Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 895 of 1324 FirstFirst ... 395795845885893894895896897905945995 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,425 of 19846
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I'm looking at it from a defensive perspective and aside from last yrs crazy metrics that say Randle is an elite defender, neither of them posses the ability to guard C's well and both aren't good at protecting the rim. Round hole square peg. Time to cut our losses especially if there's a great trade to be had.
    Weíre talking about for stretches, not for 48 minutes per game. What do you think the majority of the teams around the league do when they go small? Do you think they are caught up on rim protection? Get with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i don't want to speak for Biv, but I think he's more saying that Obi is still a ? and if the trade is OBI, Knox and pick even add in Dallas 2023 then how do you not take advantage of utilizing Obi to get Sexton?

If that is what he said, I fully agree lol
    If the issue is that Obi just isnít good, thatís fine. If itís the Knicks canít play smaller because they need rim protection for 48 minutes, thatís nonsense.

Thereís no reason Randle canít play C for stretches. That is actually how teams got the best of him prior to him joining the Knicks. It allowed them to play smaller, faster, and create mismatches. Thereís no C that can guard him. This is a league that leans heavily towards the offensive side of the ball. Itís ok to not prioritize defense for stretches of games to boost offensive production. Also, there are very few Cs that are going to bully Randle and it can be done when other teams go small instead of always playing big.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-18-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    If the issue is that Obi just isnít good, thatís fine. If itís the Knicks canít play smaller because they need rim protection for 48 minutes, thatís nonsense.

Thereís no reason Randle canít play C for stretches. That is actually how teams got the best of him prior to him joining the Knicks. It allowed them to play smaller, faster, and create mismatches. Thereís no C that can guard him. This is a league that leans heavily towards the offensive side of the ball. Itís ok to not prioritize defense for stretches of games to boost offensive production. Also, there are very few Cs that are going to bully Randle and it can be done when other teams go small instead of always playing big.
    i wasn't discussing that at all, i'm more focused that if Obi has to go for Sexton, you pull the trigger, i'dd add in Knox both Dallas picks,

As far as Randle at center why didn't Thibs do that? We were even hurt and he played Pelle there before Randle and Obi?
    I have no idea but outside looking in Thibs don't like Randle at center.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post

Exactly. I completely agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

2020-21 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i wasn't discussing that at all, i'm more focused that if Obi has to go for Sexton, you pull the trigger, i'dd add in Knox both Dallas picks,

As far as Randle at center why didn't Thibs do that? We were even hurt and he played Pelle there before Randle and Obi?
    I have no idea but outside looking in Thibs don't like Randle at center.
    I donít think he trusted Obi enough to do it. He wasnít going to give up defense for Obi. He did do it the first game of the season. Then Obi got hurt, wasnít very good, and the team had a pretty successful formula

Last edited by ewing; 07-18-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Is RJ better at the 2?
    Ive always thought so because he can use his size advantage like Kobe and Tmac did. Klay was able to shoot over most sg. I like RJ at sg then let's sign a SF like DeRozen or Oubre or Robinson and get Sexton.

Sexton - Rose - Vildoza
    RJ - IQ - Frank
    DeRozan - Murphy III #21
    Julius - Taj
    Mitch - Garza #58

Sexton will cost us ... Obi, Knox, #19 & #32 which is a fair deal for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I know yall want Sexton but what if someone like Cooper develops a shot or tre man is Trae lite
    Well than that would be a great problem for us.

2020-21 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Is RJ better at the 2?
    I donít think it matters. He can bully smaller player but I think having as many ball handlers as possible on the court just as important

Last edited by ewing; 07-18-2021 at 07:17 PM.

If Sexton is unfeasible, another interesting option is Dejounte Murray.

Less offensive skill than Sexton, but with great defensive power among league PGs.

Maybe a "Sexton package", Toppin/Knox/pick19 or 21/pick Mavs 2023, be enough.

Murray
    Barrett
    DeRozan
    Randle
    Mitch

It would be a very competitive team.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKnicks View Post

Less offensive skill than Sexton, but with great defensive power among league PGs.

Murray
    Barrett
    DeRozan
    Randle
    Mitch

Heís a non-shooter. I have zero interest in that again. Heís also not cheap, and requires giving up something. Pass. Iíd much rather just spend that cash, or a little more, and go get someone else

No thanks on Derozan, thereís no scenario that I want him here
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-18-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKnicks View Post

Murray
    Barrett
    DeRozan
    Randle
    Mitch

The one rule I always follow is the ball should always be a threat. Murray just doesnít shoot the well enough. Pass. The shooting on this team just really poor in general. DeMar is always a threat bc of his play making and mid range but I think you need to put real 3 point shooting around him to ever be better then decent. This looks like a 500 team to me

Sometimes I like Sexton, sometimes I don't.

I'm fine if we go after him, but I still dont have a real feel for how good he is tbh.

If there's one thing I noticed the most in the playoffs this season, its that you need 3 guys who can be go to guys. Its great if you have 2 really good ones, but having 3 of them seems to be a big difference. It allows 1/3 guys to step up on any given night and win ball games.

If we go after Sexton, hes expected to be 1/3 go to guys for us. Is he that kind of player? I dunno...

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

I'm fine if we go after him, but I still dont have a real feel for how good he is tbh.

If there's one thing I noticed the most in the playoffs this season, its that you need 3 guys who can be go to guys. Its great if you have 2 really good ones, but having 3 of them seems to be a big difference. It allows 1/3 guys to step up on any given night and win ball games.

If we go after Sexton, hes expected to be 1/3 go to guys for us. Is he that kind of player? I dunno...

Good question.

I think he maybe on the same level as Jrue in the near future. Maybe he is a little less defensive wise but a gear better offense wise.

But I donít think Randle is 2/3

And I canít make a case for or against RJ as the 3/3.

Thatís my issue with our squad.

I am honestly hoping if we got sexton, he unlocks a level to Randle ans RJ that makes them those pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTsGoNyKnIcKs View Post
    Good question.

I think he maybe on the same level as Jrue in the near future. Maybe he is a little less defensive wise but a gear better offense wise.

But I donít think Randle is 2/3

And I canít make a case for or against RJ as the 3/3.

Thatís my issue with our squad.

I am honestly hoping if we got sexton, he unlocks a level to Randle ans RJ that makes them those pieces.
    Itís hard to say. I think if you have a real #1, it makes everyone else fall in line. I mean looking at the Bucks, Middleton and Jrue arenít even ideal 2/3 guys. But they have a real #1, so itís doable. Neither guy really even shot well for the majority of the playoffs.

If last years Randle was even 85% for real, heís a #3, maybe a #2. RJ, we donít know yet, but he could be. I think Sexton yes, at least scoring wise. I mean if he gets any better, youíre talking about a guy whos good for upper 20s a night, on good shooting

At this point, I donít think you pass up on #2/#3 guys. You get them, and keep trying to find the right leader

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

he's as good a chance to be that guy as anyone we could get. it's not like he scored 20ppg on horrible efficiency on a bad team that was scoring 120 every night.

he averaged 24ppg on great efficiency for a bad team that was dead last in the NBA in scoring, he scored almost 25% of their points.

his career shooting line at 22 years old is 46/39/83 shooting. how many 22 year old scorers have done that over their first 3 seasons?

im not worried about his offense, he can score, there are some concerns over his attitude and passing, but worst case you have a Mitchell/CJ scorer and you put another ballhandler next to him the way UTAH and POR do with those guys.

Thibs has done well with PG's too.