Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 944 of 1328 FirstFirst ... 4448448949349429439449459469549941044 ... LastLast
Results 14,146 to 14,160 of 19916
    guys need to read or basically think why they would include Prince in a deal and they basically say it?

You add salary you need to get more back in the deal, the problem with them trading Sexton is he makes 6m so not much from teams with no cap can they get much back.

So by adding one of Love or Prince actually hurts the Knicks chances because now your added many more opportunities for a much better package get over 21m say with Prince so someone has to have assets to match that salary and or add picks.

Here is the actual rumor:

ďI like that idea,Ē said Terry Pluto of Cleveland.com when asked about the possibility of the Cavaliers keeping Sexton. ďIíve heard the Cavs have been trying to pair him with Kevin Love ($60 million over two years) or Taurean Prince ($15 million in 2021-22) to get something decent in return.Ē
    In Love's case i can see more a salary dump but in Prince it's to better the return and add salary to the trade.

In the Knicks case getting Sexton and Prince is a homerun, one player for today and the future and the other very needed at SF and can play PF who we don't have on the cap for next year, which is the scenario of saving cap for next year that is being thrown around.

A package of Obi, Knox and pick isn't getting it done, and throw in Prince it's may not get done with two picks. That could open the door for teams like Philly, Lakers, NO etc who have much better returns than that package and its not close.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    guys need to read or basically think why they would include Prince in a deal and they basically say it?

You add salary you need to get more back in the deal, the problem with them trading Sexton is he makes 6m so not much from teams with no cap can they get much back.

So by adding one of Love or Prince actually hurts the Knicks chances because now your added many more opportunities for a much better package get over 21m say with Prince so someone has to have assets to match that salary and or add picks.

Here is the actual rumor:

In Love's case i can see more a salary dump but in Prince it's to better the return and add salary to the trade.

In the Knicks case getting Sexton and Prince is a homerun, one player for today and the future and the other very needed at SF and can play PF who we don't have on the cap for next year, which is the scenario of saving cap for next year that is being thrown around.

A package of Obi, Knox and pick isn't getting it done, and throw in Prince it's may not get done with two picks. That could open the door for teams like Philly, Lakers, NO etc who have much better returns than that package and its not close.
    Youíre assuming Prince is good when heís actually quite bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Agreed. It would be different if you were adding Nance or that center with the afro to Sexton.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    what part of expiring did you miss, and Prince has a ton of talent, to say he's bad is just not a good statement, I remember posters in here loving him, Rican comes to mind, but he has talent and is athletic, strong, tough, can shoot,

I mean there are so many players that are tough and can shoot over 40% from three, yea that qualified for actually quite bad?

My goodness!

No one is taking Love and Sexton, and giving them back a top level player lol. Thatís similar to how we had to Put KP in together with 2 bad contracts, just to move them.

Prince isnít helping a return either.

If thatís their thinking, then we have a good shot at robbing them after all lol

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No one is taking Love and Sexton, and giving them back a top level player lol. Thatís similar to how we had to Put KP in together with 2 bad contracts, just to move them.

Prince isnít helping a return either.

If thatís their thinking, then we have a good shot at robbing them after all lol
    Shady i love your fan hood for the Knicks really do, but at some point we have to realize every deal will not favor us to land a Pg for example. Everyone wants a steal, everyone wants a player but won't pay his asking price when other teams have with other players with equal or less talent.

Knick fans IMO have a bit too much entitlement. I honestly can't wait for the next couple of weeks and see what this FO is going to do or not do.

Some fans want Ball, some don't
    some fans want Sexton on the cheap only
    Some fans want Powell, some think he's too small
    Some fans want Oubre, others say he stinks
    Some want CP3 others don't like his age
    it keeps going......opinions are great we all have them, but how long i've been waiting for this offseason and it's around the corner.

Shady i love your fan hood for the Knicks really do, but at some point we have to realize every deal will not favor us to land a Pg for example. Everyone wants a steal, everyone wants a player but won't pay his asking price when other teams have with other players with equal or less talent.

Knick fans IMO have a bit too much entitlement. I honestly can't wait for the next couple of weeks and see what this FO is going to do or not do.

Some fans want Ball, some don't
    some fans want Sexton on the cheap only
    Some fans want Powell, some think he's too small
    Some fans want Oubre, others say he stinks
    Some want CP3 others don't like his age
    it keeps going......opinions are great we all have them, but how long i've been waiting for this offseason and it's around the corner.
    Iíve said all along itís laughable some of the supposed packages/offers for Sexton mentioned here. We arenít stealing him, unless their FO is even more incompetent than we think

That being said, Loves deal is a straight up anchor. Completely cripples most teams cap situation. And im honestly not so sure there should be any urgency on their part. Itís not like they are going to be some kind of prime FA destination, if they do clear the books

I think we make a lot of sense for Sexton though. If we are taking him at what he is right now, more of a gunner/scorer than facilitator, that still works for us. I also think we donít have the concerns as much as other teams as far as worrying how he fits with another star. We donít have a clear #1 guy. So itís there for the taking
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-23-2021 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iíve said all along itís laughable some of the supposed packages/offers for Sexton mentioned here. We arenít stealing him, unless their FO is even more incompetent than we think

That being said, Loves deal is a straight up anchor. Completely cripples most teams cap situation. And im honestly not so sure there should be any urgency on their part. Itís not like they are going to be some kind of prime FA destination, if they do clear the books
    agreed, only hope is Cleve really wants him gone or fears no return once he hits RFA and will take a modest package now vs nothing later. Only thing I could say odds say we are do one of those trades it's been a while lol

Sixers Likely To Trade No. 28 Pick?
    July 23rd, 2021 at 3:06pm CST by Luke Adams
    The Sixers have had discussions about moving the No. 28 pick in the 2021 NBA draft and are open to trading that selection in a deal for future assets or a veteran contributor, writes Keith Pompey of The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Kyle Neubeck of PhillyVoice.com, who first reported that the 76ers were exploring trading their first-round selection, hears from a source that thereís a ďvery good chanceĒ the pick is on the move on or before draft night. Philadelphiaís goal, Neubeck notes, is to add another starter-level player to its rotation, so even if the team trades No. 28 for future assets, it may look to flip those assets for a veteran.

Sixers Likely To Trade No. 28 Pick?
    July 23rd, 2021 at 3:06pm CST by Luke Adams
    The Sixers have had discussions about moving the No. 28 pick in the 2021 NBA draft and are open to trading that selection in a deal for future assets or a veteran contributor, writes Keith Pompey of The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Kyle Neubeck of PhillyVoice.com, who first reported that the 76ers were exploring trading their first-round selection, hears from a source that thereís a ďvery good chanceĒ the pick is on the move on or before draft night. Philadelphiaís goal, Neubeck notes, is to add another starter-level player to its rotation, so even if the team trades No. 28 for future assets, it may look to flip those assets for a veteran.
    How many picks do you want to get.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Sign Lonzo
    Sign Oubre
    Re-sign Rose, Noel, Bullock and Burks.

Run it back with mostly the same squad. Just 2 new pieces. And we still have our assets to upgrade the roster via trade. I think 18 a piece for Zo and Oubre should work.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    How many picks do you want to get.

Actually I don't think we have anything they want but since you asked add another pick to move up further is not terrible. Again DNA to Knicks imo

Actually I don't think we have anything they want but since you asked add another pick to move up further is not terrible. Again DNA to Knicks imo
    I rather Knicks trade there picks for starting PG then draft Knox Obi Frank 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Good job Leon this dude drafted Knox in the most loaded top 10 draft ever bravo Knicks urgh.

IMHO He's onlya figurehead for typical day to day team GM duties. He will not make a move unless it's cleared by Rose and WWW. Perry will make the pick he's told to make. Perry won't make a trade unless he's told to. Based on this I'm not worried about him staying on as our GM.

Operation Kawhi:

Receive (35M/3y)
    Choose the PG you want: Lowry or Conley (20M/2y)
    Tickets for "Uncle Dennis" alongside Spike Lee

Lowry - Rose - Vildoza
    Barrett - Quickley
    Kahwi - pick19 - pick32
    Randle - Toppin
    Mitch - Taj - pick21