Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 871 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 371771821861869870871872873881921971 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,065 of 19840
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Still want to toss 18mil plus on a dude who has only shown up to play the last 2 years, but was limited the years prior cool I see where this is going.

Powell isnt going to be any cheaper, and for the price and size he better pan out since he does nothing in the PG dept. and Quickley isnt a PG either.

Powell isn't worth it to me, just my opinion sorry. It's like people are hoping he can take on a bigger offensive role.
    So we arenít supposed to trust guys who showed up to play the last 2 years? So how many years is valid? And if you take a jump, then the next year, play even better, isnít that pretty legit?

And if you read anything on him, his teams credit him for being a great locker room guy, a competitor, and a guy who makes you better on both ends. It also isnít like he sucked before, just didnít play a lot. If you saw him play, you could tell he was a gamer. Same as FVV. You knew he would keep getting better
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-15-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Look all i'm saying is this, Powell is in the same class as Robinson to me. A legit 6th man to come off the bench not one I want as a starter.

That's it, I have nothing against him he just not a starter to me regardless on what the stats say.

https://www.sny.tv/articles/knicks-t...-agent-pursuit

Begley saying Knicks not trading RJ and want to preserve max cap space for 2022 free agency. Both music to my ears along with the Sharife Cooper news he dropped.

If the Knicks acquire Sexton, we should keep this in mind when thinking about other possible targets.

I rather Sexton due to the fact he can get buckets on his own and lessen the burden off Randle while giving RJ enough room to keep growing. I like Ball because he is a PG we need and will work well with the Knicks.

We need a scorer who can get his own and Sexton is it, we need a legit PG who can push the pace while also knocking down shots and Ball can do it.

Robinson and Powell aren't players you want to push offensively to do more than they can and both aren't well suited to start. To top it off both are SG/SF and doesn't solve the PG spot, Quickley will never be a PG he is better suited to the 2 spot with pinches of the 1.

I rather first go after another top end scorer to supplement Randle and we still need a legit PG who can knock down 3's. Powells comes within the flow of the offense, when it comes down to crunch time guess what the ball will still be in Randle's hand, if you have Sexton you then have 2 option to have the ball at the end of game.

I get Powell, but he wont deflect attention away from Randle, he's more of a system player.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Jackson
    Powell or d green
    Rj
    Randle
    Mitch
    That's not a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Zach Lavine or Collin Sexton?
    Sexton...better upside.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post

Begley saying Knicks not trading RJ and want to preserve max cap space for 2022 free agency. Both music to my ears along with the Sharife Cooper news he dropped.

If the Knicks acquire Sexton, we should keep this in mind when thinking about other possible targets.
    Would like that. Also would like to add a Vet SG for a year then. Add lavine or Beal in FA to sexton rj randle
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post

I would be fine trading for Sexton and bringing back Rose and Bullock on bloated 1 year deals.

How do bloated deals work with an RFA? If we decided to throw 25M at Powell on a 1 year deal, an offer of say 3/60 was thrown at him by Portland, does the 1 year deal win out since itís the higher per year number?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    How do bloated deals work with an RFA? If we decided to throw 25M at Powell on a 1 year deal, an offer of say 3/60 was thrown at him by Portland, does the 1 year deal win out since itís the higher per year number?
    Powell isnít restricted. And if a RFA signs an offer sheet, I believe his original team can only match the exact offer. I could be wrong though.

Powell isnít a RFA

But an RFA can sign whatever offer sheet he wants, then the team with rights can either match, decline, or try and ask for assets in trade

Heís not RFA and he can sign any contract he wants.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    you're so dramatic. it's not 5 days anymore, i believe it's 48 hours. and we should have enough cap to float a couple of offers.
    not really pending when KNicks put the offer down, it when the period starts, Knicks will need to hold that money and there is a total of 5 days which it could be the rules are 48 hours but that is the legally speaking terms not the leaving cap free.

even at 48 hours that could be one hour too many you think other FA's are going to sit back waiting for that decision? '
    that was rhetorical.

and i'll repeat Miami is matching any decent offer, so that means the offer would have to be off the charts and then no thank you.

Guys infatuation with RFA's is just off the charts in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    not really pending when KNicks put the offer down, it when the period starts, Knicks will need to hold that money and there is a total of 5 days which it could be the rules are 48 hours but that is the legally speaking terms not the leaving cap free.

even at 48 hours that could be one hour too many you think other FA's are going to sit back waiting for that decision? '
    that was rhetorical.

and i'll repeat Miami is matching any decent offer, so that means the offer would have to be off the charts and then no thank you.

Guys infatuation with RFA's is just off the charts in many cases.
    I think there are some RFAs that can be possibly had, and some that canít. I think the Miami guys are unlikely, but not impossible. All depends how their offseason goes. Also depends if they want to keep Dragic or not

he's not and no such thing as a one year deal on a RFA