Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 280 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Giannis dumb af he bout to sign the supermax
    Hes dumb for signing 284 million lmao
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Just tossing this out there for fun, not going to happen and Im sure some will hate it, but, would you do Mitch/Knox/DSJ/Randle plus the Dallas picks for Harden?

Im sure Houston would want more than that but this is just a hypothetical.

Frank-Harden-RJ-Obi-Noel
    Payton-Rivers-Burks-Iggy-Spellman
    Harper-Quick-Bullock-MKG-Skal

Something like that. Wed still have all our own picks. This wont happen anyway but just throwing it at the wall
    Theyd want more but yes in a second
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Your weekly reminder that we should not make any trades. That is all.

have a good day

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Your weekly reminder that we should not make any trades. That is all.

have a good day
    Agreed. Continue the rebuild, develop our young players so we can see what we have, and above all else do not trade first round draft picks that will prevent the rebuild. Knicks are being smart for once...

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Agreed. Continue the rebuild, develop our young players so we can see what we have, and above all else do not trade first round draft picks that will prevent the rebuild. Knicks are being smart for once...
    Amen...
    We should start to send letters addressed to Leon Rose and company stating the same.
    If they do, we know where there wives, kids, and pets are...

I think most would agree with the plan but the issue is more about the implementation. Choosing Obi was fine but...once again, there's an argument for other players but when we don't choose a PG with the 2nd 1st or the 2nd round pick we had, that's when you start scratching your head again.

3rd thing in a short period of time was not doing something about Randle on this roster when it was clear his fit was bad and he would inadvertently block 3 youngsters from minutes including this yrs draft pick that we were wiling to make big moves for and planning to get for a long time.

I liked many of the new things this regime has done but moves still need to be made this yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I think most would agree with the plan but the issue is more about the implementation. Choosing Obi was fine but...once again, there's an argument for other players but when we don't choose a PG with the 2nd 1st or the 2nd round pick we had, that's when you start scratching your head again.

3rd thing in a short period of time was not doing something about Randle on this roster when it was clear his fit was bad and he would inadvertently block 3 youngsters from minutes including this yrs draft pick that we were wiling to make big moves for and planning to get for a long time.

I liked many of the new things this regime has done but moves still need to be made this yr.
    Let's imagine for a second that Knicks management is using logic and long-term planning. I know it's hard. But just try. They realize that the roster we currently have constructed is going to be one of the worst teams in the NBA. They look at the upcoming nba draft and realize that the top of the draftboard has a PG, PG, SG. Currently our best player is a SG/SF. Doesn't it make sense to draft an upside PF to pair with that group? To fill the gap you sign a veteran PG as a stopgap to a 1 year deal (Hi Elf!) and let your two young PGs compete with him. When inevitably none of them step up, you draft the PG of the future in 2021 and build around him, RJ and Obi.

Kristaps Porzingis

Let's imagine for a second that Knicks management is using logic and long-term planning. I know it's hard. But just try. They realize that the roster we currently have constructed is going to be one of the worst teams in the NBA. They look at the upcoming nba draft and realize that the top of the draftboard has a PG, PG, SG. Currently our best player is a SG/SF. Doesn't it make sense to draft an upside PF to pair with that group? To fill the gap you sign a veteran PG as a stopgap to a 1 year deal (Hi Elf!) and let your two young PGs compete with him. When inevitably none of them step up, you draft the PG of the future in 2021 and build around him, RJ and Obi.
    Negative. First off, you can't predict where you'll be positioned for the draft anymore and when you sign stop gaps, ala last yr and just about every yr the last 4 yrs, you wind up winning a few more games which then screws up your draft pick odds. We've done it 3 yrs in a row.

I can't defend the Randle signing.

But the Obi pick showed me that the Knicks did not like any of the PGs in this draft not named Ball and he was not available. The Knicks chose what they think was BPA.

They also showed that they felt they could get a PG in next years draft which will be far stronger than this years. I cant argue with that as I am high on several PGs next year.

We will be terrible this year. We just have to accept that. Continue to develop the young guys and hold onto our firsts is what we should be doing.

I can't defend the Randle signing.

But the Obi pick showed me that the Knicks did not like any of the PGs in this draft not named Ball and he was not available. The Knicks chose what they think was BPA.

They also showed that they felt they could get a PG in next years draft which will be far stronger than this years. I cant argue with that as I am high on several PGs next year.

We will be terrible this year. We just have to accept that. Continue to develop the young guys and hold onto our firsts is what we should be doing.
    I have no problem being terrible but I think it's more important to let the kids sink or swim. We're gonna lose a LOT and guys like Noel, Burks, Randle, and Payton will likely all be getting 30 plus minutes a game. Once again, if we're implementing a rebuild why are we likely to play all these vets, including Rivers and Bully..lol...and why are we signing a coach who's already asking the team to be aggressive in getting a star??? Something has to give.

I think management might have the right idea with the overall plan but I'm still second guessing the implementation. We'll see
    Last edited by Bivory; 12-16-2020 at 03:09 PM.

I have no problem being terrible but I think it's more important to let the kids sink or swim. We're gonna lose a LOT and guys like Noel, Burks, Randle, and Payton will likely all be getting 30 plus minutes a game. Once again, if we're implementing a rebuild why are we likely to play all these vets, including Rivers and Bully..lol...and why are we signing a coach who's already asking the team to be aggressive in getting a star??? Something has to give.

I think management might have the right idea with the overall plan but I'm still second guessing the implementation. We'll see
    I agree with you and this is why I posted a couple weeks ago that I dont think everyone within the Knicks front office is on the same page. We sign a win now coach with veterans, meanwhile Rose and Perrin. preach patience and the draft. Then Thibs comes out recently and says teams need to be aggressive acquiring super stars. I think he really wanted Westbrook.

Personally I have real concerns this FO may be every bit as agenda driven as years past. I already see red flags of the nepotism game being played and its not a healthy environment to create imo.

Negative. First off, you can't predict where you'll be positioned for the draft anymore and when you sign stop gaps, ala last yr and just about every yr the last 4 yrs, you wind up winning a few more games which then screws up your draft pick odds. We've done it 3 yrs in a row.
    You can't predict your exact draft slot but you can see it is a guard heavy at the top. That's not a stretch at all to look one year ahead and see that. That could be a tiebreaker between Haliburton and Obi for example. I also think we have a bad habit of lumping all our past decisions in with new management. Can we give Leon Rose and Thibs a chance before we blame them for things that happened before they came? It's not like they traded 3 first round picks to get Westbrook. They haven't traded any picks. They haven't made any big signings that tie up the cap. If you disagree with the moves then critique them individually but I am seeing a lot of people reference mistakes from before they came.

Kristaps Porzingis

You can't predict your exact draft slot but you can see it is a guard heavy at the top. That's not a stretch at all to look one year ahead and see that. That could be a tiebreaker between Haliburton and Obi for example. I also think we have a bad habit of lumping all our past decisions in with new management. Can we give Leon Rose and Thibs a chance before we blame them for things that happened before they came? It's not like they traded 3 first round picks to get Westbrook. They haven't traded any picks. They haven't made any big signings that tie up the cap. If you disagree with the moves then critique them individually but I am seeing a lot of people reference mistakes from before they came.
    Guard heavy at the top?? hmm, if I had a GM who told me he was making draft picks ths yr, based on what MIGHT be available next yr, I would probably look to replace that GM. just my opinion...

Agree with what Biv said below.

And more generally, I'm tired of giving our front offices credit for doing the bare minimum. Like yeah it's good that they didn't trade away multiple 1sts for Russell Westbrook, but 29 other teams also found in within themselves to have restraint and avoid doing that. The fact that we even have to wonder if they're going to pull the trigger on some awful trade like that is bad enough.

Page 4 of 280 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast