Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 796 of 1328 FirstFirst ... 2966967467867947957967977988068468961296 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,940 of 19916
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Or lose it all. Iím not saying give him away, but itís crazy to say you wouldnít make a deal because we canít trade Obi
    So you think Obi is a scrub.
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    So you think Obi is a scrub.
    Ok
    I didnít say that. You just did.

Do I think thereís a high probability heís something we would regret trading? No..

But that doesnít mean scrub. I know I wouldnít let fear of trading him stop us from making a good trade. Thereís zero untradeables on this roster
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-06-2021 at 05:49 PM.

2020-21 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    On the bolded not yet Knicks have to develop him for him to have actual value.

Obi was ranked to go in the lottery so I'm not sure why you're saying that every other team didn't want Obi when he went 8th.
    The arguments posters use against Toppin always go to extremes. If they said he canít shoot well enough, wasnít physical enough for me, needs a better handle I can see all of those criticism but no team wanted him? Thats just not true or close to it. 7 teams saw a player in the draft they liked more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-06-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The arguments posters make up to hate on that kid are nuts. If they said he canít shoot well enough, wasnít physical enough for me, needs a better handle I can see all of those criticism but no team wanted him? Thats just not true or close to it. 7 teams saw a player in the draft they liked more.

Cool story. Not beating this horse again

So right now, you trading him in a reasonable deal? Or you so encouraged, you donít want to move him?

I didnít say that. You just did.

Do I think thereís a high probability heís something we would regret trading? No..

But that doesnít mean scrub. I know I wouldnít let fear of trading him stop us from making a good trade. Thereís zero untradeables on this roster
    I think he will be a good player but whether we miss him depends on who we get. I do not believe the Knicks have the bullets to pull of a major trade anyway. Maybe enough bullets for a Sexton but I do not believe that is major

I also hope the Knicks don't take another shot at Chris Paul. Chris Paul has had to sit games out throughout this post season. While this happens in sports, it's also a cautionary tell-tale sign that anyone looking to pay him $50M/season is going to see their investment go up in flames.

The Knicks need to continue to go with young players.

They can sign vets like Derrick Rose but only as a bargain deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I also hope the Knicks don't take another shot at Chris Paul. Chris Paul has had to sit games out throughout this post season. While this happens in sports, it's also a cautionary tell-tale sign that anyone looking to pay him $50M/season is going to see their investment go up in flames.

I'm with you DrD

2020-21 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Cool story. Not beating this horse again

So right now, you trading him in a reasonable deal? Or you so encouraged, you donít want to move him?
    Iíd prefer not to move him but of course I would move him. All I said was I might move Q before him in a Sexton deal. I think a couple other posters said the same during that conversation. I am not sure what anyone said this time. For me he is definitely movable and if we had to move him to land a player like Sexton I would. I think Iím being reasonable here. Do you really believe no teams wanted Toppin? That means without the Knicks he doesnít go in the first round.

Last edited by ewing; 07-06-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Nobodyís paying him 50 a year. He had covid thatís a fluke. The shoulder thing was another fluke. Yes I agree Iíd rather stay young but Paul is awesome and woulda had a much better run with him this year
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Nobodyís paying him 50 a year. He had covid thatís a fluke. The shoulder thing was another fluke. Yes I agree Iíd rather stay young but Paul is awesome and woulda had a much better run with him this year
    He missed game 2 vs the Lakers due to shoulder injury. During the series against the Lakers I believe one more but fortunately Anthony Davis was out.

I just don't like the Knicks track record when it comes to trading or signing guys with a lot of mileage.

If the Knicks Front Office doesn't sign anyone this off-season I'm dreading their hopes to sign a superstar.

I'd rather the Knicks stay the course and keep drafting and developing than start making moves to get guys on their last legs, or slight upgrades at big price tags.

If you can get Lillard, ok. If you can get Lamelo for a reasonable price, ok. If you can get Sexton without breaking the foundation, ok. CP3 is an all time great but everyone knows exactly how that would play out if he came to the Knicks. He's gonna be hurt and he's gonna start looking like a guy who is almost 40. You don't have a run like he's having right now at this age without it being your swan song.

There aren't a lot of big names to get out there this year and the last thing we should do is panic buy. Keep building this core and eventually the right star player will want to come here and get this team over the top.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I'd rather the Knicks stay the course and keep drafting and developing than start making moves to get guys on their last legs, or slight upgrades at big price tags.

If you can get Lillard, ok. If you can get Lamelo for a reasonable price, ok. If you can get Sexton without breaking the foundation, ok. CP3 is an all time great but everyone knows exactly how that would play out if he came to the Knicks. He's gonna be hurt and he's gonna start looking like a guy who is almost 40. You don't have a run like he's having right now at this age without it being your swan song.

There aren't a lot of big names to get out there this year and the last thing we should do is panic buy. Keep building this core and eventually the right star player will want to come here and get this team over the top.
    What if the slow build results in us slipping to a bottom seed, or a fringe playoff team? Whoís coming then? Gotta pay Randle, gotta pay Mitch, will have to start thinking about RJ. You ready to reset again?

Itís hard to look at a lot of the teams below us in the standings, and not think they will be better. Cannot sit still. Have to make at least one significant upgrade
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-07-2021 at 09:39 AM.

What if the slow build results in us slipping to a bottom seed, or a fringe playoff team? Whoís coming then? Gotta pay Randle, gotta pay Mitch, will have to start thinking about RJ. You ready to reset again?

Itís hard to look at a lot of the teams below us in the standings, and not think they will be better. Cannot sit still. Have to make at least one significant upgrade
    You can make an upgrade but do not invest in a 36 year old unless it is a one year deal or 2 year deal with team option. Powell is an upgrade and is 28 or 29 and by time his deal would be done he would be 32 or 33. We can get better in increments without signing old players to long deals. I would wait one more year anyway to see if a core of Randall, RJ and Mitch are really worth building upon.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    You can make an upgrade but do not invest in a 36 year old unless it is a one year deal or 2 year deal with team option. Powell is an upgrade and is 28 or 29 and by time his deal would be done he would be 32 or 33. We can get better in increments without signing old players to long deals. I would wait one more year anyway to see if a core of Randall, RJ and Mitch are really worth building upon.
    I agree. I thought you meant you were against a Powell type move. Heís going to cost a nice chunk of change. But Iíd definitely make a move or 2 of that level

Smart so just blow all of our cap bkuz your scared to develop players