Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 537 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast
    I donít care what anyone says.
    This team needs a veteran point guard ASAP and has needed a point guard in the worst way for the longest time now .
    You see what Jason Kidd did for this team and he was on the last year of his career. But just the experience he brought and the leadership. Thatís what this young group of guys need badly is a point guard than can lead this team and bring valuable experience that canít be overlooked. Plus get the team in order and distribute the rock to the guys who deserve it and get the ball moving and make the game easier for pretty much every guy on our team who is going to have a difficult time creating there own shots and just getting adjusted to the nba .
    The only guys we have on our team that even resemble a leader is possibly Payton or bullock or I guess randle but even then guys need someone to still show them how to win so we canít count on them .
    I like Patyon but I bet he could improve even more if we had a guy like Chris Paul on our team showing him the way . That goes for frank nilly as well . Chris Paul would do wonder for this team !!
    And thibs would love to have a guy like him setting examples on and off the court .
    For crying out loud we are in nyc with a team full of young bucks about to turn 21 and we donít get some vets on this team soon than it can take a wrong turn quick .
    I honestly wouldnít mind trading away
    Randle / not a good fit
    Dsj - I just donít see any positives from him at all
    Knox - Iím still unsure but at this point in his third season he just looks very blah and not aggressive enough , he looks lost most of the time . I donít want to trash the kid cause heís still young but heís the type of player that can benefit from having a vet like letís say Carmelo on the team showing him what it takes to win and how to carry yourself in this league and in nyc .
    And than we have Mitch - who I love but I bet his value is at an all time high right now .
    Anyway Iím just saying we need a point guard and Iím sure we can put some type of package together to get one . That wonít hurt this team for the future .
    I donít want to trade away our own picks but we do have the Dallas picks and plenty of seconds to trade away .
    We have so many top ten picks on our team basically everyone is a top ten pick right down the board
    Mkg
    Noel
    I got to go
    Letís go knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Agreed. Continue the rebuild, develop our young players so we can see what we have, and above all else do not trade first round draft picks that will prevent the rebuild. Knicks are being smart for once...
    My only question is since we do not have a capable PG do we just let Obi flounder for a year. I am all in for the tank but a full year with no capable PG puts off development for another season.

2020-21 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    My only question is since we do not have a capable PG do we just let Obi flounder for a year. I am all in for the tank but a full year with no capable PG puts off development for another season.
    Payton is good at setting up bigs. There is 0 reason he canít develop. His numbers and responsibilities might be easier with a different group but no one stepping him from getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 12-16-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Payton is good at setting up bigs. There is 0 reason he canít develop. His numbers and responsibilities might be easier with a different group but no one stepping him from getting better.

The only thing I will say is I wish the Knicks signed a better playmaker for our young guys to flourish. I guess Payton is OK with that but I would even have preferred Teague over him.

I think the FO views RJ as the only long term keeper here. If you strip everything else back thatís really all you have. Everyone else is a replaceable role player. I think thatís why they drafted Obi, they thought he was BPA, better than the PGs and that we needed a talented big to pair with RJ long term just as much as a PG. The closer we get to the season itís becoming clear that they arenít that high on Mitch. RJ is the only foundation piece in their eyes.

The fact that we havenít had a PG in ages doesnít change the fact that RJ is the only piece we have as part of a top level core (and excluding support pieces). They felt Obi was the best shot at a top level core piece to pair with RJ.

If you tear it all back, RJ and Obi is a nice mix of skills for a duo, and if you compare it to the rest of the options it seems to have the most promise to me outside of maybe RJ/Deni.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-16-2020 at 06:18 PM.

That said, it doesnít excuse for Randle being here, not finding a reliable PG yet etc. But if you are talking about the long game all that really matters is building your core and RJ and Obi is the core so far, Randle will be gone and opportunities will come for a PG in the long game.

I think they blocked out the rest of the noise when it came to the Obi pick and just got the BPA to pair with RJ long term since everything else is pretty insignificant to the long game. Randle, Payton, the 33rd pick PGs annoy us for this season but mean nothing really in the grand scheme.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-16-2020 at 06:23 PM.

We really dodged a bullet with Hayward I told yall he was injury prone

Realistically can we trade Mitchell Robinson and Frank for Lamelo Ball ?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    That said, it doesnít excuse for Randle being here, not finding a reliable PG yet etc. But if you are talking about the long game all that really matters is building your core and RJ and Obi is the core so far, Randle will be gone and opportunities will come for a PG in the long game.

I think they blocked out the rest of the noise when it came to the Obi pick and just got the BPA to pair with RJ long term since everything else is pretty insignificant to the long game. Randle, Payton, the 33rd pick PGs annoy us for this season but mean nothing really in the grand scheme.
    No opportunity is coming and no PG is coming the last time Knicks had a deal for PG was in 2013 that was 7 years ago since then they have fired dozens of coaches thinking it's a coaching problem and the scary part is they will continue to do so.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

What Payton clogs the paint he's a horrible fit for obi

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Realistically can we trade Mitchell Robinson and Frank for Lamelo Ball ?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    What Payton clogs the paint he's a horrible fit for obi
    Teammates donít hold players back near as much as you guys make it sound. Opponents do a much better job of that.

Last edited by ewing; 12-16-2020 at 08:49 PM.

2023 Mavs and a future Knicks 1st and another piece for MPJ.

PG ???
    SG RJ
    SF MPJ
    PF Obi
    C Mitch or idk

Teammates donít hold players back near as much as you guys make it sound. Opponents do a much better job of that.

They do if they donít fit and allow opposing teams to exploit that. Payton canít space the floor or shoot, allowing teams to switch and pack the paint. Any PG who could shoot would command traps and more attention, teams just sag off Payton and all we are left are 7-8 seconds of the Randle spin cycle.

Trade Randle, Payton and Mitch for picks.

Anything Denver wants for MPJ just make it happen. There is a storm brewing in Denver jump on it before it's to late.

Page 5 of 537 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast