opening day
    and I have courtside seats and i'm not allowed to go, all well.

I donít think Barrett is great in transition . I actually think him and Randle both limit secondary breaks by ball holding. Knoxs can get get 3s in bunches on a running team. Toppin beats guys down court regularly, has wide receiver hands, and is a vertical threat who can finish .
    both Randle and RJ get boards and go though, so there is breaks with them. I want to see Mitch do more rebounding and outlet passes to help us in transition as well, not just look to hand the ball off after he holds it.

Never saw better than Wes Unseld, he needs to learn that ability. Noel just can't do it. He has to learn to board first lol

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    and I have courtside seats and i'm not allowed to go, all well.
    Why not ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Why not ?
    Covid certification, i'm not against the vaccine, but i suffered 33 days, almost didn't make it and still have strong antibodies. Actually it's now said i have 27% stronger antibodies if you want to believe anyone but at this point right now today i'm not getting the shot on principal?
    Don't want this political but it's just how I feel.
    Actually have given up golf outings, and other events as well, hopefully someone gets it right.